New Diet Critique

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
Meal 1: 20g Whey w/ Water
Meal 2: 100g Oats, 5 whole eggs, apple
Meal 3: Shake: 1 cup Water, 3/4 cup Whole Milk, 40g PnutButter, 30g Whey, 20g Oats, 1/2 Banana
Meal 4: 150g Tuna in WholePita with Mayo and lettuce/onions, apple
Meal 5: Same as meal 3
Meal 6: 30g Whey + 25g Dextrose + 25g maltodex.
Meal 7: 75g Brown Rice, 150g Lean red Beef, 2 cups frozen vegies
Meal 8: 40g Whey in water, Fish oil

Staples: 10g Creatine Mono pre/post Workout. 10g Glutamine w/ meal 8. EFA's throughout the day, multivitamins
Snacks: Cottage cheese, String cheese, mixed nuts, dried fruits.

Total: about 3500 calories, about 280g protein.

tattoopierced1

I'd try to make meal 2 your first meal you eat. Whole foods in the morning are always best. I would also use skim milk not whole milk and use Natty peanut butter over regular peanut butter. Depending on your height/weight, it looks to be pretty good. I would also cut out the dextrose and malto and replace it with a wholegrain bagel or oats.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I don't like meal #8 at all. You want a slow digested protein before bed. Tuna, Chicken, Turkey, Cottage Cheese, String Cheese, and Casein Protein Powder are all much better choices at this time.

IMO, when you put 40g of whey in water and drink it, half will be digested very fast and the other half will be farted away.

Xel

Awards
Move the glutamine from your last meal to post-workout. It helps with glycogen resynthesis and other things.

I don't like meal #8 at all. You want a slow digested protein before bed. Tuna, Chicken, Turkey, Cottage Cheese, String Cheese, and Casein Protein Powder are all much better choices at this time.

IMO, when you put 40g of whey in water and drink it, half will be digested very fast and the other half will be farted away.
Bump to that!

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
thanx for replies... I'm bulking which is why i added in the whole milk..
So I'll switch the whey in water w/ say: casien in milk?
The reason glutamine is at the last meal is b/c I heard that glutamine fights creatine for absorption... if its not an issue i got no problem throwing it post-workout

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
what i'm saying is glutamine is worthless orally .. you won't absorb any of it .. any study showing glutamine to be worthwhile was done with injectible ... its just a waste of money to use it orally

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
i see, seeing as i already have a bottle of it- i'll just throw it in till its gone, then scrap it

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
what i'm saying is glutamine is worthless orally .. you won't absorb any of it .. any study showing glutamine to be worthwhile was done with injectible ... its just a waste of money to use it orally
Glen,
I didn't notice the word orally when I first read your post. I was just responding to the fact that I believe it to be worthless for bodybuilders.

I know they have done studies re: glutamine administered parenterally in critically ill and surgical patients.

Do you have any links to any oral studies? I would like to read up on this. I'll search on my own anyway.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
bobo has posted them a few times .. sorry i'm too tired to dig them up this second lol