How to Naturally Increase Testosterone?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14%

How to Naturally Increase Testosterone?

Im aware that monosaturated fats such as peanut butter and fish oil before sleep are good ways of increasing the body natural level of testosterone production.

However I was curious if anyone knows of any other supplements or foods other than steroids that also have the same outcome?

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.2%

Red meat helps out due to the high zinc and sat fat content.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

That's why I'm a firm ( ) believer in overdosing healthy fats.. Since bumping my fish/flax intake to 10g each (20g ED of supplemental fats) my bloodwork shows my total test to be in the high range for my age.. Last week, my total test was 650, and I'm not using anything to boost test either..
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.07%

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    That's why I'm a firm ( ) believer in overdosing healthy fats.. Since bumping my fish/flax intake to 10g each (20g ED of supplemental fats) my bloodwork shows my total test to be in the high range for my age.. Last week, my total test was 650, and I'm not using anything to boost test either..
    Just curious, did you know your test levels before your increase in EFAs?
  5. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Heavy compound lifts are supposed to keep test levels elevated, IIRC. I swear that Cissus Quadrangularis is doing something anabolic in the body, but I dont have the blood tests to back it up yet.

BV
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.71%

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    Will extra virgin olive oil work as well? I have that and take it with supplements that require you to take them with a high fat meal. And, do you mean you just take a total of 20g of supplemental fat everyday?
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.65%

---
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.8%

Polyunsaturated (like those in fish/flax) fats are NOT your best choice when looking to increase testosterone levels.

Typically, they will have a negative, test-lowering effect if anything.

The following study specifically found epa/dha to have an inverse relationship with test levels.

Nutr Cancer. 2000;38(2):163-7. Related Articles, Links

Relationships between types of fat consumed and serum estrogen and androgen concentrations in Japanese men.

Nagata C, Takatsuka N, Kawakami N, Shimizu H.

Department of Public Health, Gifu University School of Medicine, Japan.

The relationships between types of fat consumed and serum concentrations of estrone, estradiol, total and free testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, and sex hormone-binding globulin were examined in 69 Japanese men aged 43-88 years. Diet was assessed by a semiquantitative food frequency questionnaire. Intake of saturated, monounsaturated, and polyunsaturated fats was inversely correlated with serum total testosterone after controlling for age, total energy, body mass index, alcohol intake, and smoking status, but the correlation was statistically significant only for polyunsaturated fat (r = -0.29, p = 0.02). Intakes of eicosapentanoic and docosahexaenoic acids, n-3 fatty acids from fish, were significantly inversely correlated with total testosterone (r = -0.25, p = 0.04 and r = -0.32, p = 0.01, respectively). Serum estrone, estradiol, and free testosterone were not significantly correlated with any type of fat studied. The correlations of total testosterone with n-3 fatty acids from fish remained significant after additional adjustment for the other categories of fat (r = -0.27, p = 0. 03 for eicosapentanoic acid and r = -0.32, p = 0.01 for docosahexaenoic acid), while the correlations with saturated and monounsaturated fats became nearly null after the adjustment.

J Steroid Biochem. 1984 Jan;20(1):459-64. Related Articles, Links

Diet and serum sex hormones in healthy men.

Hamalainen E, Adlercreutz H, Puska P, Pietinen P.

The possible effect of dietary fat content and the ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fatty acids (P/S-ratio) on serum sex hormones was studied in 30 healthy male volunteers. The customary diet of the subjects, which supplied 40% of energy as fat (mainly from animal sources, P/S-ratio 0.15) was replaced for a 6 weeks period by a practically isocaloric experimental diet containing significantly less fat (25% of energy) with a higher P/S-ratio (1.22) and other environmental factors were stabilized. Serum testosterone and 4-androstenedione decreased from 22.7 +/- 1.1 nmol/l to 19.3 +/- 1.2 nmol/l, (SEM, P less than 0.001) and from 4.6 +/- 0.2 nmol/l to 4.3 +/- 0.2 nmol/l (SEM, P less than 0.01), respectively. These changes were paralleled by a reduction in serum free (non-protein bound) testosterone (P less than 0.01) suggesting a possible change in biological activity. During the low fat period a significant negative correlation between serum prolactin and androgens was observed. All the changes in androgen levels were reversible. With the exception of a small but non-significant decrease in serum estradiol-17 beta, the other hormone parameters were practically unaffected by the dietary manipulation. Our results indicate that in men a decrease in dietary fat content and an increase in the degree of unsaturation of fatty acids reduces the serum concentrations of androstenedione, testosterone and free testosterone. The mechanism and importance of this phenomenon is discussed in the light of epidemiological and experimental data.
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.65%

---
  10. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.91%

I thought i was saturated fats that elevated test levels?

