Which Potatoes are best for bulking?

italianplaya30

Awards
Which Potatoes are best for bulking? yams or baked potatoes

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Yams. Lower GI. Regular potatoes have very little nutritional value, and a very high GI.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Sweet potatos. The big ones are best. :)
Red Skins are ok ....but Sweets are loaded with nutritional value.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
White potatoes are great in a post workout meal though. They are also high in potassium. Red skin are slightly higher in fiber. Eat the skin. If you're bulking, they're great. If you're trying to stay lean, sweet potatoes are better IMO. Mashed potatoes is the food of the gods(tastewise)!!!

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Here's a table I found...

Russet NorkotahRusset BurbankRedYellowWhiteCalories110110100120110Calories from Fat00000Total Fat00000Sodium10 mg15 mg0 mg0 mg0 mgPotassium680 mg640 mg710 mg810 mg700 mgTotal Carbohydrates22 g23 g23 g26 g25 gDietary Fiber3 g2 g2 g2 g2 gProtein4 g4 g3 g3 g3 gVitamin C8 %10 %10 %15 %10 %Riboflavin4 %2 %0 %12 %2 %Iron40 %10 %4 %4 %4 %Vitamin B615 %15 %15 %15 %10 %Thiamin6 %10 %8 %6 %6 %Niacin8 %10 %unavailableunavailableunavailableFolic Acid4 %4 %unavailableunavailableunavailable

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I dig my yams.

Yams and steak..mmm mmm!

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Sweet potatos are your best choice, but a baked white potato doesn't have a much higher gi value.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
White flag waggin' fries! ( French fries) Nothing fills me up better than an extra large from Mickey D's. JK

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
I like the Alexia brand potatoes. The ones I eat are seasoned with garlic, olive oil and cheese. They are frozen, so I just put them in the oven for 20 minutes and BAM!!! the perfect preworkout meal!!!

Try it!!!

Jblake

Awards
I like to take the redskinned taters and cut them in fourths, spritz them with a little olive oil and sprinkle them with chopped rosemary, garlic powder and sea salt and bake them. It smells so good and tastes even better.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I like the Alexia brand potatoes. The ones I eat are seasoned with garlic, olive oil and cheese. They are frozen, so I just put them in the oven for 20 minutes and BAM!!! the perfect preworkout meal!!!

Try it!!!
This thread is making me hungry.:food:

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Yambos......they are very large yams and me like YAMBOS :food: :food: