Shopping List/Routine

TheCSWFighter

Awards
Now this is just some foundation work I've done. I've compiled a list of products consisting of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. This is just a general shopping list of things I would eat that I can choose from according to my goals.

Carbohydrates

Whole Wheat Pasta
Brown Rice
Oatmeal
Kidney Beans
Yams
Lentil Soup
Chickpeas
Pinto Beans
Garbanzo Beans
Black Eyed Peas

Fats
Olive Oil
Canola Oil
Safflower Oil
Sunflower Oil
Corn Oil
Soybean Oil

Proteins
Egg Whites
Beef
Soybean
Turkey
Chicken
Fish (Tuna, Salmon, Cod, Talapia, etc.)

Liquids
Water
Skim Milk

Extras
Whey Protein
Multi-Vitamin
Slow Burning Protien Mix (Ex: Casein)

The Reason I did not include creatine is because I would like to make substantial gains before adding creatine because it would make substantial improvements if I ever hit a plateau.

My workout scheme is simple and all about the basics. I used to do Olympic Wieghtlifting when I was younger hence the routine I made for lower body.

Lower Body
Cleans (For Warm-up)
Deadlift
Shrugs
Squats (Front/Back)
Leg Extensions/Curls (Finisher)

The reason I had it in this order was because I broke down all the stages of a clean.

Upper Body
Bench Press
Shoulder Press
Dips
Pulldowns (Front/Back)
Standing Barbell Curls
Pullovers (Finisher)

The reason for the order of the upper body routine is because Tri's and shoulders are used in the bench and tri's are used for the shoulder press. I'd rather not do dips first and tire out my tri's as a result making it harder to put up a beneficial wieght to work my chest or shoulders. Same for the Back and Biceps. As for the pullovers, it gives me a good stretch in my chest and back working both as well. Also, I just like them and I've always benefited from them.

Workout Split for the week

Lower Body - Monday
Rest
Upper Body - Wednesday
Rest
Repeat (As in Lower Body Friday, Upper body Sunday and on with a days rest in between)

The reason for this is because the resting/recuperating time in between working the same body parts is about 76 hours which I fell is a good enough resting time. If I have problems with this however I will add a 2 day rest period in between lower and upper.

This routine was devised because I am coming off of a few months without lifting which in my book I have no excuse for even if it was due to new jobs, college, etc. I want to go back to the basics and truely build a solid base. I don't feel the need to concentrate on each individual body part in this case. As for abdominals, they will be worked when doing legs due to squats, deadlifts, etc. If I don't feel this is enough I will add them as well as probably add calf exercises. Let me know what you think.

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
looks pretty good

fyi, yams and sweet potatos are the same thng

TheCSWFighter

Awards
Thanks, that'll save me the confusion at the store.

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
another good carb that i eat all the time is whole wheat pasta. if memory serves me correctly, it is lower GI than brown rice

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Good planning, everything looks good...full body workouts still look okay because that's still not too many exc. One question though, how many sets/reps are you doing for the mentioned exc?

TheCSWFighter

Awards
Warm-up cleans will be about 3 sets of 10 reps
I will also have 2 warmup sets for Bench and pulldowns of 12 reps.
The rep range for all the other exercises will be 4-8 for 3 sets(subject to change to 4 sets).
The finishing exercises will be 2 sets for 15.