Bulking, Body Fat, and PH Use

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
This isn't directly related to PHs but for bulking in general I'm a bit surprised how high some members body fat is when they start their bulking cycle... All my research says 10-12% is the sweet spot to bulk, Hell, I was pissed I started my bulk at 12% instead of <10%. I see members starting their cycle at 15+ even upto the 20s. IMO wouldn't that make risk of sides higher and also more difficult to assess muscle gain over fat gain on the scale?

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Perhaps some of those with 15-20% are hoping to go for more of a recomping than an all out bulk. Maybe trying to gain some additional muscle while minimizing fat gain. To some I'm sure the idea of possibly having an increase in sides is not a deal breaker.

I personally know some powerlifters who stay in the 15-20ish % range year round and cycle.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I can see it in the power lifting aspect...and my comment about increased risk of sides is just a total guess, but that would be my biggest concerns.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Probably easier to watch out for bitch tits if your lean..j/k...just interested in discussing this subject.

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Yeah. Whether you're lean or not, if you are getting true gyno and not just nipple sensitivity which is normal with a lot of anabolics, you will have pain and a lump. So, you can monitor for gyno at any bf level but I agree, it's probably easier with a lower bodyfat level.

nasty88

nasty88

Awards
Well you want to be lean with running gear because there is less aramotase.Thats what ive read anyhow ,I also believe it.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I thought so... Just seems people see their actual body composition as an afterthought where I'd rather not cover up the muscle I'm working my ass off to get in fat.

nasty88

nasty88

Awards
Ive done alot of reading on it on there is definitly science backing up the fact that less fat equals less aromatase.And Im with you I Get done to 10% or less bf so i can see every damn gain and avoid the aromatase.Im sensitive i had natural gyno in middle school.The ****ty thing is i love the bloat from some aromatase conversion but I have to be careful...Thinking about it is really making me miss test...Ive been thinking of finding pure 4ad powder and possibly making an injectable at the least id love to find some pure 4ad powder before it gets banned

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Probably cheaper and since you control the dosing you could make it even more directed towards your needs

nasty88

nasty88

Awards
Probably cheaper and since you control the dosing you could make it even more directed towards your needs
def cheaper but man am i having trouble finding the stuff.I mean the supp companies are probably ordering this stuff cheap as hell and selling it for a ton.If i could just get the powder it would be much better and im sure 100x cheaper.Honestly these prohormones are more expensive than the real stuff.All i need to do is find a good chem manufacturer..but easier said than done

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Yeah probably has a bigger markup than whey lol supplement companies make money hand over fist... Especially the ones with the pros faces all over em...you know the kind, the ones that do jack **** lol