Increasing Appetite

Soop

Awards
I am having a hard time keepinf my appetite high enoughto get all the calories i need. Anything out there that will solve this problem??

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
I am having a hard time keepinf my appetite high enoughto get all the calories i need. Anything out there that will solve this problem??
Claritin works great for me. A lot of antihistamines work well at boosting Appetite.

soma

soma

Awards
  • Established
I have a similar problem with appetite. I use vet grade b-12 up to 1 ml everyday a week (usually about 5 days a week). Seems to boost my appetite noticeably. Call around to your local feed/vet supply stores and ask if they have b-complex and if they do, ask the concentration of the b-12 (you want 1000mcg / ml ) -- ive gotten b-complex with as little as 5mcg b12/ ml -- it sucked. Good luck

PS - you can also order it from research sites online for extra money.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ever consider IGF? My buddy ate 16k calories in one day while on it. Granted, he is one big mofo. LOL. :blink:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I've heard that if you take GXR before your workouts you'll be ravenous by the end from the drop in blood sugar. Never tried it. Be aware that low blood sugar can make you feel like ****.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised supp companies haven't come out with anything great in this area yet. I always thought it would be a huge seller. Imagine how many skinny guys like me would grow if we actually wanted to eat all the time.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Duh, hexatropin! I forgot about that earlier.

bully

Hi Soop, What do you eat in a day whats the protein, carbs and fat. Do you eat every 3 hours? I wouldnt recomend something until i no more. let me no
thanks bully

tattoopierced1

gradually work up to what you are going for. Your not going to be able to pound down the calories you want in one day, it can take weeks to get to where you feel "normal" eating like you should. I would lay out a diet to where you are eating every 2-3 hours and then every week, add in more things to each meal until you are at your desired cal.

Jay Mc

Awards
think about calorie dense foods. Peanut butter, rice, pasta, etc. Most people can eat tons of those things w/o filling up.

johngalt

Awards
So are you up for a challenge? Could I talk you into writing out a sample meal plan that has a person take in 3000-3300 calories per day in mostly calorie dense food and which also minimizes the use of oatmeal and mass amounts of eggs (no more than 3 or 4 in a meal)? And, since you guys always ask to post up your current diet so you can get an idea:
Current diet involves a shake for breakfast which consists of 2 scoops of whey, 2 cups of milk, 1 cup of oatmeal (not a fan of it), one container of yogurt, and half a cup of blueberries. Lunch consists of a half pound of beef, with a mixture of rice, corn, tomatos, and kidney beans. Dinner is a half pound of chicken with veggies (usually some combination of mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, and peppers). Right before bed I have a cup of cottage cheese and 10 grams of fish oil. The only problem with this plan for me is the shake in the morning. I just don't have the appetite to get it all down and now feel nauseous.

Now, a bulking plan that has worked for me (although I still felt nauseous from eating that much):

Meal 1: 7 to 9 am
1 bagel
2 scoops whey
52p, 47c, 2.5f

If working out:
Post Workout Shake noonish
Mass600 Shake
3 cups whole milk
77p, 119c, 21f

If not working out: 11:30am
2 cups whole milk
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 cup oats
1 cup yogurt
2 scoops whey
Total: 85p, 114c, 36f

Gatorade (regardless of working out or not):
60c

Meal 2: 7pm if not working out, 2pm if working out.
1 can Tuna Fish
2 Pieces Whole Wheat Bread 3p, 18c, 1.5f x2
5 Fish Oil Caps 0p, 0c, 5f
2 cups whole Milk 16p, 24c, 10f

Meal 3: 6:30pm if working out. 9pm otherwise.
2 Pieces Whole Wheat Bread 3p, 17c, 1.5f x2
1 can Tuna Fish
Some sort of veggies.
2 cups whole Milk 16p, 24c, 10f

Night Meal: 11pm to midnight.
1 cup Cottage Cheese 30p, 10c, 10f
5 fish oil caps 0p, 0c, 5f

