PROTEIN bars

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
I have about 4-5 FREE cases of myoplex carb sense bars, nitrotech, detours....etc.

For added cals (LEAN MASS IS GOAL) would it be kosher to break one up and eat it with a few meals throughout the day? Looking for some lean mass......also, may add in a PB sandwhich on wheat throughout the day or before bed!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Are there as evil as everyone claims?
Read the ingredients and decide for yourself. Many protein bars have added preservatives, sugars (i.e. HFCS) and saturated fats. In moderation I would say they're fine though.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
you might as well eat a snickers ... most of them are junk

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
I think the myoplex and nitrotech are solid products....low low sugar! low carbs, I just have 5 cases and need to do something with them......

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I think the myoplex and nitrotech are solid products....low low sugar! low carbs, I just have 5 cases and need to do something with them......
Most bars are junk but since you have them you might as well use them, especially since your trying to gain.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should list the ingredients so we can see exactly what is on them. But as a rule of thumb I stay away from bars unless I make them myself. Pre-made bars always have way too many artifical ingredients in them, but if these are good to go and you have five cases mow them down

delta314

Awards
  • Established
I eat a detour bar (Joyride, Oneway,etc...)every now and then. It satisfies my sweet tooth, and the breakdown is 29gr carbs, 30gr protein, 12gr fat, and 340 calories. Mt favorite is the Oh Yeah bars, they taste just like a Baby Ruth, but they have a few more fat grams. I'm a big Myoplex fan when it comes to meal replacement shakes, but the bars really taste like crap.

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
My favorite is the Oh Yeah bars, they taste just like a Baby Ruth, but they have a few more fat grams.
Yes......Oh yeah bars are too good! By accident I grabbed the peanut butter and jelly bar, not sure the exact name but even that was gooooood!:food:

bbgunz

Awards
stay away from the bars. pack some chicken or turkey instead.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
You eat as much chicken and turkey as I do, a protein bar is a welcome change every couple of days. :food: