What I have to eat to grow

  1. Registered User
    mab904's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    210
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    56.12%

    What I have to eat to grow


    Been tring to add some quality muscle for over a year now. I weighed 144lbs today. An 18lb increase from March of last year. The most I have ever weighed in my life! I'm 5'7" tall, by the way. Body fat has stayed about the same, around 12%.

    This is pretty much what I have to eat to gain. Some days I even eat more if I can stand it. I feel like I'm always eating. But it seems as though it takes a ton of food to see any muscle gains. Thank goodness for digestive enzymes and betaine hcl. LOL.

    7:00am
    8oz egg whites
    1 whole egg
    cup fat free cheese
    cup oatmeal(dry measure)
    cup strawberries
    1 tbs flax seeds

    10:00am
    2 scoops whey protein
    cup oatmeal
    1 tbs flax seeds
    1 tbs lecithin
    2 tbs natural peanut butter

    1:00am
    6oz chicken breast
    1cup basmati rice
    1 cup broccoli/veggies

    3:00pm
    TrioPro Protein Cookie

    4:30pm
    4oz Buffalo
    2 slices Ezekiel bread
    Ives good slice

    5:30pm (1 hour pre-workout)
    Muscle milk RTD
    1/2 cup oatmeal

    8:30pm (post-workout)
    Boca meatless lasagna w/ 4oz chicken breast

    12:00am
    2 scoops whey protein
    2 tbs natural peanut butter
    1 tbs flax seeds
    1 tbs lecithin
    cup oatmeal









  2. Banned
    Brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    939
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    75.4%

    12%.... that is pretty damn lean. Nice work.
  3. Board Supporter
    Grassroots082's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,026
    Rep Power
    633
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    34.68%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I have to eat alot too
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    not_big_enuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,102
    Rep Power
    669
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    88.08%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Yeah, eating sure sux....
  5. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,715
    Rep Power
    986901

    mab, what is your calorie total in the daily meal plan?

    12% is quite lean for a woman. It may be that you may have to sacrifice some added body fat for a period of time to accrue some LBM. Depending upon your natural BF setpoint you may be sitting on the fence of catabolism/anabolism.

    Maybe a simple addition of some EFA's like fishoil caps or a tablespoon or two of XVOO to a meal or three.
  6. Registered User
    jonny21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,254
    Rep Power
    3916
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    95.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    18lbs in a year, sounds like your doing an excellent job nonetheless. After seeing your pics it even looks like you are doing an excellent job.

    Keep it up and continue to post pics, its how I know if my libido is there or not

    By the way, you do grind your flax seed right?
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  7. Pop-Lock champion of 84'
    Pfunk47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    334
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    55.82%

    that's one of the best diets ever posted on this forum - really impressive !!! - you def. know what your doing
  8. Registered User
    mab904's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    210
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    56.12%

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    mab, what is your calorie total in the daily meal plan?

    12% is quite lean for a woman. It may be that you may have to sacrifice some added body fat for a period of time to accrue some LBM. Depending upon your natural BF setpoint you may be sitting on the fence of catabolism/anabolism.

    Maybe a simple addition of some EFA's like fishoil caps or a tablespoon or two of XVOO to a meal or three.
    I try to take in at least 3000-3500 calories a day(40p/35c/25f).
    I also take in 2 tbs of flax oil and 10 caps of Super EFA fish oil a day. I cook my eggs in the morning in olive oil, plus use it as my dressing with balsamic vinegar when I eat salads. Days that I can stomach more food I add in another meal of chicken/rice/veggies and eat more oatmeal and peanut butter with my last meal of the day just before bed. Eating before bed seems to help keep the weight on me. If I miss that late night feeding I'm like 3lbs lighter the next day.

    I know that 12%bf is very low for a female. But I think my bf setpoint must be pretty low as I have always been a very lean...skinny type person. Leaning out for a contest has never been a problem it's adding the muscle that my body seems to fight. Even before I began weight training. When I first started going to the gym 6 years ago I was 17%bf and weighed like 110lbs.
    I guess I'm a typical ecto bodytype.
  9. Registered User
    mab904's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    210
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    56.12%

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny21
    18lbs in a year, sounds like your doing an excellent job nonetheless. After seeing your pics it even looks like you are doing an excellent job.