Nice post Trayhawk
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Just lifting for a long time , studies show men whove been lifting longer have considable higher amounts of test than beginner lifters.

nutrition of course

sleeping is the number uno- if your a hard training athelite and dont get sufficent sleep then your test can plummet by 40 % , your ifg-1, and hgh levels are also effected, how many hours? well that is a personal thing, my natural bodybuilder friend Josh dickonson says he feels good off of 5 sometimes, but for me i like to get a deep 8. btw using medation tapes on the cd player and put it on repeat assist in sleepign and so do wearing socks to bed.

an anti- arotmase(nolvedex xt, 6-oxo, rebound, etc)

Sex - simply put men who have a partner to enjoy sex with have higher levels of testostrone, ever notice after u get some your even more horny afterwards.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

just doing the basics basically.

Possiblity Tribulus Testrisss(sp) avta salvia and some other herbs but these are not really proven. This information in this thread is Pure Gold.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.61%

I read somewhere that exposure to the sun increases natural test production, I usually run with my shirt off along the beach and then swim in the saltwater on off days..it definently makes you feel more relaxed..
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

yes i heard sun also, in fact sun or bright light when u wake up increases testostrone levels. If im not mistaken there is research on this in Mens health or one of those magazines
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.27%

Try some tribulus or yohimbine. They both work really well. Yohimbine will help you cut fat as well.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39%

ZMA and heavy squats. Either works for me but preferably both.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.25%

Eggs.
  18. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.08%

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea
    Just lifting for a long time , studies show men whove been lifting longer have considable higher amounts of test than beginner lifters.

nutrition of course

sleeping is the number uno- if your a hard training athelite and dont get sufficent sleep then your test can plummet by 40 % , your ifg-1, and hgh levels are also effected, how many hours? well that is a personal thing, my natural bodybuilder friend Josh dickonson says he feels good off of 5 sometimes, but for me i like to get a deep 8. btw using medation tapes on the cd player and put it on repeat assist in sleepign and so do wearing socks to bed.

an anti- arotmase(nolvedex xt, 6-oxo, rebound, etc)

Sex - simply put men who have a partner to enjoy sex with have higher levels of testostrone, ever notice after u get some your even more horny afterwards.
    Actually it is sexual release every 7 days that brings out maximum testosterone levels.
  19. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.08%

Quote Originally Posted by paperbolix
    I read somewhere that exposure to the sun increases natural test production, I usually run with my shirt off along the beach and then swim in the saltwater on off days..it definently makes you feel more relaxed..
    15 minutes twice a week on the lower back will increase testosterone 20 to 25%. The university that did the study tried different parts of the body and it was lower back that did it.
  20. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.65%

15 minutes twice a week on the lower back will increase testosterone 20 to 25%. The university that did the study tried different parts of the body and it was lower back that did it.
    That's interesting - got a link to that study werewolf?
  21. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.08%

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    That's interesting - got a link to that study werewolf?
    Sorry, It was something I read 20 years ago while waiting in a doctors office.
  22. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.08%

Sunlight falling on the skin can raise the level of sex hormones in the blood. This effect has been known for over fifty years, and has been the basis of, for example, measures to improve the laying rate of hens.[2] But the same thing does happen in humans. When researchers gave doses of ultraviolet to subjects in Boston, USA, they found that a course of five doses, of increasing duration, each of them sufficient to produce slight reddening of the skin, could double the male hormone output.[3]

This ties in with the studies which have shown that levels of testosterone, the major male hormone, rise by about twenty per cent through the summer, reaching a peak in September.[4] In females, the effect was somewhat less but still measurable. The part of the body exposed to ultraviolet also made a difference. Some increase could be achieved whichever area of skin received the irradiation, but while exposing the back produced a doubling in hormones, exposing the skin of the genitals could cause the hormone level to triple.

