AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Question for you guys. Currently, I am on a lean bulk. I lost weight from last week to this week, .6 pounds. I would normally increase my cals for this week. However, I decided that I need to cut out a cardio day. It was hurting my recovery. During that cardio session, 250-270 cals would be burned, according to the machine, but we all know they are not the most accurate things. It was HIIT cardio. Would you still increase cals or not since a cardio session is being cut out?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
In trained individuals the machine readings are brutally overestimated

To the point where my calories were all burner through cardio alone in my cut 2 years ago if I believed them, but lost 0.5-1lb. A week

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In trained individuals the machine readings are brutally overestimated

To the point where my calories were all burner through cardio alone in my cut 2 years ago if I believed them, but lost 0.5-1lb. A week

I know the machine is off, which I stated. So by the numbers you posted, increase cals by 100 for the week or no?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I know the machine is off, which I stated. So by the numbers you posted, increase cals by 100 for the week or no?
sure why not

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The way I see it one cardio session a week is not going to result in a .5 lbs loss with everything else constant so I'd increase cals a bit too.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
The way I see it one cardio session a week is going to result in a .5 lbs loss with everything else constant so I'd increase cals a bit too.
Damn I wish a cardio sesh burned 1750 cals for me

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol good
Or i would graft your metabolism into me somehow

Lol
No you don't want that it's kinda slow lol.
My diet has to be on point to get results, not one of those ppl who can eat off feels :(

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
well if your cardio session is only like 250kcal that isn't much isn't it? so i don't see why you need to change your eating habits just because of one cardio sesh. Just remember to look at your average kcals for the week and if your weight is stable because this will tell you if you're eating enough. then you can adjust for next week and so on.

TexasGuy

Awards
Keep in mind that weight training increases your metabolism for days after the fact. HIIT cardio will elevate your metabolism much longer than steady state as well.

Both will frazzle your nervous system which can hinder recovery too.

When you do cardio between lifting days you are spiking an already elevated metabolism, so even if the machine reads a value higher than what you actually burned inside of a given 20 minutes, the accelerated calorie expenditure is carrying on long after your cool down. It's a multiplier effect.

You can add calories but recovery still requires down time, not just for specific muscles worked but your nervous system too. It would be better, in my opinion, to drop the hiit session. You grow when you rest after all.