    Keep it up and continue to post pics, its how I know if my libido is there or not

    By the way, you do grind your flax seed right?
    Thanks Jonny
    Yeah, I get the ground flax seeds.
  10. Banned
    derbyman05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    26.67%

    eat everything
  11. New Member
    moondoggey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    108
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    35%

    great work
  12. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4829
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    54.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mab904
    Been tring to add some quality muscle for over a year now. I weighed 144lbs today. An 18lb increase from March of last year. The most I have ever weighed in my life! I'm 5'7" tall, by the way. Body fat has stayed about the same, around 12%.

    This is pretty much what I have to eat to gain. Some days I even eat more if I can stand it. I feel like I'm always eating. But it seems as though it takes a ton of food to see any muscle gains. Thank goodness for digestive enzymes and betaine hcl. LOL.

    7:00am
    8oz egg whites
    1 whole egg
    cup fat free cheese
    cup oatmeal(dry measure)
    cup strawberries
    1 tbs flax seeds

    10:00am
    2 scoops whey protein
    cup oatmeal
    1 tbs flax seeds
    1 tbs lecithin
    2 tbs natural peanut butter

    1:00am
    6oz chicken breast
    1cup basmati rice
    1 cup broccoli/veggies

    3:00pm
    TrioPro Protein Cookie

    4:30pm
    4oz Buffalo
    2 slices Ezekiel bread
    Ives good slice

    5:30pm (1 hour pre-workout)
    Muscle milk RTD
    1/2 cup oatmeal

    8:30pm (post-workout)
    Boca meatless lasagna w/ 4oz chicken breast

    12:00am
    2 scoops whey protein
    2 tbs natural peanut butter
    1 tbs flax seeds
    1 tbs lecithin
    cup oatmeal









    WOW an increase of ACTUAL muscle with NO body fat gain of OVER 10% of your body weight while staying at 12% which is LEAN as heck for a woman. AND especially for a women VERY impressive.

    DAMN that is alot of food. I know 200lb + guys who have a hard time eating that much good food.

    Congrats.


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  13. Registered User
    mab904's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    210
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    56.12%

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    WOW an increase of ACTUAL muscle with NO body fat gain of OVER 10% of your body weight while staying at 12% which is LEAN as heck for a woman. AND especially for a women VERY impressive.

    DAMN that is alot of food. I know 200lb + guys who have a hard time eating that much good food.

    Congrats.


    CROWLER
    Thanks Crowler. I appreciate the compliments.
    I have been lifting heavy as hell (heavy for me that is) and incorporating some powerlifting type training into my workouts. Which, I feel, combined with all that food, has made a big difference in helping me add some muscle. And, yeah, it really can be tough eating like this. LOL. Most of the time I'm not even hungry. I just eat because it's time to eat. I eat way more than my husband and he weighs 200lbs.
    I plan on competing in figure this coming August and then maybe bodybuilding in November if I feel I have enough size.
  14. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4829
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    54.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    You are a credit to BBing. I find it hard to keep eating enough to gain. Summer comes and I hate all the eating and I just want to go out and bike run and swim but that will mean I just have to eat MORE


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  15. I know nothing...
    DmitryWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,532
    Rep Power
    1411
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    31.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Wow, I'm impressed. 18 lbs in 1 year is no joke. Also I'd kill myself if I had to eat so clean. (I had steak and egg bagel from McDonalds today. 23g of fat )
  16. Senior Member
    exnihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    924
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mab904
    Been tring to add some quality muscle for over a year now. I weighed 144lbs today. An 18lb increase from March of last year. The most I have ever weighed in my life! I'm 5'7" tall, by the way. Body fat has stayed about the same, around 12%.

    This is pretty much what I have to eat to gain. Some days I even eat more if I can stand it. I feel like I'm always eating. But it seems as though it takes a ton of food to see any muscle gains. Thank goodness for digestive enzymes and betaine hcl. LOL.