3) Myerson, A., and Neustadt, R., 'Influence of Ultraviolet Irradiation upon Excretion of Sex Hormones In The Male', Endocrinology: 25; 7, 1939.

4) Aschoff, J., 'Annual Rhythms in Man', in Aschoff, J. (ed.), Handbook of Behavioural Neurobiology, Plenum Press, New York, 1981.
  23. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.95%

Wow, I'd never heard about that before. Very interesting.
  24. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.3%

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    Heavy compound lifts are supposed to keep test levels elevated, IIRC. I swear that Cissus Quadrangularis is doing something anabolic in the body, but I dont have the blood tests to back it up yet.

BV
    I'm going to have to second this.

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf
    Sunlight falling on the skin can raise the level of sex hormones in the blood. This effect has been known for over fifty years, and has been the basis of, for example, measures to improve the laying rate of hens.[2] But the same thing does happen in humans. When researchers gave doses of ultraviolet to subjects in Boston, USA, they found that a course of five doses, of increasing duration, each of them sufficient to produce slight reddening of the skin, could double the male hormone output.[3]

This ties in with the studies which have shown that levels of testosterone, the major male hormone, rise by about twenty per cent through the summer, reaching a peak in September.[4] In females, the effect was somewhat less but still measurable. The part of the body exposed to ultraviolet also made a difference. Some increase could be achieved whichever area of skin received the irradiation, but while exposing the back produced a doubling in hormones, exposing the skin of the genitals could cause the hormone level to triple.

3) Myerson, A., and Neustadt, R., 'Influence of Ultraviolet Irradiation upon Excretion of Sex Hormones In The Male', Endocrinology: 25; 7, 1939.

4) Aschoff, J., 'Annual Rhythms in Man', in Aschoff, J. (ed.), Handbook of Behavioural Neurobiology, Plenum Press, New York, 1981.
    I saw on the discovery channel that suicide attempts are always higher in the winter. Maybe this is why.
  25. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    I'm going to have to second this.
    I saw on the discovery channel that suicide attempts are always higher in the winter. Maybe this is why.
    The shorter days in winter depress mood for a whole host of reasons... lower test is probably only a minor factor in the equation. For instance, vitamin D probably plays a more significant role. Skin exposure to sunlight allows the body to produce vitamin D. Vit D plays an important role in serotonin synthesis, which in turn modulates mood. In northern climates, people often become vit D deficient during the short days of winter, and its theorized that this may play a major role in SAD ("Seasonal Affective Disorder", aka winter depression). Research shows that supplementing with high doses vitamin D can help prevent or reverse SAD.
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf
    Actually it is sexual release every 7 days that brings out maximum testosterone levels.
    I read this article on Bodybuilding.com a few years back. I tryed it onetime. Ive been "not releeasing" lately and i have noticed hyperfocused. I seem to get more done and do it efficeintly.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.01%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Hey Big Pete Fox-- this is the thundergod . You answered some questions for me on another thread about nettle root powder, so I've decided to ask you about this subject as well. You say flax may increase your test. I've also heard that high levels of flax oil may mimic the effects of tamoxifen(nolva). Has anyone else heard this? I'd like to hear more on this. If this is so , it also lowers estrogen.
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

The studies on not ejaculating , increasing testostrone levels,are in this thread, first page.

Does not ejaculating increase NATURAL TESTOSTONE LEVELS?
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.46%

20 rep squats!
  30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.25%

Tribulus 625 caps are nice
    its all natural herb and should boost your libido a lil too:good::good:
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.88%

If your interested in a lifestyle change that will naturally manipulate hormones to their peak levels check out the Anabolic Diet or the NHE (Natural Hormone Enhancement) Diet.. they are both very good. I've been reading the literature on the Anabolic Diet for months and decided to start it about a month ago. I will get blood work in about 3 months after I'm fully adapted to the diet to see where all my levels are at.
  32. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.49%

so now i know why all the guys in seattle are such pansies NO SUN
  33. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.49%

I guess I'll ask for a sunlamp for christmas... and then start exposing my junk to it twice a week. This would be a good log.
  34. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.65%

Quote Originally Posted by Botch View Post
    If your interested in a lifestyle change that will naturally manipulate hormones to their peak levels check out the Anabolic Diet or the NHE (Natural Hormone Enhancement) Diet.. they are both very good. I've been reading the literature on the Anabolic Diet for months and decided to start it about a month ago. I will get blood work in about 3 months after I'm fully adapted to the diet to see where all my levels are at.
    Good post - The Anabolic Diet looks a lot like bulking on a CKD
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.63%