So that was the bulking diet. Not too healthy or original, but it worked.
Current stats: 185 pounds with a blurry sixpack. Currently working out twice a week. Last two workouts:
1/25/06
Chinups: Bodyweight plus 25 pound plate. 3x8
Hang Cleans: 190x4x5 Max deadlift: 475
Bent Over Dumbbell Rows: 62.5x3x8
SuperSet: Dumbbell Curls: 40x3x6
Reverse Grip Bench: 145x3x6
SuperSet: Wrist Curls: 75x3x6
Reverse Wrist Curls: 45x3x6

1/28/06
Standing Military Press: 130x3x6
Squats (no belt): 240x20 (one set) Max squat to parallel: 405
Pullovers: 89x12 (one set)
Incline Bench Press: 155x4x5 (I know, it's weak). Max flat bench is only 275.
Pullovers: 125x3x10

The goals: slowly get up to a little over 190 and stay fairly lean.
So, with all of that stated, can I talk you into writing a calorie dense diet?

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That's a nice sample meal plan. Just a little suggestion try adding nuts prefferably walnuts. Lots of calories and good fats. Speaking of fats, I've seen guys adding fats like olive oil or flax oil to their protein shakes. I've done it before myself and it is decent source of extra calories. IMO I'd rather eat real food and have plenty of appetite. BTW, if you're not an AAS virgin and or don't have anything against using them 500 mgs of eq a week will teach you the definition of hunger. I'd eat all day and then eat till I nearly passed out at night AND still wake up to the sounds of my stomach screaming at me.

Here's another little tip which some might not agree with but it's worked and assuming you dont' make a lifetime habbit out of it, I'd say it's ok. Try eating alot of candy ie. sugary candies like gummy bears, mike and ike's **** like that and make sure for every gram of sugar/carb you get you take in the same amount of protein (prefferable whey). Obviously this won't be all you eat all day long, more like 2 snacks. On top of that super pretzels work nice as well, super refined and a solid dose of carbs + 5 grams of protein, once again make sure you eat an equal amount of carbs. Check out "The skinny bastards Diet" as this is where I'm getting most of this info from. BTW please keep your flames to yourself. Eating like this for most of us is a NO NO. AND like I said eating like this for to long obviously isnt good either. However, it's a pretty damn easy and in most people's opinion, enjoyable diet that will work.

tattoopierced1

That's a nice sample meal plan. Just a little suggestion try adding nuts prefferably walnuts. Lots of calories and good fats. Speaking of fats, I've seen guys adding fats like olive oil or flax oil to their protein shakes. I've done it before myself and it is decent source of extra calories. IMO I'd rather eat real food and have plenty of appetite. BTW, if you're not an AAS virgin and or don't have anything against using them 500 mgs of eq a week will teach you the definition of hunger. I'd eat all day and then eat till I nearly passed out at night AND still wake up to the sounds of my stomach screaming at me.

Here's another little tip which some might not agree with but it's worked and assuming you dont' make a lifetime habbit out of it, I'd say it's ok. Try eating alot of candy ie. sugary candies like gummy bears, mike and ike's **** like that and make sure for every gram of sugar/carb you get you take in the same amount of protein (prefferable whey). Obviously this won't be all you eat all day long, more like 2 snacks. On top of that super pretzels work nice as well, super refined and a solid dose of carbs + 5 grams of protein, once again make sure you eat an equal amount of carbs. Check out "The skinny bastards Diet" as this is where I'm getting most of this info from. BTW please keep your flames to yourself. Eating like this for most of us is a NO NO. AND like I said eating like this for to long obviously isnt good either. However, it's a pretty damn easy and in most people's opinion, enjoyable diet that will work.
If you want to stay lean, stay away from the candy...that is a big no no, in any type of bodybuilding diet, except a poor one. 2ndly, dont use AAS to increase your appetite, do it naturally. If you become dependant on drugs to make you hungry, how are you going to keep up with it after you are off of the drug. Correct steps should be 1: learn to eat right for what you are wanting to achieve. 2. learn to train right for what you are wanting to achieve. 3. then and only then, if you do decide to use AAS to further along what you have started naturally, start to LOOK into using if you are open to the idea.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm not going to take that as a bash. But how are you going to chime in when I mention EQ after 2 other much more questionable "semi-legal" compounds are mentioned. BTW if you're bulking (which he never mentioned on this thread if he was or wasn't, but based on the question it would seem so) then isn't it alright to look a little bulky? Guess that depends on your preferrence. I made the AAS suggestion simply based on the fac that he already tried igf-1, which has alot more uncertainties then any AAS. Like I said, you couldn't eat this way forever and for most bodybuilders it's no no.

