Meal following post w/o shake

C

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long do you want to wait before eating the meal following a post workout shake.

A

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Yea about the same as above. 45mins to an hour.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wait 45min 1h. I would like to wait a bit longer but I can't I'm working late (I finish my workout at 9pm).

D

delta314

Awards
  • Established
I've been scarfing up a couple of chicken breasts with my post workout shake....I start at 5:30 and by the time I'm outta of the shower it's 7:30 and I'm starving.

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My post workout shake has kind of become my during workout/post shake.

As in i start drinking it when i start training, sip it all the way through, then finish whatever is left when im done.

I usually then eat a meal about 45mins-1hr later

M

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since I workout at home, I'll likely be eating my post workout meal as soon as I'm finished lifting when I resume bulking. It'll consist of cooked oatmeal, with whey and cottage cheese stirred in afterwards. I drink a shake during my workout, so really don't need to drink my post workout meal when I can easily eat it instead.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Somewhere between 1hr to 1.5 hrs.
seems to work best for me.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
1-2 hours. Depends on post-workout shake/meal contents.

S

scannell_7

Awards
You should have a post workout shake immediately after, and between half an hour and an hour after you have finished training is whats called the window of opporunity, were your body needs the essential nutrients (ie, proteins and carbs) to return it to its normal state and feed the muscles. It is essential tht u eat between this period even if your not hungry, to get the most from your workout.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I've been scarfing up a couple of chicken breasts with my post workout shake....I start at 5:30 and by the time I'm outta of the shower it's 7:30 and I'm starving.
No wonder you are starving after a 2 hour long shower :icon_lol:

CROWLER

B

bigBOZ

Awards
How long do you want to wait before eating the meal following a post workout shake.
FOR ME: 206 lbs, lean..

Post-Training:
2.5 scoops whey
1 scoop Glycoload (50 g)((Carb powder))

1 Hr after post shake:
6 oz. Chicken
8 oz. white potato
..this is for maxium glycogen storage. Adjust to suit you...

C

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
You should have a post workout shake immediately after, and between half an hour and an hour after you have finished training is whats called the window of opporunity, were your body needs the essential nutrients (ie, proteins and carbs) to return it to its normal state and feed the muscles. It is essential tht u eat between this period even if your not hungry, to get the most from your workout.
1.5 hours afterwards is just as good.
cc