I agree with KW1K. The cheapest anabolic is hardgainer squats and deadlifts. 20 reps, using a weight you could only normally do for about 10, using the rest/pause technique of course. Should be the last set of your work out, because if you can do 1 set afterwards then you didn't go heavy enough.
    (Please note that this is from an article i read, and a little personal expierence. Im no expert)
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.48%
    Achievements Posting Pro

this is not a study or statistics but just a comment made by Dr. Andrew Weil on DHA and AA.
    It refers to babies, still, it was interesting.

DHA and another fatty acid, AA (arachidonic acid) are found naturally in breast milk, but if mothers can't nurse, their babies are deprived of these nutrients because infants, especially those born prematurely, can't manufacture enough in their own bodies for optimal brain development. A number of studies have shown that formulas supplemented with DHA and AA enhance visual acuity in babies; intellectual development appears to be better, too.
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

another reason for a Mother to supplement with fish oil and AA.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.48%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GuyverX View Post
    this is not a study or statistics but just a comment made by Dr. Andrew Weil on DHA and AA.
    It refers to babies, still, it was interesting.

DHA and another fatty acid, AA (arachidonic acid) are found naturally in breast milk, but if mothers can't nurse, their babies are deprived of these nutrients because infants, especially those born prematurely, can't manufacture enough in their own bodies for optimal brain development. A number of studies have shown that formulas supplemented with DHA and AA enhance visual acuity in babies; intellectual development appears to be better, too.
    more........
    Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and arachidonic acid (AA) supplementation in cirrhotic patients awaiting liver transplantation
    Methods: In a double-blinded, placebo-controlled fashion, 9 cirrhotic patients listed for liver transplantation at Lahey Clinic received either K) gelcaps containing 500 mg of AA and 1000 mg of DHA (AA/DHA), or K) control gelcaps (containing 250 mg of linolcic acid and 125mg of oleic acid), plus 200 mg of Vitamin Ii, daily for 6 weeks. They were all maintained on an ad-lib diet. Their baseline and six-week plasma phospholipid (PL) fatty acid profiles were determined. The changes of plasma PL (mol%) after six-weeks of supplementation were compared using paired Student's t-test within each group. Results: Five patients received the (AAfDYiA) and 4 received the control gelcaps. all patients took more than 90% of the required supplements and reported no adverse effects (i.e. nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, bad taste or bad breath). At the end of 6 weeks, AA/DHA supplementation significantly increased the plasma PL DHA (3.77 1.82 vs. 1.98 1.11 mol/%, p

S. Pazirandeh, MD ; P. Ling, MD-; M. Ollero, PhD2; K. C. McCowen, MD2; F. D. Gordon, MD1; D. L. Bums, MD1; B. R. Bistrian, MD, PhD2; 1Lahcy Clinic, Burlington, MA; 2BeIh Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, ma.

Copyright American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Jan/Feb 2004
    Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning Company. All rights Reserved

====================

I am sold.
    Getting this combo definitely.
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.51%

Quote Originally Posted by spatch View Post
    Actually, it's called SAD (seasonal affective disorder, rather ironic) and the lack of sunshine causes a chemical imbalance in the brain. SAD is found most commonly in places like Sweden, where there is very little sunlight. There are special lights you can buy (UV, I believe) to maintain healthy chemical ratios in the brain. So, suicide rates are not tied into testosterone levels in this instance.
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

That's what Vit D is for. 1000 -2000 mgs every day. OI got my Vit D levels tested. you can this this as well. Sunshine doesn't always produce vit d in the body. there was a study of a bunch of people in hawaii who got twelve hours of sun per day. Only half of the people got the vit d in their system though the sun. Every body works differently. I make sure at least 1 g per day of the D.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How to increase your total FREE testosterone
    By ratdog in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-18-2014, 09:44 AM
  2. anyone know how to naturally raise test before a long challenge.
    By willkauter in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 10:22 PM
  3. How to lower your testosterone
    By Jaysannn22 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 08:09 PM
  4. Natural ways to increase testosterone through diet
    By rochabp in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 08:34 PM
  5. Replies: 0