Looking for some help with my diet

NoPainNoGainz

Awards
I'm currently trying to add some lean muscle to my frame, I am 5'10 150lbs, I believe I am a mesomorph. Here is the diet I've been following, Macros: 30% carbs 30% fat 40% protein. I generally try to get around 2300 cal/day and 200g protein/day. Is this sufficient in adding lean mass? I have a 5 day split that focuses on a different muscle group everyday, I also do my upper abs Twice a week, lower abs twice a week, and obliques once a week. My supplements right now are creatine,multi,protein, AEN Ape, iforce Conquer, and forskolin at 100mg/day. Any advice is much appreciated, thanks!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I'm currently trying to add some lean muscle to my frame, I am 5'10 150lbs, I believe I am a mesomorph. Here is the diet I've been following, Macros: 30% carbs 30% fat 40% protein. I generally try to get around 2300 cal/day and 200g protein/day. Is this sufficient in adding lean mass? I have a 5 day split that focuses on a different muscle group everyday, I also do my upper abs Twice a week, lower abs twice a week, and obliques once a week. My supplements right now are creatine,multi,protein, AEN Ape, iforce Conquer, and forskolin at 100mg/day. Any advice is much appreciated, thanks!

How long have you been following that diet? If you've been on it for a while are you still making gains on it?

NoPainNoGainz

Awards
I actually have been making really good progress, probably has been close to 3 weeks, I have been steadily increasing my calories. I started at around 1800 I believe. I just diddnt know if anything needed some adjusting.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I actually have been making really good progress, probably has been close to 3 weeks, I have been steadily increasing my calories. I started at around 1800 I believe. I just diddnt know if anything needed some adjusting.
If you're making progress, definitely no need to change unless you stop gaining lean tissue or gaining a lot of fat. You'll gain a little no matter what.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do your workouts look like? That looks pretty good calorie wise from someone your weight, but if you let us know your routine we may be able to offer more help.

NoPainNoGainz

Awards
Monday- Chest:
3x12 Bench Press
3x12 incline bench press
3x12 Close Grip Bench
3x12 dumbbell press
3x12 flyes
Abs (upper): 4x25 crunches, 2x25 sit ups, 2x15 cable crunches, 3 minute ab roller

Tuesday- Biceps, Back, Forearms
3x12 Hammer Curls
3x12 concentration curls
3x12 lat pull down
3x12 underhand pull down
3x12 pull-ups
3x12 dumbbell wrist curls
3x12 reverse curls
Abs(lower): 2x25 leg lifts, 2x25 reverse crunch, 3x12 hanging leg raises

Wednesday-rest

Thursday- Shoulders
3x12 shoulder press
3x12 Arnold dumbbell press
3x12 shrugs
3x12 reverse shrugs
3x12 dumbbell press
Abs (obliques)

Friday- legs
3x12 squats
3x12 calf raises
3x12 leg extensions
3x12 calf extensions
3x12 lunges
Abs (same as Monday)

Saturday- triceps
3x12 kickbacks
3x12 overhead extensions
3x12 cable push downs
3x12 dips
Abs (same as Tuesday)

Sunday-rest

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Check out wendlers 5-3-1 program. Just google it not linking off my phone ... It'll put some good beef on you. Most people benefit better from a power routine in early stages of lifting... That's how Ronnie Coleman and branch warren got their size to start. I'm no comparison to them but I went from sophomore high school year @ your size to 202 as a senior. No drugs.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea, I'd lower the amount of reps you're doing and up the weights. Good place to start! You shouldn't need all of that ab work either, they need to rest like your other muscles. Look into a proven program and follow that for awhile.

NoPainNoGainz

Awards
I appreciate all the help, I do want to try to stay lean given that pool/beach season is right around the corner. You think with one of these programs I can keep my definition while adding to my size? I know fat gain is inevitable, but I just love the abdominals, as do the majority of the females at my college. I'm also a sucker for supplements, I love trying new things, and I was considering maybe a PA like Recompadrol, would this be worth it for me?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The biggest thing that will make you gain fat is increasing cals. Changing to a more size based routine wont do that to you. How long have you been training?

NoPainNoGainz

Awards
Well I was an avid lifter in in eighth grade through highschool, then once I came to college that kind of went to ****, I'm done with the party stage and also I quit drinking and i think that has helped me out significantly. I was never fat or anything and managed to keep some definition despite the years off, so I would say 5 years then 3 years off, and I have been doing the diet above since about November. In the past I never did any dieting but now I'm trying to maximize my potential because I have pretty good genetics when it comes to my build.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
if you find your making progress stick with it.. if you want to try something to help you in a pinch you could try Mass Gains by iForce. its a gainer drink that offers a killer nutritious profile and the convenience of protein shake. its bulking calories come from oats, quinoa, and EFAs. not to mention you might like adding a dexaprine a day to allow you a few more calories as needed with out feeling like youll gain a bunch of fat.
I like the idea of a GDA while bulking indeed

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds good, just keep working hard in the gym good sir.

NoPainNoGainz

Awards
Any recommended GDAs? I was looking at recompadrol but feel like SSV2 has gotten more reviews, most positive excluding some GI issues.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any recommended GDAs? I was looking at recompadrol but feel like SSV2 has gotten more reviews, most positive excluding some GI issues.
Recompadrol has 2 similar ingredients plus a plethora of others

It's MOAs are different