Stay lean and get big

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering.. How is possible for fitness models (for example Marc fitt, Christian guzman, Joseph rakich...) to stay crazy lean even if they are bulking?
I think they don't go above 8%..
Even if I'm slowly bulking with just 200kcals surplus until I hit plateu, I still get pretty bloated and the bf goes up

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
With gear... Yes it is possible, not easy though.

But people like Guzman who I believe to be 100% natural... I think these sort of people are just genetically gifted.

Rakich on the other hand is not natty, well in my opinion anyway.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
I think rakich is not natty but Marc fitt and guzman yes.. They are crazy lean year round tho.. Dat dere genetics?

muskate

muskate

Awards
They're meticulous with their diet and training. People love to claim 'genetics' 'drugs' as excuses.

These guys push themselves 110% in every aspect of their training, every single day

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
If they are actually natty then genetics are going to help but only a little... They would have to be very meticulous with their diets going way beyond just cals in vs. cals out

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Well I'm very meticulous too.. I count every calorie I ingest but for sure I cannot stay lean like them year round

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Not just counting but the macro make up and nutrient timing

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're at a surplus, you will gain fat. It is bound to happen. You can control how much fat you put on by slowly bulking, like you do. Also, as far as bloating goes, check your food choices and how your cals are distributed throughout the day. I bloat from a good deal of oatmeal, but could eat a tong of fiberous veggies and not bloat at all. Some people bloat from a small amount of fiberous veggies. Know how your body reacts to foods. However, I would not worry about the bloat, it will go away. Drink water and it will also help. Maybe try smaller meals as well. Not saying 6 small meals a day is better than 3 bigger ones, but I know I bloat from larger meals.

Another thing you can do is check out certain supplements. If carbs make you bloated, check out bulk Na-r-ala or GDAs such as Slin Sane or Recompadrol. Another good supp is Forksolin. Forskolin has been shown to increase cAMP levels, a molecule important for initiating a cascade of crucial effects in the body, namely its role in hormone regulation. Forskolin is widely known for its ability to simultaneously increase lean body mass while decreasing fat mass. This effect is likely due to CF potential effect on testosterone production and thyroid function, enabling leaner & harder gains. Aside from getting a full clinical dose of this highly proven compound, we used a premium 95% extract to avoid any GI discomfort commonly associated with lower quality extracts (10-40%).

You can buy F95 by itself, which is about $30 for a bottle, or check out Aphamax. It is the same price as F95 alone and comes with extra goodies that can assist in putting on lean mass and limit fat while at a surplus.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Right now I'm running xfactor +anabeta elite. Will stop at the end of the month.. For sure they helped me since In almost 4 months I've gained 13lbs.. I dream al least for 5 pounds of solid muscle but it's kinda weird because since my weight went up "a lot" my measurement didn't as much as the weight

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right now I'm running xfactor +anabeta elite. Will stop at the end of the month.. For sure they helped me since In almost 4 months I've gained 13lbs.. I dream al least for 5 pounds of solid muscle but it's kinda weird because since my weight went up "a lot" my measurement didn't as much as the weight
In about 4 months, 5 of those 13 pounds could be lean mass, but I wouldn't think anymore than those 5 is lean mass. Personally, I aim for a pound a month when slow bulking. One may say, well that's not a lot, aim for 2 a month. However, that is 24 pounds in a year. I think 10-16 pounds in a year is more than enough to consider imost of it lean.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In about 4 months, 5 of those 13 pounds could be lean mass, but I wouldn't think anymore than those 5 is lean mass. Personally, I aim for a pound a month when slow bulking. One may say, well that's not a lot, aim for 2 a month. However, that is 24 pounds in a year. I think 10-16 pounds in a year is more than enough to consider imost of it lean.
Agreed

There's always tricks with the types of food you eat

On a bulk most my fat (50% or more) from coconut oil

Allows me to stay lean and I keep my fat at 15% total macros

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed

There's always tricks with the types of food you eat

On a bulk most my fat (50% or more) from coconut oil

Allows me to stay lean and I keep my fat at 15% total macros
How do you use that much coconut oil in a day? Put it in coffee? I really enjoy coconut oil, but only use a touch to coat the pan for my eggs. I probably use less than a gram, but just put it in as 1 gram in MFP when tracking. Right now, the majority of my fat comes from while eggs. They make me feel full and when I consume too little saturated fats, my libido takes a dive!

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How do you use that much coconut oil in a day? Put it in coffee? I really enjoy coconut oil, but only use a touch to coat the pan for my eggs. I probably use less than a gram, but just put it in as 1 gram in MFP when tracking. Right now, the majority of my fat comes from while eggs. They make me feel full and when I consume too little saturated fats, my libido takes a dive!
Eat that **** from the spoon lol

I made beef chili today and added 2 tablespoons into the bowl done lol

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
I just aim to reach my proteins, then I fill the extra calories with everything.. Now that I'm at 3k calories I do about 180-200pro 90-110fat and 280-300carbs

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eat that **** from the spoon lol

I made beef chili today and added 2 tablespoons into the bowl done lol
I might try that. I do it with olive oil. The taste was terrible at first, but I'm used to it now. I will report back with how coconut oil by the spoon tastes.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I might try that. I do it with olive oil. The taste was terrible at first, but I'm used to it now. I will report back with how coconut oil by the spoon tastes.
Mix some MP Into everything you eat man

Works wonders on a caloric surplus

Noorter

Awards
With gear... Yes it is possible, not easy though.

But people like Guzman who I believe to be 100% natural... I think these sort of people are just genetically gifted.

Rakich on the other hand is not natty, well in my opinion anyway.
not only genetically gifted, but also a lot of work.