Bye Bye Summer, Hello new diet!!

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm tired of adding all of my different foods up in Fitday.com, so now I'm going to follow a set diet everyday. This diet will be a bulker that I want to use throughout the fall/winter.

A little help would be apprecciated if you guys don't mind. Rip it apart, but be nice please.

Current Stats:
Height: 5'7"
Weight 160lbs
bf%: guessing about 11-12%, but will get it measured this week.

Personal Info:
I don't drink, or do any other drugs.
I sleep about 8-9 hours per night.

I have a BMR of 1772, and I am very active. I am shooting for over 3000 calories per day. I am going to be using a 40/40/20 split, because my carbs need to be high to give me energy during work and all other things I do.

Meal 1:
1 cup oatmeal
4 egg whites
3 whole eggs
Total Cals= 556

Meal 2:
1 can Tuna Fish
2 Pieces Whole Wheat Bread
10 Fish Oil Caps
.5 Liter Skim Milk
Total Cals= 602

Pre-Workout:
1 Piece Whole Wheat Bread
Total Cals= 79

Post Workout Shake
2 scoops Whey
1 cup oats
Total Cals= 486

Meal 3, Post Workout Meal (During Work):
2 Pieces Whole Wheat Bread
1 can Tuna Fish
Total Cals= 321

Meal 4 (During Work):
Quart of Skim Milk
Total Cals= 342

Night Meal:
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup Cottage Cheese
Total Cals=430

Bedtime Shake:
1 scoop casein
1 scoop whey
1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1/2 cup oats
2 cups skim milk
Banana, medium
3 Frozen strawberries (for coldness)
Total Cals= 912

Totals:
Workout Days: 356p/432c/70.5f = 3728 cals

Non-Workout Days (no pre-wo or PWO meals): 298p/352c/64f = 3240 cals

For a more detailed breakdown, click here for the XLS file: edited

Last edited:

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Okay, now a little bit more info:
1. I love oatmeal, I can eat it all day, so I do
2. Meals 3 and 4 are during work, and I work in a store unloading trucks so I can't really sit down and eat.
3. The store is a grocery store, so there is nothing wrong if I go grab a container of milk=free meal.
4. I like chicken, and will substitute it for tuna a few days a week.
5. My Pre-workout meal is light because meal 2 is usually close to my workout time anyway.
6. That bedtime weight gainer shake that I drink is awesome, but is it too much carbs for bedtime? should I double up the casein and eliminate the whey?

johngalt

Awards
Looks good, but you forgot your veggies. Seriously, throw in a couple servings of whatever vegetables suit your fancy. Steam them, saute them, eat them fresh, but just eat them.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
nice plan bro i like the fact that you are relying more on whole foods than shakes. If you eat like that then you will be sure to pack on the mass. i agree with john and would throw in some veggies

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you guys are right about the veggies. I will throw in some fresh spinach with my nighttime meal, because that's the time when I am not too busy and can sit back and eat (and enjoy!) my veggies.

And Blane, I have always relied more on whole foods, and I eat similar to this now, but about 500 calories less.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
guys just an update--keeping my diet basically like I outlined above, I've gained about 15lbs. Eating whole foods is my thing, and I've been scarfing down easily 300g protein per day.

right now I'm going to lose a little bit of fat and then bulk back up again. Next bulk up will be from about 170ish-185 hopefully.

King Nothing

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good job! You might wanna switch the fish oil to flaxseed oil though as that much fish oil could be unhealthy. You could add 2-3g of fish oil to the 10g of flaxseed oil without a problem
-Chris