Meal following post w/o shake

  1. Meal following post w/o shake


    How long do you want to wait before eating the meal following a post workout shake.


  2. I always wait about an hour or so.

  3. Same here....
    •   
       


  4. Yea about the same as above. 45mins to an hour.

  5. I wait 45min 1h. I would like to wait a bit longer but I can't I'm working late (I finish my workout at 9pm).

  6. I've been scarfing up a couple of chicken breasts with my post workout shake....I start at 5:30 and by the time I'm outta of the shower it's 7:30 and I'm starving.

  7. My post workout shake has kind of become my during workout/post shake.

    As in i start drinking it when i start training, sip it all the way through, then finish whatever is left when im done.

    I usually then eat a meal about 45mins-1hr later

  8. Since I workout at home, I'll likely be eating my post workout meal as soon as I'm finished lifting when I resume bulking. It'll consist of cooked oatmeal, with whey and cottage cheese stirred in afterwards. I drink a shake during my workout, so really don't need to drink my post workout meal when I can easily eat it instead.

  9. Somewhere between 1hr to 1.5 hrs.
    seems to work best for me.

  10. 1-2 hours. Depends on post-workout shake/meal contents.

  11. You should have a post workout shake immediately after, and between half an hour and an hour after you have finished training is whats called the window of opporunity, were your body needs the essential nutrients (ie, proteins and carbs) to return it to its normal state and feed the muscles. It is essential tht u eat between this period even if your not hungry, to get the most from your workout.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by delta314
    I've been scarfing up a couple of chicken breasts with my post workout shake....I start at 5:30 and by the time I'm outta of the shower it's 7:30 and I'm starving.
    No wonder you are starving after a 2 hour long shower


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

  13. Quote Originally Posted by b_delgros
    How long do you want to wait before eating the meal following a post workout shake.
    FOR ME: 206 lbs, lean..

    Post-Training:
    2.5 scoops whey
    1 scoop Glycoload (50 g)((Carb powder))

    1 Hr after post shake:
    6 oz. Chicken
    8 oz. white potato
    ..this is for maxium glycogen storage. Adjust to suit you...

  14. Quote Originally Posted by scannell_7
    You should have a post workout shake immediately after, and between half an hour and an hour after you have finished training is whats called the window of opporunity, were your body needs the essential nutrients (ie, proteins and carbs) to return it to its normal state and feed the muscles. It is essential tht u eat between this period even if your not hungry, to get the most from your workout.
    1.5 hours afterwards is just as good.
    cc
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Post W/O shake - before or after sauna?
    By sjfou in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-12-2011, 12:18 AM
  2. Is this post-workout bulking shake too much?
    By millerni in forum Bulking
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 12:32 AM
  3. Post-Work Out Shake after Cardio?
    By jdboucher in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 02:13 PM
  4. Milk in post workout protein shakes
    By biggjohn in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 11:13 PM
  5. Whey or casein for post workout protein shake?
    By Rostam in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Log in
Log in