Cheaters!!!

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Any of you bulkers toss in a cheat meal each day? OR, how about free for all weekends? THink I might starting cranking the cals on the weekends, no training, then back to schedule on Monday....thoughts?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If and when you cheat is likely better to do it during your training split rather than an off day.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
If and when you cheat is likely better to do it during your training split rather than an off day.

This is not an attempt to argue with you as I know what will happen :)banned: ) But instead a real question. Is it not true that while doing strength training your metabolism is in higher gear for 48 hours post. If this is the case, then you could actually cheat the day after and still be safe.

Now, if this is not the case, why does bobo give his cheat meals on your day off?:wtf:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I think a cheat meal once in a while is great to keep you motivated and sane - but if you want to stay as lean as possible you'll cheat as little as possible.

Even though that's easier said than done;)

Man I love pizza:D

BV

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is not an attempt to argue with you as I know what will happen :)banned: ) But instead a real question.
Let me clear something up here. You are free to challenge or disagree without fear of banning.

Is it not true that while doing strength training your metabolism is in higher gear for 48 hours post. If this is the case, then you could actually cheat the day after and still be safe.

Now, if this is not the case, why does bobo give his cheat meals on your day off?:wtf:
suppose I have a 4 or 5 day split...am I not within that 48 hours window if I cheat on day 2 or 3 of my split?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i cheat basically once a day every day when i bulk

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Let me clear something up here. You are free to challenge or disagree without fear of banning.

I was just messin. I know you wont do anything just for a question. Sorry for confusion. Now to the topic. Yeah you would be, but I was just wondering why would it be better on an actual training day VS a day off?

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
i see better results when i throw a cheat meal or two a week, not a "free for all" but i dont slimp on the cals during that meal (maybe a Pizza)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was just messin. I know you wont do anything just for a question. Sorry for confusion. Now to the topic. Yeah you would be, but I was just wondering why would it be better on an actual training day VS a day off?
nutrient/calorie partioning. I can't have surplus and inactivity in the same day. recipe for fatness :(

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My thoughts exactly. Glad I am not the only one. Especially when I can be less concerned about cholesterol ( off cycle) pepperoni, sausage, and double cheese pizza are a problem for me. Thats it time to eat.:burger: :food:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established

I think it all depends upon your metabolism.

I definitely do NOT get sloppy fat when I bulk but I do cheat a minimum of once a day. I bulk for 5 weeks then SEVERLY cut for 6 days.

For the cheat meal(s) I usually have a large store bought pizza or a quart of ice cream or something similar. Then Sat and Sun is an all out eat whatever I feel like, chips, cookies, pizza, Little Debbies etc. But I always try to get in a minimum of 350 grams of protein THEN I cheat like a Kennedy on a college exam. :twisted:

Breakfast to day was dozen and a half oreos and some milk. I am feeling kind of guilty. I had sworn off dairy products a few months ago. :)

IMO it WOULD be better if I ate good food all the time to get the calories but I just don't do it that way.

CROWLER

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
It is nearly impossible to eat perfect all the time unless you have a show or are doing it for specific reasons. Atleasts for me anyway. If I had someone to prepare all my meals for me, then I really think I could do it, but between coaching wrestling, taking care of 2 dogs a wife and son, there is not enough time to do it.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
oh, yeah, I forgot, I have to work to?!
:frustrate :gore:

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Crowler- You eat a pizza or a quart of ice cream every day on a bulk?

:jaw: :box:

I have a new idol. Sort of explains the 1 week cut every 6 weeks though. ;)

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
You need the excess cals......you arent going to get fat from a meal a day and free for all weekends....

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Crowler- You eat a pizza or a quart of ice cream every day on a bulk?

:jaw: :box:

I have a new idol. Sort of explains the 1 week cut every 6 weeks though. ;)
lol

Honestly does it sound like alot.

