Rice Cakes?

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Too high GI for me. I try to keep all the my carbs low on the GI scale.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
i'M TALKING post workout......AND actually, many pros uise them in their daily cutting diets - reason being GI is not what most think it is. GI LOAD is what should be watched....for example, carrots are high GI, yet it would take about 12 full size carrots to increase insulin.......dont think many are eating that much. That said, rice cakes are like 50-60 cals a pop.....take a great deal to cause a spike..........LAST NOTE, many are now made with whole grains and the new flavors are to die for!

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
I eat them on a normal basis, screw hi Gi I am not competing so this is how I look at it. Getting ready for bed my son has a bowl of ice cream, I have 2 rice cakes and a protien shake. I am better off going that way instead of ice cream right, thats what I thought.:woohoo:

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
remeber what I just said about GI......

You tried the new ones? PB and choc? Multrain grain cin and sugar? Choc chip?

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I can't believe you tried to compare rice cakes to carrots. That being said, I'm in the boat that Low-GI PWO is the way to go, but also minor mistakes here and there aren't going to slow you down much, and even less so on a bulk.

I don't compete, but I still want to look like I could.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
I love em! They're my best friend when bulking. I especially like the cracker jack flavored ones. Yummy!

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Orville Redenbacher's Caramel Popcorncakes 11g CHO each