Instant oatmeal

the_swol_god

the_swol_god

Banned
Awards
Hey guys, what's your opinion on instant oatmeal, like the kind with sugar. I know regular is better but I just find it hard to choke down a big bowl of bland oatmeal every morning. I'm bulking and the kind I eat has about ten grams of sugar but I have a fast metabolism and I'm wondering if switching to regular will benefit me significantly.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You won't notice significant changes while bulking unless you're eating quite a bit of the instant stuff. Then you COULD notice some extra fat gain that you might not encounter with the sugarless oats.

the_swol_god

the_swol_god

Banned
Awards
You won't notice significant changes while bulking unless you're eating quite a bit of the instant stuff. Then you COULD notice some extra fat gain that you might not encounter with the sugarless oats.
. So it won't make much difference?

rbss

rbss

Awards
No it will not make that much of a difference. I usually eat it plain but if I feel like something a little sweeter I will add a little honey.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Stevia and almond extract makes for delicious oatmeal

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
. So it won't make much difference?
Not while bulking unless you over eat them.

I personally go with regular oats and add stevia, but if you are a "hard gainer" it probably won't matter much.

If you see a dramatic increase in excess fat then those would be the first to dispose of IMO.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You could always try to "spice" up your regular oatmeal with Splenda, cinnamon, fruit, protein powder, etc.

In the end as long as the instant oatmeal isn't causing you to go into a large caloric excess you'll be fine. :)

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Put a 1/3 cup of large flake oats, 1/3 cup greek yogurt, some almond milk or regular milk, add whatever you want, ie shredded coconut, chocolate chips etc, even protein powder.

Shake it up very good, let it sit in your fridge overnight and in the morning the oats will be nice and soft.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
no need to do instant oats when all you need to do is add a scoop of iForce maple sugar cookie to your old fashion oats.. stir.. microwave for 1 min...
same great flavor as the instant packets but like 10 time better for meeting your goals.. PERIOD.
instant oats are basically junk food they are processed to the point that there is like zero nutrients left.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
As with most responses, I opt for the non sugar instant oats and if I want it sweeter I add berries or protein powder with some almond milk.
Recently just started adding maple sugar cookie protean, and that works great in oatmeal.
Other things:
nuts
honey (you can regulate the amount of sugar your taking in)
Splenda/Truvia ect.

biggold

Awards
You could get the big container of oats then just put some fruit in it. Sometimes I put granola it taste pretty damn good.

yoshi5674

yoshi5674

Awards
  • Established
And don't bother with quaker, it's GMO. Total garbage. Buy non GMO organic oats.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Myoatmeal.com you can order your own oatmeal formulated the way you want. You pick things off a checklist and they send it to you accordingly to the way you formulated it on their site.

biggold

Awards
Myoatmeal.com you can order your own oatmeal formulated the way you want. You pick things off a checklist and they send it to you accordingly to the way you formulated it on their site.
if you don't mind saying, what options do you get with your oatmeal?

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear you on bland oats. They get pretty gelatinous and do not have any real taste. I use milk, a handful of raisins with some cinnamon powder, or even a touch of maple syrup or honey. I just think that way, one can control more of the pure sugar uptake, than what they dump into packs to get things to taste good.

If I am on the run, I just blend them with grapefruit juice, since milk or something dairy, makes them like glue and impossible to drink, but juice and they stay liquid, even an hour or so later.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
im tellin ya peeps, 1 scoop of brown sugar maple protein with a cup of oats (or crème of wheat) is like eating the cheap processed flavored oats, only your not getting all the sugar and processed oats. TRY IT you can thank me later.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I grew up on cream of wheat and love it to this day. I usually take a spoonful of jelly and mix it in.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
I'm more of a grits guy little butter and either splenda or sugar free maple syrup or skip that part and throw in some fresh fruit or honey

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im tellin ya peeps, 1 scoop of brown sugar maple protein with a cup of oats (or crème of wheat) is like eating the cheap processed flavored oats, only your not getting all the sugar and processed oats. TRY IT you can thank me later.
This is my go to bowl of oatmeal.

I would advise buying plain rolled oats and adding your own flavors to it, it will be cheaper. Those instant oatmeal packs are expensive in comparison. Get some cinnamon, pumpkin, apples, bananas, blueberries, nuts, strawberries, etc. and put it in.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
^^^This

Just got some Brown Sugar Maple protean in and that was delicious.