Hard Gainer, Any Advice?

_nickmartin_

_nickmartin_

Awards
I'm 16 years old and am currently 6'0 and 155 lbs. I'm coming off of an elbow surgery to an infused growth plate and had 2 screws put in right on the point of my elbow in December. I'm attempting to balance showcase baseball with lifting for mass and as my dad was, I'm a hard gainer. My dad was 160 in high school and after he began bodybuilding and over 5-6 years he became 240, with a 430 1RM benchpress. My goal is to be 180 and bench 300. My current 1RM is 225. I eat clean and attempt to take in 4000 if not more calories a day, drinking a GNC mass gainer after every workout. I seperate my lifting into 3 days, Chest Tri's and Shoulders, Biceps Back and Forearms, & Legs and Abs. Any advice on things to improve or add on to? Feedback would be excellent and much appreciated.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I'm 16 years old and am currently 6'0 and 155 lbs. I'm coming off of an elbow surgery to an infused growth plate and had 2 screws put in right on the point of my elbow in December. I'm attempting to balance showcase baseball with lifting for mass and as my dad was, I'm a hard gainer. My dad was 160 in high school and after he began bodybuilding and over 5-6 years he became 240, with a 430 1RM benchpress. My goal is to be 180 and bench 300. My current 1RM is 225. I eat clean and attempt to take in 4000 if not more calories a day, drinking a GNC mass gainer after every workout. I seperate my lifting into 3 days, Chest Tri's and Shoulders, Biceps Back and Forearms, & Legs and Abs. Any advice on things to improve or add on to? Feedback would be excellent and much appreciated.
Its simple, dont attempt to take in 4000 calories a day, actually DO IT! Count your macros! Eat your ******* face off!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Calculate your macros to use higher fats if youre having trouble

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Train for strength eat for size! PB&J All Day! Pack like 4 of them along side of all your other food. Its extra cals that your body will use

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would like to recommend you replace your current gainer with something that has good nutrients in it. Mass Gains has 4 ingredients. whey, oats, efas, quinoa. mixed with milk it equals 500+/- calories of high quality nutrition instead of a boat load of sugar like most gainers. and yes.. you need to eat a minimum of 4000 cals. you should be taking at least two big heapin steamers a day.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Train for strength eat for size! PB&J All Day! Pack like 4 of them along side of all your other food. Its extra cals that your body will use
Used to do this all the time back in the day

str8_lurkin

Awards
Like all the rest have said Eat as much as possible. Count your macros hit above 4000 a day... PB&J all the way I still do that as a snack haha

EWolfe08

EWolfe08

Awards
Last weekend I attended the San Jose FitExpo and I listed to the seminars by Dexter Jackson, Phil Heath and Jay Cutler. Inevitably during the Q&A portion someone ask them all "what do I eat to get big" Every single one of them gave the same answer "Red meat and lots of complex carbs" Phil Heath Specifically said "Red Meat and Pasta/Spaghetti" there ya have it. Ditch the mass gainers and eat real good. Also post workout I would recommend 50grams of WHEY ISOLATE (not a blend or a cheap mass gainer) and 1 - 2 Scoop of Karbolyn (50-100 grams carbs)

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Lots and Lots of food.
EWolf hit it on the head. Red meat and complex carbs are what the big boys use. As often as possible.

Get Mass gainz to have around incase you run short on time for a meal. Otherwise stick to the whole foods.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
most mass gainers on the market are filled with junk and if doing the recommended dosing will last what? 5 days?....anyway mass gainz from iforce is a much better mass gaining option

another thing i recommend to people who have trouble putting on weight, grab a huge thing of natty pb and take 1 serving with each of your meals, if you eat 5 times a day you'll add an additional 1000 calories per day and it's not enough food to ruin your appetite for your real meals

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
add olive oil to everything.
peanutbutter blended into smoothy or extra couple peanut butter sandwiches ed.

Fredy1990

Awards
I dnt know how to use this site but I need some advice

I have been working out for the last year and half now , 2 months ago I did a test prop cycle, I recently decide to hit the gear again and I managed to come across supertest 500 which is a blend. I also was given a well known brand of sus 250. I should of seeked for advice but I couldn't wait. I have been stacking the suptest 500 with the sus 250 . I have been injecting a ml of the supertest with half a ml of the sus into my delts , every 2nd day . The cork lasts a good 3 days. Am I taking too much. Am I abusing it ?? Plz give me some intel

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
If you just need calories and you're getting sufficient protein, id destroy a few spoonfuls of Peanut Butter.

Getting more calories is easy!

Lamik81

Awards
I started adding a serving of oats and serving of almond butter to all my shakes. It's an easy extra 300+ calories that you can't even notice when mixed well. And pbj like everyone said, each should be around 300-400 calories depending on bread and PB used. Right there is 700-900 calories a day extra!!

murk01

murk01

Awards
3 Sweet potatoes and 1lbsteak! Added to ur current diet. Ull start putting weight on within the first few weeks

I don't make any gains with out going 1000-1200 cals over maintenance. And cutting my 5 day routine to a hard 3 day.