Celiac bulking

Celiactive

Awards
I'm new so here's me,

I'm 29 years old,I'm 5'10" and I've been 155lbs for as long as I can remember. As you may have noticed I'm celiac and on a strict GLUTEN FREE diet, many of you may have negative feelings toward gluten free people due to the "fad dieters" but knowing that it can cause digestive cancers later in my life I'll deal with the haters and stick with the diet.

Ive been an EXTREAM ectomorph my whole life, typical big head, small shoulders, my thighs are decent but my ankles and wrists are humorous to say the least. Before my gluten free change over my max weight was 165lbs which I was ok with but I was eating over 5000 calories and the list of food is deadly to me at this point.
During my diet change over I had a slight anger toward eating and for a while I quit eating and working out. I lost 25lbs in 4 weeks and my strength disappeared. I've sence returned to the gym and have a decent control on my diet, I'm currently back to 150lbs and my intake is 3500 calories, anyone who knows about gluten free food knows what it cost to eat like that.
I'm here to look for advise on a bulking supplement, I was really interested in 4andro and pbold before learning the andro was made in a factory that produced wheat products.
I have a friend who is close with someone who runs a local supplement shop but I would like some sort of knowledge on what I'm looking for before going to speak with him.

I appreciate anyone who has read this far and hope someone may be able to point me in the right direction. I'm no stranger to research so even a place to start looking would be extreamly helpful.
Thanks again, If there's anymore info needed please feel free to ask.
Josh

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Steak and potatoes
Chicken and rice
Pork chops and baked beans
Eggs and bacon
Fresh fruits and vegies
Nuts and seeds.
Gluten free protein shakes.
Not that complicated.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also i highly doubt your eating as much as you say. Im eating 2800-3000 and maintain 195-202lbs

Celiactive

Awards
Im not sure about you but I joined a site called ANIBOLICS for just that reason and Im fairly certain you didnt find this post in the NUTRITION section.

And that super amazingly awesome that you can eat like a bird and keep weight on but that just makes me think you NEITHER HAVE NOR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CELIACS DIGESTIVE SYSTEM AND THE NUTRITIONAL CONTANT OF OUR FOOD.

The damage caused by eating gluten prior to being diagnosed has made it difficult for my intestines to absorb nutrients, causing a high majority of my food to pass straight through me.

So thanks for the meal plan but Im fairly locked in on that part of it.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im not sure about you but I joined a site called ANIBOLICS for just that reason and Im fairly certain you didnt find this post in the NUTRITION section. And that super amazingly awesome that you can eat like a bird and keep weight on but that just makes me think you NEITHER HAVE NOR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CELIACS DIGESTIVE SYSTEM AND THE NUTRITIONAL CONTANT OF OUR FOOD. The damage caused by eating gluten prior to being diagnosed has made it difficult for my intestines to absorb nutrients, causing a high majority of my food to pass straight through me. So thanks for the meal plan but Im fairly locked in on that part of it.
I highly suggest probiotics

Something like gut health. And digestive enzymes

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
I second the enzymes and probiotics. Also look into research on bone broth healing the digestive system in celiacs.

I also second the meat and potatoes, eggs, and nuts. That's how I pack on my pounds!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
There should be no reason you can't eat enough calories from gf foods. There's entry of high calorie food that would meet this criteria. A higher fat diet is probably the easiest way to go. Fatty meats, nuts, etc are all good add ons to the normal proteins. As far as gf carbs, it's just as easy to drink them and if you're truly having trouble getting enough calories, make mor ego odd into high calorie shakes. Seeds and nuts/butters are easy add ins as well as carb powders.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
3000 calories is hardly eating like a bird. I track my food and eating 3000 fairly clean calories a day is much more food then you think.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And i did find this post in nutrition section while i was looking for diet info.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And fyi my niece has celiac. She barely grew till she was 3 years old when they finally found out what was wrong with her.