I am talking about one of those grocery store pizzas not like a freaking Pizza Hut Large :)

I eat (please note I am NOT saying this is a good diet, just saying what works for me overall.)

On a nonworkout day I eat 2 doz eggs, 4 cans of tuna, 1/2 to 1 pound of chicken/meat, half a loaf of bread, 1/4 - 1/2 jar of jelly, oats (don't keep close tabs on this) and to be honest I eat a doz cookies or more, 1 or 2 bags of popcorn with all the butter, plus the quart of ice cream or large pizza and 100grams of protein in the form of protein powder. As for calories it isn't a HUGE amount I think approx 4500 to 5000.

When I cut(again I am NOT saying this is the way to do things just what works for me.) I drop to 50 grams of carbs a day and the cals go down by 2000 to 2500 a day and I ENJOY not eating. I do that for 5 to 6 days.

CROWLER

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
lol

I am talking about one of those grocery store pizzas not like a freaking Pizza Hut Large :)

I eat (please note I am NOT saying this is a good diet, just saying what works for me overall.)

On a nonworkout day I eat 2 doz eggs, 4 cans of tuna, 1/2 to 1 pound of chicken/meat, half a loaf of bread, 1/4 - 1/2 jar of jelly, oats (don't keep close tabs on this) and to be honest I eat a doz cookies or more, 1 or 2 bags of popcorn with all the butter, plus the quart of ice cream or large pizza and 100grams of protein in the form of protein powder. As for calories it isn't a HUGE amount I think approx 4500 to 5000.

When I cut(again I am NOT saying this is the way to do things just what works for me.) I drop to 50 grams of carbs a day and the cals go down by 2000 to 2500 a day and I ENJOY not eating. I do that for 5 to 6 days.

CROWLER
damn..how fat do you get....show me your current diet bro....stats?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Hi Kurtz,

I am not sure what you mean that is my diet you mean how many carbs protein and fat? If so I am sorry I don't know except protein is minimum 350 grams but usually over 400. The rest is just trying to get in as much food as I can so I am gaining weight. This is for 5 weeks.

Then, as I say, I cut for 5 - 6 days.

CORWLER

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
lol

CROWLER

he says it right here

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established

lol I was just posting the same thing.

Glen what is your dad's name??? Maybe we were seperated at birth. First the no abs or cardio thing now this. :)

CROWLER

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
bernie .. or as i like to call him "big bern-dawg" ... he's not overly fond of that however

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
I know..I mean you guys....whats up for the weekend? I'm thinking a couple large East of Chitowns tonight!

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards

lol I was just posting the same thing.

Glen what is your dad's name??? Maybe we were seperated at birth. First the no abs or cardio thing now this. :)

CROWLER
why so much junk? Stats? bf%? You lean bro?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Well it is difficult for me to get in 5000 cals clean day after day after day. Personally I would be happy eating a clean 2000 a day but then I would go back to the 160lbs I started at.

I can eat a clean 4500 - 5000 for a few weeks but then for me I have basically no appetite. I do realize that others do it but for me I use the junk food to keep myself going.

I know a number of people will say they eat 5000 cals clean and don't gain but it seems once they actually figure out how many calories it is far short of the amount they thought.

I am guessing at the end of the bulk I am about 12% (34" waist) but I don't really go down too much lower maybe 11%. I am not too concerned with that. I am trying to get to 250 which I am hoping it will be a reality by July 4th without being over 12%. I have another 17 lbs to go. Ultimate goal would be 260 at 10%. This would put me up 100lbs from when I was in my mid 30s.

CROWLER

CROWLER

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
bernie .. or as i like to call him "big bern-dawg" ... he's not overly fond of that however
LOL Why can I picture that

Yea definitely different dads. We didn't really joke with Dad at all BUT he WAS an attorney like you will be :)

CROWLER

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
So how did we do this weekend? Anyone ever heard of Buca Di Beppi?? Oh lord!!!!!

