20g dextrose

2 caps GLUCOPHASE XR
5g CEE

Thanks for any and all help :cheers:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Looks good but you could probably ditch the dextrose with all those oats. A better way to go is pre AND post workout shake intake. I do 80 grams of whey, with one cup of oats...40 pre and 40 post workout.

King Nothing

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I thought I read somewhere that it was good to take in twice the amount of sugars to protein so like 60g protein, 120g dextrose? I'm guessing this is totally wrong?

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
I thought I read somewhere that it was good to take in twice the amount of sugars to protein so like 60g protein, 120g dextrose? I'm guessing this is totally wrong?

Your on the right track. You want double the CARBS, not necesserally sugars.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
if you search on here you'll find TONS of studying showing why low gi carbs are superior to high gi carbs both pre and post

what i do both pre and post is
1 thing of dannon light and fit yogurt, 1 cup water, 2 scoops whey, 1 cup oats blended together

King Nothing

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I hope so, thats what I really need. I've had a subscription to Flex for a few years now and I try to follow what's in it about losing weight but I don't ever see the results I want

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
that's because flex is absolute garbage

most muscle mags are .. although i enjoy reading MD and they publish a ton of studies .. you've gotta be careful when things are linked to "weight loss" because that doesn't differentiate between weight loss from burning fat or muscle or both

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
lol.

I am the King of Weight Loss...lemme tell ya.

charger

Banned
Awards
3 scoops of whey isolate (75grams)
1 scoops of dextrose just becuase the store had it on discount section
and 20oz of craneberry juice

1 gram BCAA, 800mgs ALA, 1gm ginger root, potassium, mulitvit

then I drive home and eat some junk ceral or drink some milk with olvatine

Andrew69

Board Supporter
Awards

What does your mid section look like?:blink:

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

Im guessing that this was just a play around???

protomike

protomike

Awards
  • Established
i usually go for a simple one:
1 cup of oats
2 scoops of chocolate mint ON whey
1 packet of honey
12oz of skim milk
follow all that with half a cup of cottage cheese. about an hour or so later i go for some chicken breast...

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
if you search on here you'll find TONS of studying showing why low gi carbs are superior to high gi carbs both pre and post

1 thing of dannon light and fit yogurt, 1 cup water, 2 scoops whey, 1 cup oats blended together
Hell yeah that's exactly what I do - dannon light and fit is the ****, is it not? I like the strawberry!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What i do is ill have cup of cottage cheese, whole wheat bagel with FF spray butter, before my workout, and ill throw in some creatine methyl ester in there. After i usualy have like 50gs oats and like 40 somethin gs whey.

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
Pre - 1 sweet potato + 2 scoops of Primaforce WPI.

during - 1 gatorade + 5 grams Prima. BCAA mixed in.

Post - 5 grams BCAA + 1 gram NAC + 2 scoops ERgo GF Pro + banana + sweet potato.

Should I keep the post sweet potato or switch to another form??? I am thinking it does not matter and the potato should stay.

For breakfast I have 1 cups oats + 3 scoops of WPI +banana + 1 cup soy and rice milk +2 cups water in blender... mmmmmmmmmyummy :)

charger

Banned
Awards
What does your mid section look like?:blink:
about 1 weeks worth of diet to get a good 6-pack.

One of those hand held BF testers puts me at 14% BF

I've done this for at least 1.5 years now. They key for me is that I workout at lunch time. So that those fast carbs are mid day. And the rest of the day is either good carbs or no carbs.

charger

Banned
Awards
Im guessing that this was just a play around???

Pain is Love
Body comp stats
5'10 - 193
10.5% bf
(06-02-05) ended
nope.. done this for some time now. Its what DG (doggcrap) training style recommends.

5'9 217lbs
14-16% BF with hand held device

:burger:

llb4

Awards
asap post 25p/70cho(malt/dex), sip on 25p/30cho(malt/dex) for 30 min. solid food 30-45 min later. 50p/75oat shake 2.5 hrs later. bulking( whatever, just eating to grow), 6'1 230 12%.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
NUMEROUS studies have shown time and again that complex carbs work JUST as well as simple carbs to replenish glycogen PWO .. simple carbs are just more likely to be stored as adipose fat .. FACT - there is no benefit to using simple carbs

charger

Banned
Awards
If/when I workout in the evenings and have the time I do advise the use of complex carbs.

But its much easier for me to mix, carry, and consume-- simple carbs via post workout.

I do agree that too much simple carbs -will cause any extra to go straight to the abs.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

From my understanding of the research and opinions on the matter... Its not that low GI is better than high GI, its that it doesn't matter.

Which then, if it does not matter, why take the risk of adipose storage with high HI.

Last edited:

charger

Banned
Awards
its just simple for me to mix up my shake with some juice and carry it to the gym.

Jwillbc55

Awards
I keep it pretty simple:

- 2 packets instant oatmeal (simple + complex carbs)
- 1 scoop whatever protein I'm using at the time (right now pro-complex)
- then an hour later I'll usually have 2 97% fat free turkey burgers (45 g protein) and 1 bag frozen veggies

After that I eat every 2 hours

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
pre 1 scoop substance w/ 1/2 C oats and 20 g dex
post 1 1/2 scoops substance 1 C oats and a banana

1 hour after usually some stirfry w/ pasta veggies and chicken. I dont know why but I need the post postworkout meal within 90 mins of my last shake or i get painfully nauseated. I used to attribute this to the simple carbs but I dont use nearly as many now as I did in the past.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
its just simple for me to mix up my shake with some juice and carry it to the gym.
No need to defend yourself. Some people can get away with it. I know I could pound donuts and brownies after my workouts and not gain too much fat. I've tried so many different concoctions with simple and complex carbs from all kinds of diffrent sources; believe it or not I haven't noticed a difference in any of them. BTW, how's the DC training going? It's my favorite way to train.

charger

Banned
Awards
I tried DC training but without a partner is was hard to do. I went back to Yates style workouts.

Even though I still throw in some 8 count negatives. And I follow DC post workout shakes. and deep streching.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
You really don't need a partner. I do quite alright with DC by myself. Gotta love the deep stretching though.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
...I dont know why but I need the post postworkout meal within 90 mins of my last shake ...
No need to defend a post pwo meal. I do the same thing and keep it pretty clean and that meal seems to really boost my growth (given all other meals are in order of course).

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Charger::

I really meant the milk and olvatine...i dont think i would be able to stomach that olvatine and milk...im pretty predisposed to taking one(on the toilet) when mixing too many substances at once.
For instance, i cant drink orange juice with anything, it'll tear my stomach up.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Charger::

I really meant the milk and olvatine...i dont think i would be able to stomach that olvatine and milk...im pretty predisposed to taking one(on the toilet) when mixing too many substances at once.
For instance, i cant drink orange juice with anything, it'll tear my stomach up.