Simple ways to cook

ethan_wilde

ethan_wilde

Awards
Starting to re diet and all that. Wondering about any easy quick good bulking foods to make and how to do so. Plus whats healthiest form of potatoes.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Get a crockpot bro. Possibilities are endless and it easy. Dump any lean meat in, season, forget about it for 4-6 hours. I read an article recently that potAtoes fried in oil and then refrigerated overnight go through some kind of chemical change that lowers the glycemic index significantly. Can't remember the name of the article but it was on this board in one of the newsletters.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Crockpot is good. I prefer to grill all of my bulk meat. You can load up pounds and pounds of meat and cook it up in like 20 min :). Then, save and eat later.

jaces

jaces

Awards
any carbs that have cooled down have a lower gi than when its warm...get a confection oven.. easy way to cook meat and its got a timer so you can leave it while cooking rice or so...

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like my geroge foreman and crockpot as well. Both really easy to cook and so many different ways to cook in the crockpot.

ethan_wilde

ethan_wilde

Awards
Get a crockpot bro. Possibilities are endless and it easy. Dump any lean meat in, season, forget about it for 4-6 hours. I read an article recently that potAtoes fried in oil and then refrigerated overnight go through some kind of chemical change that lowers the glycemic index significantly. Can't remember the name of the article but it was on this board in one of the newsletters.
i actually have a crockpot lol and ive been looking up ways to use it but im looking for more of a quick way

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tuna or chicken out of a can if you're not too picky. Also lbs of sliced lean deli meats. I love medium rare roast beef and oven roasted Cajun turkey. I can eat that stuff with bread or without. I stay away from smoked meats due to sodium content. When bulking I keeps nuts around all day. I prefer almonds and pistachios. I also like low sodium cans of beans for quick easy protein. Any color but low sodium. Minute rice, can of beans, and some hamburger. Top w/ whatever seasoning or sauce you like. Quick and easy. All quick and easy go to's for me. I also love le subway flatbread breakfast sandwiches when pressed for time. Lots of protein and veggies for vitamins and minerals. Moderate carbs. Just throwing out ideas.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i actually have a crockpot lol and ive been looking up ways to use it but im looking for more of a quick way
Nothing beats it. Put your meat in there with seasonings for 8 hours on low, go about your day, and just come home to clean it up. Cook in bulk put 3 or 4 days worth in the fridge and the rest in the freezer.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tons of great stuff out there.

My wife finds tons of stuff on pinterest. There's an app my coworkers use (I work in an office full of women -- seriously, I'm the only full-time male staffer) called Big Oven and I haven't used it in a while, but it's pretty cool. You can choose the type of meat or the way you want to cook (e.g. I can set the parameters using "chicken" or "pork" or instead "grill" or "slow cooker" and it will give you recipe hits based on that).

I don't bulk cook like I used to, but I'll still bake up 5 pounds of chicken breast at a time because that only lasts me 2-3 days tops. Some things are so easy that I don't want to re-heat them anyway.

Summer time = crock pot and outside grill (keep the house cool)

Otherwise, baking up tilapia or chicken is super quick and the Foreman is easy, too (grill up big burgers or steaks in under 8 minutes.

Tons of possibilities.

elhosk

Awards
Minced Pork/Beef in the 5-12% fat region can go a long way and is pretty cheap. Eggs are cheap and quick

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
what is a 'crock pot'? sorry we dont have that term in Aus lol..

I would suggest a pressure cooker? you can cook like meat (shank, scotch fillet, gravy beef) in like 40 min and it comes out nice tender and lots of lovely flavour. Just don't use as much liquid as normal cooking otherwise you have to reduce it later.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
We have crock pots in Aus. Its just a slow cooker.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
oh thanks, I know what slow cooker is just didn't know it was crock pot haha

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
What is gravy beef and scotch fillet those sound delicious!!!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
what is a 'crock pot'? sorry we dont have that term in Aus lol..

I would suggest a pressure cooker? you can cook like meat (shank, scotch fillet, gravy beef) in like 40 min and it comes out nice tender and lots of lovely flavour. Just don't use as much liquid as normal cooking otherwise you have to reduce it later.
You put a scotch steak ( aka Ribeye ) in a slow cooker? WHY!?!?!?!?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Milk, no prep time. Just open mouth and drink. Other things like rice cookers could be useful for speeding up other processes and making them automatic

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Milk, no prep time. Just open mouth and drink. Other things like rice cookers could be useful for speeding up other processes and making them automatic
Yup, non fat milk = liquid protein :)

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Rotisseries are fantastic as well I love mine
setit.jpg

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
You put a scotch steak ( aka Ribeye ) in a slow cooker? WHY!?!?!?!?
Not slow cooker, pressure cooker! Its like the complete opposite.
The scotch fillet we buy is the cheap cut of the rib eye, so I think its near the ends or something so it has fatty bits and sinew on it. Thats why the pressure cooker works awesome because in 30 mins they all turn soft and jelly like haha.

You can put any tough meat in there and it all turns out lovely. But the trick is to brown it first for extra fkavour.

93_confirmed

Awards
I'm new weightlifting/bulking but so far my go tos have been:

Cereal - oats, cinnamon, nuts, frozen berries, whole milk
Salad - spinach, mushrooms (raw), red onion, nuts/seeds, cheese, bacon, dressing
Stir fry - beef or shrimp, asian sauces, mixed veggies, garlic
Misc chicken - I'll roast a whole chicken, remove all meat (for soup, salad, etc.) and then throw all the bones, organs, some veggies in a crock pot with water to make bone broth. It's easy, has lots of nutrients and health benefits and costs nothing. I freeze the broth in bags.

Steve Rogers

Steve Rogers

Awards
Is cheese OK for bulking? I buy string cheese and pepperoni as a snack.