Jblake

Awards
I like candy during my workout sometimes. It's no habit and I stick to mainly low GI carbs, however, some days don't you guys just go ballistic? Especially during carb loads. If you use candies that contain no fat and are mostly maltodextrin or dextrose, you're good to go. What do people think gatorade is? Sugar-water with minerals. I agree, eating this garbage will boost your appetite!

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree blake. But tat's point was that to start off the habbit of eating crap like that and then seeing gains off it, you reinforce the wrong type of eating practices. I understand him, overall it comes down to discipline I suppose. THen again if soop (and no offense by this bro) had enough discipline to eat big and clean he wouldn't have to ask this question. All valid points.

Xel

Awards
P-GH is supposed to be pretty good for this. One of the reasons why I just bought 3 months.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
personally p-gh did nothing for me in the way of increasing appetite

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Appetite is just a negative stone in the way of getting big. You not being hungry shouldn't have anything do with eating if size is what you want. Eating is something that has to be done even when you aren't in the mood for it. Just like the gym. Once you get in that mindset of forcing down food for a week or 2 your body will become used to it and start telling you your hungry every 2-3 hours.

Also in that diet posted - drop the whey for breakfast and second meal. Get some whole foods in there. Cottage cheese with some whey mixed in for breakfast is a better option.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Now that's a gross avatar.

I'll strongly second what you said though Bo, it all comes down to discipline.

Xel

Awards
Yeah, but it's sure alot easier and more enjoyable when you have a appetite. ;)

I've gotten to the point where I literally get the gag reflex when I try to eat solid food and choke on it. :(

fireball

Awards
i've been catching things about dietary enzymes. when i try to eat 5 or 6 times a day i feel like hell. if i eat to much at one time i feel like bloated road kill. will dietary enzymes help? what other benifits do they have?

oh BO you have a nice avatar, wide guys blind.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
i've been catching things about dietary enzymes. when i try to eat 5 or 6 times a day i feel like hell. if i eat to much at one time i feel like bloated road kill. will dietary enzymes help? what other benifits do they have?

oh BO you have a nice avatar, wide guys blind.
I was the same way I developed IBS this way eating too many junk calories, too much fast food and sausage and hot dogs. I do better now eating clean, to lot of clean calories make me fell not too bad. dietary enzymes did nothing for me.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
this may seem silly but you know what always drives my appetite out of control. Being on a diet when I tell myself I can't have calories I want more and when I tell myself i need more calories i'm not as hungry.

flex167

Awards
Good ole mary jane will cure your lack of hunger :D just be sure to stay away from chocolate!!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised supp companies haven't come out with anything great in this area yet. I always thought it would be a huge seller. Imagine how many skinny guys like me would grow if we actually wanted to eat all the time.
I was suprised about that too so you know what WE came out with one and are looking for testers for Appetite Support an appetite stimulator. :)

Looking for testers here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/search-859178.html

Thanks

CROWLER

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
totally off topic but this is to Bohica...

in your sig, it was Xenophon who is quoted saying that, not Socrates. both greek philosophers/historians but two totally different dudes.

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ginger root, peppermind and I believe Gotu Kola also....

These are supposed to help out with stimulating your appetite. They're pretty cheap and you can find them @ almost any health store.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nothings makes ur desire for food skyrocket like some Bomb Doja :twisted:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EMPIREMIND Supplements 23
Bulking 67
Colbicide PES 8
Anabolics 17
Supplements 5