Thoughts on milk

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
What are your thoughts on milk during a bulk does it have its place for easy cals or is it too much saturated fat and sugar?

GoofyKai

GoofyKai

Awards
What are your thoughts on milk during a bulk does it have its place for easy cals or is it too much saturated fat and sugar?
Gallon of milk a day is cheap and effective. Used by college kids all the time. Watch Stan Efferdings video on that topic. It's on YouTube. Unless you're already at risk for an ailment that gets worse with increased fat intake, I wouldn't worry. Train hard and drink whole milk like a boss.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Gallon of milk a day is cheap and effective. Used by college kids all the time. Watch Stan Efferdings video on that topic. It's on YouTube. Unless you're already at risk for an ailment that gets worse with increased fat intake, I wouldn't worry. Train hard and drink whole milk like a boss.
A lot of mixed thoughts I used to drink about 1l+ a day or a third gallon of milk. I cut it out and replaced it with added chicken and rice. I’m getting leaner and feels like blood sugar isn’t all over the place because I don’t get random crashes. From pounding down a huge sitting of milk. Although the plus side to the milk is it’s very easy cals and cheap.

GoofyKai

GoofyKai

Awards
If your budget affords you to keep replacing the milk with chicken and rice, then of course keep doing that. When drinking milk in excess quantities it's best to space it out as much as possible. Using lactase pills may help as well. With the bloat and crashing. I would only recommend the diet if that is what your budget affords. I should have made that clear at first. Sorry about that. Milk certainly isn't a bad way to bulk though.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fairlife milk is awesome but pricey. Half the sugar and double the protein of regular milk plus it has lactase enzymes.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only problematic thing is milksugar. If you can keep sugar intake low and use this sugar as energy you can probably drink quite a lot of milk. I like to use milk but I mix it with almond milk or something equal without any sugar if I want to replace water in higher amounts.

AloB

AloB

Awards
For myself it triggers a reaction with my skin ends up with spots...it depends on the person to be honest

AloB

AloB

Awards
Basically 250ml with porridge in the mornings is ok but when taken with Shake Plus whey Acne results very anoying

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What % do you guys drink?
I don't think the % is the most important thing but how much you drink. One glass of 3% or two glasses of 1.5% etc. If you like milk and want to drink a lot and keep sugar low you go with the lowest fat and sugar.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
I don't think the % is the most important thing but how much you drink. One glass of 3% or two glasses of 1.5% etc. If you like milk and want to drink a lot and keep sugar low you go with the lowest fat and sugar.
True so I guess we can conclude that milk is an acceptable bulker but isn’t an optimal bulker.

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
its hard for me to drink any milk for the fact that were the only animals that drinks different species milk.....especially all the bs they do to the cows...nooooo thank you.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
its hard for me to drink any milk for the fact that were the only animals that drinks different species milk.....especially all the bs they do to the cows...nooooo thank you.
That's not true. we don't carry around milk in our bodies (most of us), there are so many reasons. evolution, politics, religion etc etc. Other animals do drink others milk but it's rare because they are naturally going for their mom. We are not natural people especially on anabolicminds. We go to a grocerystore and pretty much everything is made through genetic modification. There's absolutely 0 that we do that's natural to a human.

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you ever heard of the “gomad “ diet op? (Gallon of Milk a day)

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Have you ever heard of the “gomad “ diet op? (Gallon of Milk a day)
Yeah I’ve heard of that man. Honestly milk is a cleaner bulker than most weight gainers out there tbh lactose is better digested then corn. You don’t sh1t milk but you do corn.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I’ve heard of that man. Honestly milk is a cleaner bulker than most weight gainers out there tbh lactose is better digested then corn. You don’t sh1t milk but you do corn.
You may crap whole corn, but corn meal and/or corn derived products? I agree that you shouldn’t rely on corn-derived products for the bulk of your calories, but too much milk can still be pretty rough on a lot of people. A way to get extra calories, sure, but as a major portion of daily calories, it’s really not always the most agreeable option for stomachs.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
You may crap whole corn, but corn meal and/or corn derived products? I agree that you shouldn’t rely on corn-derived products for the bulk of your calories, but too much milk can still be pretty rough on a lot of people. A way to get extra calories, sure, but as a major portion of daily calories, it’s really not always the most agreeable option for stomachs.
Very true I agree I didn’t mean as in major portion of cals. I know gomad is like a gallon which is kind of ridiculous but if you drink 1liter which is around 32oz or 1000ml. That’s still a solid 350-500cals depending on what % you get. I don’t think that’s overdoing it? But a gallon is ridiculous I agree. As far as corn never really felt like my muscle would blow up like they do on a tonne of rice or wheat.

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could always try lactose free skimmed...that might work

TooMuchSauce

Awards
Milk is good but if you are taking any supplements such as pro hormones for example, Dont take it within 2 hours as the calcium from the milk can hinder the affects of any products such as pro hormones, natural anabolics etc you may be taking

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Calories in calories out. If you bloat bad don’t use it.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Milk is good but if you are taking any supplements such as pro hormones for example, Dont take it within 2 hours as the calcium from the milk can hinder the affects of any products such as pro hormones, natural anabolics etc you may be taking
I actually doubt this

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I drink it every day, multiple times.
Not gonna worry about studies, etc.
Its good, I like it, I drink it, simple...

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes and I can’t find data on it at all
You would be correct if we are talking about methylated PH or intramuscular. Calcium won't hinder them as they readily bioavailable.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You would be correct if we are talking about methylated PH or intramuscular. Calcium won't hinder them as they readily bioavailable.
But what about other supplements and nutrients? Anything stating that the calcium hinders their intake in general?

franks009

Awards
  • Established
Fairlife milk is awesome but pricey. Half the sugar and double the protein of regular milk plus it has lactase enzymes.
+1 on fairlife. Their chocolate milk taste like a milkshake and is straight . 1 cup has the same amount of sugar as traditional milk in other brands.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
+1 on fairlife. Their chocolate milk taste like a milkshake and is straight . 1 cup has the same amount of sugar as traditional milk in other brands.
+2.