Carbohydrate Malabsorption options?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Whenever I increase my carbs on a bulk, I get vague upper GI irritation and pretty much fart all day long and they smell like death. I'm pretty sure my body is sensitive to carbs and cannot digest them properly. Typically carbohydrate malabsorption means your body has a hard time digesting starchy carbohydrates which create an excess of sulphites and gas and also creates insulin sensitivity.

Anyone have this same issue, what did you do to resolve it and how do you meet your macros for a bulk of cutting out most carb sources?

Thanks

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
How much fiber are you currently consuming every day? This happens to me at times when my fiber is too high. Also, how much protein are you eating? A high protein diet can also be a contributor to the death farts.

Are you currently using a GDA or nutrient partitioner? I always find my digestion of carbs to be significantly better when using a GDA. I would check out Slinmax if you're interested in trying one out. Slinmax contains a great profile of ingredients including Na-R-ALA and Berberine, which can both help to improve insulin sensitivity. I find that it also helps my digestion to go smoother and I feel like my body is able to use the carbs better when using a GDA

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
How much fiber are you currently consuming every day? This happens to me at times when my fiber is too high. Also, how much protein are you eating? A high protein diet can also be a contributor to the death farts.

Are you currently using a GDA or nutrient partitioner? I always find my digestion of carbs to be significantly better when using a GDA. I would check out Slinmax if you're interested in trying one out. Slinmax contains a great profile of ingredients including Na-R-ALA and Berberine, which can both help to improve insulin sensitivity. I find that it also helps my digestion to go smoother and I feel like my body is able to use the carbs better when using a GDA
I get most of my carbs from oats and whole grains so my fibre is most likely pretty high. I also hit between 200-240g protein a day. I have been looking for a good GDA but wanted to wait till Black Friday! I'll definitely try it out. Appreciate the response

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I get most of my carbs from oats and whole grains so my fibre is most likely pretty high. I also hit between 200-240g protein a day. I have been looking for a good GDA but wanted to wait till Black Friday! I'll definitely try it out. Appreciate the response
Smart move on waiting till black friday. There will be some great deals coming up. I would try to incorporate some higher glycemic carbs like fruit into your diet. Eating 200g+ of low glycemic, high fiber carbs can cause some digestion issues. I think adding in some easier digesting carbs, especially post workout, would help you with digestion

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've used many different GDAs and Glycophase works the best for me. Nutraplant had it on sale. May still be on sale.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
-Digestive enzymes + a good Prebiotic

-Probiotic foods (this is even a first line recommendation here in gastroenterology now)

-Water, water, more water

-Appropriate fibre in diet

-A GDA could help or could hurt digestion/GI issues, it should mitigate excess fat gain but they also carry a lot of potential for GI upset side effects

Bmac63095

Bmac63095

Awards
Seeing this post makes me feel like I'm the same way. Ever since I added carbs back into diet

Tylerfife71

Tylerfife71

Banned
Awards
Yes sir