When do you stop growing?

reaper19

Awards
At what point do you guys feel the body stops growing. i've been lifting for the last three years and made some good gains, but lately , I've been stuck. I" m a little older than probably most of you guys . Could that have something to do with it ? I"m 36 , 5'7 and around 13% body fat. Any help is appreciated.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
A few questions...

1) When was the last time you took a week or 2 off? that is the best way to break a plateau in my oppinion

2) What is your diet like

3) What do your workouts look like

reaper19

Awards
What' up guy. The diet is pretty much what I do most of the time. Morning 6 eggs , oatmeal, banana and 40 gm. of whey. 2 hours later I have a TV dinner ,cottage cheese , apple and 20gm off whey. Later I have a mass mix and some mixed nuts.Lunch 5 oz. of meat , veg, yougort and 20gm. of whey. Before work out Pre mix after workout Post mix. 2 hour later dinner time and before bed a cassinated mix. In the middle of the night I always get up to use the washroom, so I take another cassinated mix.Workouts I stick to the basic. 4 days a week Mon, Tue, off, Thu, Fri, off , off. Depending on workout I go no longer than 70 min. Thank for the help.

iwinulose2981

Awards
1st off i would sub a whole chicken breast or fish fillet for the tv dinner. get some more natural protein in there instead of depending alot on powder

do your workout exercises ever change? i change up my exercise routine every 4-6 weeks. ill go from dumbell presses to barbell presses or pulldowns to dips. just give the muscles something new or they get bored

reaper19

Awards
I will probaly change to the fish , instead of the tv dinner. The reason for the dinner is that it has the veg in there so it is a lot easier, since at that time, I'm at work. On the routines I made some changes this past week I'll see how that work out. I'll be going on a 5 on 2 off for about a month, just for change. Again Thanks.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you vary rep speed, rep ranges, and every once in a while you can do a crazy shock set (100 reps of something).

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
You also might want to cut for a little while. Even 4 or 6 weeks might be enough of a change to prepare for another anabolic phase. Plus, you'll be leaner :D

Shock133

Awards
You also might want to cut for a little while. Even 4 or 6 weeks might be enough of a change to prepare for another anabolic phase. Plus, you'll be leaner :D
I totally agree with this. I say put as much shock value into your whole routine as possible. Change your diet, workout and different variables within. Prior to this you may want to take a break. All of the above suggestions are great.

I also thought you were relying a little too heavily on powders. There's a lot to be said for whole food.

I know I just regurgitated a lot of stuff that's already been said but I think they all warrant repeating.

Let us know how it all "works out" (Dr. Evil voice with pinky on lips)

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you vary rep speed, rep ranges, and every once in a while you can do a crazy shock set (100 reps of something).

Good advice. You can vary...

rep speed
rep range
volume
intensity
change up your split
increase/decrease time between sets

... and so on...

reaper19

Awards
Thank for all the ideas. There's a few that I'm going to try. I"ll let you guys know how it works out.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Definately helps. Seems like there is a bounce back effect after a dieting down period.