    7:00am
    8oz egg whites
    1 whole egg
    ¼ cup fat free cheese
    ½ cup oatmeal(dry measure)
    ½ cup strawberries
    1 tbs flax seeds

    10:00am
    2 scoops whey protein
    ½ cup oatmeal
    1 tbs flax seeds
    1 tbs lecithin
    2 tbs natural peanut butter

    1:00am
    6oz chicken breast
    1cup basmati rice
    1 cup broccoli/veggies

    3:00pm
    TrioPro Protein Cookie

    4:30pm
    4oz Buffalo
    2 slices Ezekiel bread
    Ives good slice

    5:30pm (1 hour pre-workout)
    Muscle milk RTD
    1/2 cup oatmeal

    8:30pm (post-workout)
    Boca meatless lasagna w/ 4oz chicken breast

    12:00am
    2 scoops whey protein
    2 tbs natural peanut butter
    1 tbs flax seeds
    1 tbs lecithin
    ½ cup oatmeal
    Word on the diet, that's pretty damned clean. 4 meals and 2 shakes every day? Have you found that consuming a slightly higher dietary fat content causes you to get fat? It'd probably make the eating a bit easier if you were to cut down on the bulky carbs like oatmeal and add Omega-3 eggs and Homemade guacamole. Egg yolks are also a really good source of lecithin BTW.

    Edit: Just noticed your calorie count - 3500, damn! I'm trying to lose some fat right now eating about that, the thought of a woman matching me bite for bite is pretty damn funny.
  17. New Member
    thanatopsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    264
    Rep Power
    248
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    78.41%

    Great looking diet!

    I would like to comment that your calories are right around my total and I'm a 183 pound guy and bulking

    Impressive results so far, and best of luck for the future.
  18. Registered User
    mab904's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    210
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    56.12%

    Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    Word on the diet, that's pretty damned clean. 4 meals and 2 shakes every day? Have you found that consuming a slightly higher dietary fat content causes you to get fat? It'd probably make the eating a bit easier if you were to cut down on the bulky carbs like oatmeal and add Omega-3 eggs and Homemade guacamole. Egg yolks are also a really good source of lecithin BTW.

    Edit: Just noticed your calorie count - 3500, damn! I'm trying to lose some fat right now eating about that, the thought of a woman matching me bite for bite is pretty damn funny.
    I have tried a higher fat, lower carb macro breakdown before and did not notice any increase in bf, but my weight training really suffered. Strength levels went way down.
  19. New Member
    JKurz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    216
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    0.18%

    Mix that MM powder with the oats and it's to die for!

    Are you waking up at midnight to eat?? If so, your metaoblism is crazy! 1/2 cup oats is NOTHING...bump that to 1 cup and you will grow!
  20. Board Supporter
    Magickk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    769
    Rep Power
    500
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    28.58%

    Quote Originally Posted by JKurz1
    1/2 cup oats is NOTHING...bump that to 1 cup and you will grow!
    ROFL!
  21. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Power
    10788
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    Word on the diet, that's pretty damned clean. 4 meals and 2 shakes every day? Have you found that consuming a slightly higher dietary fat content causes you to get fat? It'd probably make the eating a bit easier if you were to cut down on the bulky carbs like oatmeal and add Omega-3 eggs and Homemade guacamole. Egg yolks are also a really good source of lecithin BTW.

    Edit: Just noticed your calorie count - 3500, damn! I'm trying to lose some fat right now eating about that, the thought of a woman matching me bite for bite is pretty damn funny.
    ex defines dieting as switching from burgers and beer to ribeyes and whiskey.
  22. Senior Member
    toughchick401's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    79221
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    19.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    great looking diet, you look wonderful as well
    RIP Ryan, :(
  23. Senior Member
    exnihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    924
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    ex defines dieting as switching from burgers and beer to ribeyes and whiskey.
    They must have used lead based tattoo ink on you son

    You should know that I've switched to jack daniels lite - I'm getting shredded already. I've got these huge veins in my forehead like you wouldn't believe man... Talk about freaky vascularity. As for the ribeye, I'm getting pretty sick of them, I switched to hot dogs lately and you wouldn't believe the amazing localized anabolic properties they have - there should be a study on that ****! My abs are getting HUGE!

  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 08:48 AM
  2. What countries have you been to?
    By pistonpump in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 12:06 PM
  3. what to eat to get huge
    By imdftoned in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 08:14 PM
  4. What Concerts Have You Been To
    By supersoldier in forum General Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 06:34 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2003, 02:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in