diet help/critique

Cold

Awards
Alright, my diet has been slightly off lately, and my gains have been very minimal for the last couple of months. It's getting kinda frustrating, so I decided to improve my diet. I've got 3 grams of superdrol calling my name, but at the moment I really don't think I'm ready. So here goes, feel free to critique in any way. Oh yea, forgot to mention that my goals are to bulk to 200lbs, I'm 175-180 at 5'4" with 15% bf.

Meal 1-(not very hungry in the morning)
3/4 c oatmeal
2 Scoops ATW
5 Fish Oil Caps

Meal 2- Quizno's sub on wheat bread(have to spend aladine money)
6 ounces chicken
lettuce
tomato
2 Cups Skim milk

Meal 3-
6-8 ounce Sirloin
1 baked potato

Meal 4- (pre workout)
1 Scoop Vitargo
1 Scoop ATW
Taurine
CEE

Meal 5- (pwo)
1 Scoop Vitargo
2 Scoops ATW
2 Cups skim milk
CEE

Meal 6-
3/4 cup white rice
6-8 ounces sirloin
1 baked potato

Meal 7-
3/4 cup of 1% cottage cheese
5 fish oil caps

Meal 8-
2 tbsp natty peanut butter
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 cup skim milk

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Lose the potatoes for one, switch to sweet potatoes. If your doing rice use Basmati (lower GI). Looks like you could use more fruits & veggies. Throw a banana or two in throughout the day and maybe some frozen berries in your shakes? A spinach salad or two with some brocolli, olive oil & balsamic dressing? What is your total macro breakdown for the day? Total carbs/fat/protein, total calories etc. It doesn't look like your are getting enough calories but I don't feel like adding them up for you. :)

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Don't like the reg. potatoe choice, switch to yam or sweet pot...lose quizznos....if you weren't 15%, Id say go for it, but you need to be concerned with fat storage....I never go about 12% when bulking and that is HIGH.....virtago is solid pw, but you dont need it pre..........also, you dont need the rice AND the potatoe!

Cold

Awards
I'm really not sure what my total macros are for the day, because I don't know how much fat is in the sirloin sinces it's been grilled. I'll try to work on an estimate tonight.

Yeah I need to scrap the potatoes, but my cafetaria doesn't serve sweet potatoes.

As for the quiznos, it's probably going to have to stay. I usually have to work in the evening, and I need something quick. Also, I have to spend my aladine money.

Beebs

Awards
If bulking though, I don't think quiznos would be too bad as long as your macros and calories are in check. You want around 3100-3200cal I think, but I could be wrong depending on how active you are and what your metabolism is like.

Cold

Awards
Quiznos really isn't too bad IMO. Escpecially since I avoid all the extra **** they throw on sandwhiches like the dressings and cheese.

Quiznos also has tuna sandwhiches, but the tuna is mixed with mayo. So what do you think would be better? Tuna or chicken?

Thanks for the advice bros. I really appreciate all the input.:)

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Chicken

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Quiznos really isn't too bad IMO. Escpecially since I avoid all the extra **** they throw on sandwhiches like the dressings and cheese.

Quiznos also has tuna sandwhiches, but the tuna is mixed with mayo. So what do you think would be better? Tuna or chicken?

Thanks for the advice bros. I really appreciate all the input.:)
Neither! You are 15%, which is prob. underestimated.....you need to cut some fat first or you will be very sorry.....PACK A MEAL!!!!!!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Neither! You are 15%, which is prob. underestimated.....you need to cut some fat first or you will be very sorry.....PACK A MEAL!!!!!!
There is nothing wrong with bulking at 15%. Just because you don't do it does not make it improper or mean he will be sorry. I know plenty of people with 15% or more who have been bulking up for quite some time now. They are very happy and growing nicely. Oh, but they'll be sorry, right? Come on.

Cold

Awards
I really don't think I need to cut. I really think I need to add more size and mass before I start cutting. I know that my bodyfat is semi-high, but it tends to stick as long as my diet is somewhat clean. Also for the record, I haven't really been doing much cardio. I plan on incorporate up to 4x a week if my bodyfat goes up faster than expected. But for now, I'm gonna stick with 3x per week.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Hold up....What I meant by "sorry" was that at 15%, adding mass is fantastic, just be smart about the products you chose to bulk with.....for example, a 900 calorie Quiznos, may not be the best answer. The food there, although damn tasty, is loaded with preservatives, the bread is fake white bread, the sodium levels are through the roof, and I'd question what was really in the chicken or tuna....tis all....be smart. Just as easy to pack a meal, cheaper and more convienient!

Beebs

Awards
There is nothing wrong with bulking at 15%. Just because you don't do it does not make it improper or mean he will be sorry. I know plenty of people with 15% or more who have been bulking up for quite some time now. They are very happy and growing nicely. Oh, but they'll be sorry, right? Come on.
I was just recommending a cut so that way he doesn't have to watch calories so closely and/or do cardio. If you feel you're ready to continue bulking, then go ahead with it. Just try to stay around 500 over maintanence, and most likely you won't see to many problems.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I was just recommending a cut so that way he doesn't have to watch calories so closely and/or do cardio. If you feel you're ready to continue bulking, then go ahead with it. Just try to stay around 500 over maintanence, and most likely you won't see to many problems.
Should be doing cardio whether bulking or cutting IMO. Keeps your heart healthy, lipid levels in check, your metabolism running smooth, blood pressure down and aids in nutrient partitioning. Just keep it low intensity for 30 minutes or so and you will be golden. :)

Cold

Awards
I made some changes. I'm changing the white rice to brown rice. I'm adding in a broccoli in meals 6 and 8. I'm adding in some fresh fruit in meals 2 and 3. Also, I'm replacing the baked potato with wild rice.

Total macros are:
Pro-304 Carbs-300 Fats-65

Total kcal-3066

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I made some changes. I'm changing the white rice to brown rice. I'm adding in a broccoli in meals 6 and 8. I'm adding in some fresh fruit in meals 2 and 3. Also, I'm replacing the baked potato with wild rice.

Total macros are:
Pro-304 Carbs-300 Fats-65

Total kcal-3066
I would recommend sweet potatoes in the stead of reg pots as well.

As for the rice, go with Basmati. It has a pretty low GI, even the white variety. I switch it up now and then as I love white rice so much.

Lookin really good man, way to make your diet work for ya.