How many Carbs per day to BULK???

JordyRoc

Awards
Alright. i know the calories and protein intakes pretty well..

1.5 grams x body weight = Amount of protein per day.

35 x body weight = Amount of calories per day

however, im a little unsure as to how much carbs should be consumed per day to bulk up..

can someone clarfy this for me?

Thanks

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Take the number of carbs you are currently eating and increase it by100grams for a week to 10 days and see how your body measurments/weight changes.

Then adjust accordingly.

BTW those other equations are just REALLY rough guidelines. It is best to determine them yourself by starting with how many cals you are currently eating and if you are gaining, losing or staying the same weight.

CROWLER

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I agree with Crowler, but the 35 x BW seems like a ton of cals to me Jordy. I know everyone's different, but that's almost twice what I eat to gain.

JordyRoc

Awards
I agree with Crowler, but the 35 x BW seems like a ton of cals to me Jordy. I know everyone's different, but that's almost twice what I eat to gain.
hmmmmmm

how much do you weigh??

im 205 lbs and i need everyone of those 7000 calories to keep that weight up....

maybe i am over doing it a little????

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
If that's working well for you, I would absolutely keep it at 7000. Like Crowler said, if you think you're adding too much fat, just lower the carbs.

35x just seems high because I usually see numbers posted around 18x bodyweight for bulking. I've been gaining well so far on 20x, but everyone is different. There are plenty of other guys out there that have said they needed a lot more and I believe them. That's why these are just guidelines and not rules. I could sit here in my office chair all day tossing out numbers, but you're the only one that will be able to tell if you're over doing it or not. Good luck and keep it up.

DR X

Awards
No way are you to do 35 X body weight. How about 14 X body weight. It can range from 12 - 15 on average.

How about 50% carbs 35% protein and 15% fat.
Some like 40/40/20

diplomats

Awards
  • Established
take your bodyweight multiply by 25 and you got yourself a bulk.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
hmmmmmm

how much do you weigh??

im 205 lbs and i need everyone of those 7000 calories to keep that weight up....

Holy ****, 7000 calories to maintain 205 lbs? Are you sure bro? It sounds like you have the metabolism of a rabbit if that's true.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
x35 is for body weight in kg not in pounds. For body weight in pound that shoudlbe something like 17-18xBW.

gixxman

Board Supporter
Awards
i would stop working out if i had to take in 7000cal...i'm bulking now and i'm at 207 and i only take in around 4000-4500cal/day with some 270protein..wtf u eat to take in 7000

Malek256

Awards
hmmmmmm

how much do you weigh??

How much of that is real food vs. MRPs? MRP's are NOT the same as "real food". I have helped guys with 5000+ cals sub out the MRPs and now they gain on 3K. Plus, less fat is being gained.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
35 TIMES bodyweight for overall calories?

I'd need 9100 calories to bulk.

That wouldn't be bulking. That'd be a fat fucking ass

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
hmmmmmm

how much do you weigh??

Bro 7000 calories??? That's insane! Are you sure you are calculating that correctly?

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
He could easily be eating 7000 cals, sounds alot like me, I dont think I have ever ate 7000 cals in a day, been up to around 6300 for awhile, alot of it was fat cals though, i was eating alot of mac and cheese, drinking whole milk, and alot of beef, still really wasnt gaining weight and was on cycle. Quite annoying if you ask me!!

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Peanut butter, whole milk, and olive oil make it real easy to get the cals up, its definitely not clean, but if you want calories thats the easiest way.

mab904

mab904

Awards
I'm 140lbs(female). Between 3000-3500 calories....40/40/20 has been working well for me. With very minimal fat gain. :)

shaorinor

Awards
I'd go with at least 1 gram per pound of bodyweight in protein, 0.5 gram per pound of bodyweight in fat. After that, play with the macros however you like to fill in the rest of the calories for your bulking requirements.