*Most Underrated Bodybuilding Foods*

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Good foods that some people don't know about. Cals/Pro/Carb/Fat
:djparty:

-Tyson Bonesless Skinless Chicken Thighs- 110/20/0/4
Quite a bit cheaper than chicken breasts. If you buy another brand make sure they're as lean as these.

-Tyson Chicken Gizzards & Hearts- 70/16/0/1
Might be too weird for some people but this stuff is cheaper than Tuna!

-Canned Chicken- 80/15/0/2
If you find the cheap stuff($1/can), they're about the same price as chicken breasts, but more convenient.

-Light String Cheese- 60/9/0/2
A little cheaper than cottage cheese. Great snack on the go.

-Dry Skim Milk Powder- 80/8/12/0
Slightly cheaper protein source than whey and you get a bunch of free carbs with it. Also keeps me from hauling quite so many gallons of milk home from the grocery store every week.

-Chocolate Skim Milk- 140/8/27/0
Make sure you get the stuff with real sugar, not splenda. I wouldn't say it's good for you. It's basically for teenagers or anyone else that wants to buy a commercial weight gainer. Mix 16oz of this with a scoop of whey and eat a banana with it (easy 500 cals).

-Rye or Pumpernickel Bread- 80/2/13/1.5
Most have a lower GI than wheat bread.

-Beans(kidney, black, baked, refried, chili)- 120/7/20/1(avg)
Very dense carb source with fiber and a fair amount of protein. Dried beans are the cheapest but they require more work than canned.

-Sweet Green Peas- 110/6/19/1
I use canned Allen's brand. I think peas are overlooked as just another green vegetable, but they're also a dense carb source with fiber and some protein.

-Dried Plums(prunes)- 110/1/26/0
Very dense, nutrient packed carb source. One of the healthiest kinds of fruit and you don't have to worry about them going bad. Another good snack on the go.

Now you guys post some.:cheers:

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Tilapia fillets brother! It's probably not under rated...just you're basic fish thing. It's a nice change from chicken. Add some shrimp to get the protein up more.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah. My favorite is to take some oatmeal...mix in a little splenda, cinnamon, sugar free syrup, spray butter...add some crispix cereal. Makes a cool crunchy oatmeal pancake thing. You just do your protein how ever you want to.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Avocados and seafood in general, but particularly fatty fish.

Quaid

Awards
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches haha and i love tuna and pasta

ryano

Awards
  • Established
5 pounds of bacon on a kaiser with mayo:head:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
dollar menu double cheeseburgers :) ... my views on bulking may be slightly different than others hehe

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Whole roasted chickens when they are discounted at the end of the evening. Deli girl gives them to me for $2.50. I think she wants me to giver her some meat of my own and even though she is cute and I have Test wood the whole happily married thang always gets in the way, ya know.

Spitdeath

Awards
Whole roasted chickens when they are discounted at the end of the evening. Deli girl gives them to me for $2.50. I think she wants me to giver her some meat of my own and even though she is cute and I have Test wood the whole happily married thang always gets in the way, ya know.
Is that her there in the tree grabbing fresh chicken ripe from the tree for you.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established