triple weight gain in one week?

jmaplewood

Awards
So I'm on my fifth week of a bulk, running osta and anafuse. I've been eating 4000 cal a day, about 1000 over my maintenance, and have been gaining about 2 lbs a week. That is until this week when I'm up 6 lbs. Is this normal at all? I've heard it takes about 4 weeks for the osta to kick in, and I also am on week two of PHAT training so that may have something to do with it. I'd say I'm gaining maybe 1/3 the weight in muscle, thinking about reducing my cals by 200-300 to try and gain less fat. You guys think that's a good idea? And what's up with the 6 lbs all of the sudden?

6'0, 35 years
189.5 up from 175 5 weeks ago.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep everything the same. Weigh yourself tomorrow morning before anything, wait 2 days, weigh yourself again, then go from there.

Too many factors can contribute to that extra 4lb gain including daily weight fluctuation. But i promise you you did not gain 4lbs of body fat from adding 200-300 calories.

jmaplewood

Awards
That's the weird thing. I've been at 4000 cal the whole time. Really strict about my diet, except on thanksgiving, weighed in at 188.6 this morning. I was thinking of dropping 200-300 cal per day so I'm not gaining as much fat .