Whole Wheat Quesadillas

UberPooper1

Awards
  • Established
do any of you eat these? i bought the "mission" brand whole wheat quesadillas. are the carbohydrates in the shells good or bad? i figured since it was whole wheat it would be ok, but then again its just flour i guess.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
you mean tortillas? Quesadillas have cheese in them, reason they are called "quesa".

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
the worst part of a tortilla is usually the fat content

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the worst part of a tortilla is usually the fat content
I can't remember the brand at the moment, but I picked up some low-fat, higher-protein wholw wheat tortillas at the store a few weeks back and they were delicious. Great with tuna, nf cheese, and tomato. They were definitelynot Missiom brand, some smaller company. I'm, thinking maybe Tortilla Factory. They were not with the bread, but with the cold case stuff.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
I don't know why but this thread reminds me of when napoleon dynamites grandma told him to make yourself some damn case-ay-dilas,lol.

UberPooper1

Awards
  • Established
the question still hasnt been answered...are they a good source of carbohydrates? 2 tortillas = 50g carbs

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
There's probably better.
Whole grain bagel. Maybe some sourdough bread. Just something with as little fat in it as possible.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It depends on what's used. Just because it says whole wheat doesn't mean it's all whole wheat.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dunno what fat content you guys are talking about. The WW tortillas (soft)that I use have 1g of fat and 21g of carbs.

Tortilla chips, on the other hand, are fried in oil. Hence they are crispy and have a higher fat content.

jdubz

Awards
I used to eat the Mission Tortillas until I realized that they contain Trans fats. (Look at the ingredients..Hydrogenated Oils). There are some organic whole wheat tortillas (without the hydrogenated oil) at my local health food store that I pick up occasionally for a change.