Adding a training SHAKE when ON!

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
On this cycle, I am pondering the idea of adding a during shake on virtago and whey to increase the cals and then not having a post shake.......that way I can have a meal when I get home and even a prebed shake of muscle milk (I train in the eve)....anyone do this? How did it effect you?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
That's what I do, I drink my 'post workout' shake during my workout. I figure the the time Im done working out, all the protien is already working its way through my system to feed my muscles.

Just whey+water, and when I get home Ill have a low-gi carb (oatmeal or grapenuts) for PWO carbs.

About 2 hours later Ill eat my last meal before bed, which is usually a can of tune and a big salad.

That being said, this thread belongs in the diet forum:)

BV

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have a workout drink of 6 scoops of Xtend and 40g of Supercarb. I finish this about 30mins through my workout of 50mins. I drink another 20-30oz water and then have a double shake right as I get home. 16oz Skim milk, 2 scoops protein and another 40g of Supercarb. I then eat an after workout meal just over an hour after that.

I've been very happy with this, and my recovery since I started this has improved.

If your looking to increase cals, it would be better to add cals during the days. If you have to eat and extra meal 2 hours after your workout. Reguardless of ON/OFF Cycle, your workout nutrition should be solid.