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
I usually have a cheat day once a week. Pop-Tarts are my friend. :)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
So how did we do this weekend? Anyone ever heard of Buca Di Beppi?? Oh lord!!!!!
Oh dont even get me started on that place!!!:D

Did pretty well, had a nice NY Strip steak w/sweet potato + a big salad for dinner last night. Weekend breakfasts are always a treat with a couple strips of bacon and a pancake.

I ate a cookie :(

:D

BV

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
I can't wait until that Board sponsor comes out with his appetite increaser. I am now finding it hard even to eat enough cals with the junk food included. Maybe a couple days of low cals could get my appetite back.

CROWLER

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I am trying to get to 250 which I am hoping it will be a reality by July 4th without being over 12%. I have another 17 lbs to go. Ultimate goal would be 260 at 10%. This would put me up 100lbs from when I was in my mid 30s.

CROWLER
:clap2: Amazing.

What made you decide in your mid 30s that you wanted to be frickin huge?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
So I decided this is my last ditch effort to get big. I will put aside all the endurance training for 2 years and see how it goes. I plan on doing a triathlong late summer early fall in the over 250lb class BUT trim enough so I wouldn't be embarressed to go without a Tshirt, we will see how it goes.
Dont put the cardio completely aside bro it SUCKS after you've gained a stack of weight to get back on that treadmill:)

BV

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
I have a bagel w/ PB and Honey once a day during the week... very few things I enjoy much more than this. It's just so damn good.

On the weekends I'll usually have a pastry on Saturday and I might go out to eat as well.

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
I can't wait until that Board sponsor comes out with his appetite increaser. I am now finding it hard even to eat enough cals with the junk food included. Maybe a couple days of low cals could get my appetite back.

CROWLER
I'm hungry constantly... you can have some of my appetite. I even feel a hungry sensation when my stomach is physically full sometimes. Unfortunatly I have yet to nail down how to take full advantage of this for GOOD weight gain. But I'm working on it... got a thread in this forum going to nail down my diet.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
lol

CROWLER
Wow bro, you must have a serious metabolism. I'd gain 20 lbs of fat on that bulk easy...Gotta love being a true endo...:blink:

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established

A quote from jay cutler (not exact, but something like this)...

"if your bulking, that means about 42 meals a week. If you cheat 3-4 meals, your still eating right 90% of the time."

Nabeshin

Nabeshin

Awards
  • Established
I'm still rather new at this, so I'm not sure where I stand. I keep very meticulous logs, so here are some random observations about cheating while drug-free:

- Eating clean all the time is physically painful when I get above 3500 cals
- I feel physically unhealthy after a cheat meal
- My bloodwork gets much worse if I cheat daily
- I hover around 14% bodyfat if I cheat daily
- I hover around 10% bodyfat if I don't cheat at all
- I can put on about 1 pound of muscle a month without cheating
- I can put on about 1.5 pounds of muscle a month with daily cheats
- I feel physically and mentally sluggish if I cheat daily
- I feel physically and mentally at my peak if I never cheat
- My strength is greater at 14% than at 10%
- Workouts wear me out less at 14% than 10%
- Most importantly, I've yet to hold on to the surplus gains I've made from cheating when I cut down to 10% bodyfat

Muscle lost during cutting seems to come at a fixed rate. I imagine, then, that if I cheated consistently for a very long time (years), I would reap significant benefits in terms of net muscle gains. However, I'd also spend several years as a relatively bloated and unhealthy hog.

In my opinion, cheating daily while on drugs is absolutely out of the question --- I like my heart, thank you very much. But perhaps a strategy of cheating and bulking cleanly, then doing a drugged clean bulk, followed by a drugged clean cut, would yield optimal results.

Also, as Jay said, a few cheat meals a week will have basically no impact on a bulk, although in the long run, bloodwork might suffer a little. But in terms of macroscopic changes, I've never noticed any to speak of.