protein bars

BACKMAN

Awards
i rarely eat protein bars, but when i do, i want something very low in sugar. what do you guys use? i saw some nitro tech bars that looked pretty good. any suggestions

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
Survey says: Make your own, seriously about 95% of the bars out there are barely a step up from a regular candy bar. I'm not trying to be a smart ass but you would be better off just making large batches of your own and freezing them, that way you can control the macronutrient content and flavor them how you see fit. If you search on some of the forums you should find some very tasty variations. And if you are dead set on purchasing bars then I suggest CLIF bars they are a little shy in protein amount but everything else is solid.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
i rarely eat protein bars, but when i do, i want something very low in sugar. what do you guys use? i saw some nitro tech bars that looked pretty good. any suggestions

They taste like buttholes and pennies. Nasty, every flavor!!

BACKMAN

Awards
awesome thats my favorite flavor- butt pennies

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
Not sure what you are talking about. They have new labels on the bars, but all companies eventually change the way the wrappers look. I heard they have more carbs than what is listed, and less protein. But at least they dont have hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup in them like other bars. It is still a decent carb source if you are on the run, I can get my protein from other sources just as easily from meat. Ingredient wise they are probably the best on the market...

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Not sure what you are talking about. They have new labels on the bars, but all companies eventually change the way the wrappers look. I heard they have more carbs than what is listed, and less protein. But at least they dont have hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup in them like other bars. It is still a decent carb source if you are on the run, I can get my protein from other sources just as easily from meat. Ingredient wise they are probably the best on the market...
Time out...they were nailed for false label claims, triple the sugar, more carbs and less protein yet you think thereare no HCFS or syrups??? How can you be so sure? LOL

In general, protein bars are junk....are they better than a candy bar? Sure, but for EMERGENCY use only

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
Time out...they were nailed for false label claims, triple the sugar, more carbs and less protein yet you think thereare no HCFS or syrups??? How can you be so sure? LOL

In general, protein bars are junk....are they better than a candy bar? Sure, but for EMERGENCY use only
You just covered pretty much everything I said. I also never said eat 3 trioplex bars a day or even 1 for that matter, just that is the only one I will reach for if I do decide to eat a bar. whatever, I'm done

roadsidejustice

Awards
The Tri O Plex bars definitely made me fat when I incorporated them into my daily routine. It was the only thing that I changed in my diet and my belt got tighter. That was a while ago now but I won't go near those things ever again.

nestle1

nestle1

Awards
Labrada has some bars out in the market . What do you guys think of those? I don't use bars but I' going on vacation next week and I was thinking of picking some up. Thanks

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
IMHO - they are 10x better than what most preach...I always include 1-2 a day after meals during my clean lean bulk....dessert!

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
lean Labrada bars are pretty damn interesting macro wise...yet to taste....worried about fat content of 5g sat.

NiteHawk

Awards
I personally dont like the taste of any protein bars. I would rather eat beef jerky. I did try a sample of a protein cookie at the Arnold Classic Fit Expo that tasted pretty good. I cant remember the name of it though...

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
I have used both MEt-rx Protein (Mud Pie Fusion is awesome) and Labrada LEan Body bars. Though not the ideal choice they are conveninent for people on the go and better than some of the other alternatives

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
IMHO just make your own bars if you want to go with a bar. The other option is an MRP, I like Lean Mass Matrix as far as MRP's go. I personally make whey shakes with oats and carry them with me if food is not an option.

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
I personally dont like the taste of any protein bars. I would rather eat beef jerky. I did try a sample of a protein cookie at the Arnold Classic Fit Expo that tasted pretty good. I cant remember the name of it though...
Here here! I would much rather eat some Buffalo Jerky, Turkey Jerky, Beef Jerky, etc. Yeah, it's high in Sodium, but it's not like I each tons of salt. I am gonna tray and make my own sometime soon and see how it turns out. Gumbo

Pimp C

Awards
the Sierra bars by biochem are the best i've found. the taste is great and they don't have soy protein or maltitol, sorbitol, lactitol, polydextrose, glycerine or any other sugar alcohols. that almost all of the bars have. protein 22, carbs 24, fat 10.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
Labrada or VPX pumpkin....yummy
Too many of them have HFCS, i have no idea why, cheap fillers? :(

Einherjar

Awards
Met-RX Protein Plus bars are the best if you must have protein bars. However, I recommend protein powder to them any time.