What I Ate Today...

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Here is what I had for all my meals today, im bulking now, trying to keep fat gain to a minimum, but a little wont hurt anything. This is about a typical day, I got up earlier than normal, but that really didnt make too much of a difference in how much I got in. Eat the same thing everyday, this is about it, sometimes its a little different foods but with same nutritional content, but not very often, which makes it quite boring. Let me know what you think.

7:00 AM
2 scoops Pro Complex
1 whole wheat bagel
Totals: 515 cals, 65g protein, 60g carbs

8:30 AM
6 whole eggs
1/2 cup shredded cheese
3 oz ham
2 cups Raisan Bran
1 cup 1% milk
Totals: 1360 cals, 85g protein, 150g carbs

11:00 AM
8 oz ground beef
2 servings whole wheat pasta
Totals: 860 cals, 55g protein, 82g carbs

1:45 PM
24 oz 1% milk
1 banana
1 cup oats
1 scoop Pro Complex
Totals: 770 cals, 65g protein, 110g carbs

4:45 PM
2 cans tuna
1 bagel
Totals: 550 cals, 75g protein, 50g carbs

8:00 PM
2 chicken breasts
1 cup brown rice
Totals: 740 cals, 78g protein, 85g carbs

11:00 PM
32oz fat free milk
Totals: 320 cals, 32g protein, 48g carbs

1:00 AM
2 scoops Muscle Milk
16oz fat free milk
Totals: 500 cals, 48g protein, 36g carbs

Daily Total: 5615 cals, 503g protein, 621g carbs
36% Protein/ 44% carbs/ 20% fat

So that was today, most days are right around 5k +-200 cals, but I just thought I would post that up and see what you guys thought of it. Weighed this morning at 205.5lbs, did some figuring for my maintainance calorie requirements and it was around 3800kcal, so this should be putting on the weight, my weight has been going up each week. I need some veggies in there, have to work on that. What do you guys think?

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
For the past couple of weeks I have been kind of altering my diet like the yo-yo diet where I will eat a little sloppier to put on some weight, and then when I notice my midsection getting a little thicker than I like, I back it down a notch to clean it up. When trying to put on the weight, usually I will add olive oil in at a couple meals/shakes, have some no-bake cookies:D, or hit up burger king a couple times during the week. Just thought I would throw that in there. Seems to work alright, a couple weeks ago I put on 3lbs in a week, then started cleaning it up, dropped 2lbs, kept it clean still, then gained the 2lbs back. Now I am kind of in the less restrictive mode of putting on the weight for a few more days.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Nice!! Can't wait to join you. What time of day do you workout?

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
well first of all, how are you able to sleep so little!!?
My main problem why I can't eat is because I sleep 10 hours a night lol.

I can learn a few things from this, good luck nate.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
SJA- I lift around 7pm, I didnt lift yesterday, had lots of studying to do, have a nutrition test and presentation today, also I am taking it easy this week in the gym, getting overtrained so I thought I would back it off a bit.

On lifting days, right before I leave to lift I will have a protein shake and bagel, or blend up 1 cup of oats with my protein shake. Possibly a peanut butter sandwich in there too. I have to eat before I lift, even if my last meal was 1 hr before my workout, I still get drained during the workout.

cable26- Ya, as I said at the beginning I usually dont get up that early lol, so that is why I was able to get in a bit more food than usual. Stayed up too late last night and dragging ass today. I usually sleep 6-7hrs/night, and sometimes a 30 min nap during the day. I have a problem making myself go to bed, I will be tired but stay up anyways, its these damn message boards lol. Thats what I hate about the weekends, I sleep in so late, it seems really hard to get in all the calories you need.

Something that is really weird is I actually lost a couple pounds from yesterday...wtf? lol. That was one of my best diet days and I lose weight....ahh the mysteries I run into trying to gain weight.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
nate, how is the muscle milk working for you b4 bed? considering using it as a last meal b4 bed but also was thinking of cottage cheese

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Its going good I think, plus the extra casein from the milk should help too. I dont know how to really judge if its working well or not, but it is definately a nice treat before bed, got the root beer flavor:) Is that what you are looking for? Sorry if I wasnt more specific.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thats a damn mealplan. Nice job Nate.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
yea bro thats what i was wondering, do you wake up hungry? tonight will be my first night with the cottage cheese and pineapple.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
I really dont wake up too hungry, on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being absolutely starving, it is probably around a 2. Some mornings are worse than others, but I havent woke up with that killer hunger where you wake up in pain and about rip the fridge door off just trying to scarf some food down to ease the pain.

Blane, whats up with the pineapple before bed? I havent heard that before, sounds interesting.

Matt_Stuart

Awards
Nice I like it, I need to sit down and work out a meal plan or just know what to eat in a day, right now when I am hungry I eat untill im not hungry anymore haha

G Diesel

G Diesel

Awards
Good eating bro... That is the key to getting big. I drink the MM before bed too. Peace out.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
damn dude thats alot of food. i dont think i could even get close to esting that much. im the exact same way though i usualy only sleep like 6-7 hours a night DAMN YOU AM!