Raw eggs?

william247

william247

Awards
Is blending up 5 eggs and a protein shake with a banana a good breakfast? I ask about the raw eggs because it's much quicker and I can drink 5 eggs no problem but struggle to eat 2 in the mornings what I'm asking is weather or not it's affective

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Is blending up 5 eggs and a protein shake with a banana a good breakfast? I ask about the raw eggs because it's much quicker and I can drink 5 eggs no problem but struggle to eat 2 in the mornings what I'm asking is weather or not it's affective
Yeah I've done it often but for me I only use the egg whites.

Rhfarris

Rhfarris

Awards
This is just a recommendation and although it's rare getting salmonella from raw eggs why not use the cartons if pasteurized egg whites just to be on the safe side? Plus you can make up for the fat missing from the egg yolks with peanut butter or something and it would taste even better.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I've used both the cartons and regular eggs. Probably safer to go with the pasteurized eggs but I never had a problem...

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
jcc80

jcc80

Awards
That is a good point, in my case if i eat cooked eggs i get very bad gas...no clue why but raw eggs i have no issue? Maybe placebo...but it happens.
I'm not seeing what the problem is here. The gas is the fun part :)

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
. Is that because of the Cholesterol?
I'm not answering for the person you asked, but no most people stay away from yolks because of fat content. My daily macro rotation limits fat big time at the moment. Whites are an excellent low cal source of protein.

The cholesterol in yokes is actually good for you. The only time they should be avoided is when dieting down and they don't fit your macros.

william247

william247

Awards
I'm not answering for the person you asked, but no most people stay away from yolks because of fat content. My daily macro rotation limits fat big time at the moment. Whites are an excellent low cal source of protein. The cholesterol in yokes is actually good for you. The only time they should be avoided is when dieting down and they don't fit your macros.
Perfect thanks man

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
You are better off substituting additional Protean in lieu of uncooked eggs. You will lose a good portion of the protein from the raw egg.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I would just use egg whites, but thats my preference. Either that or personally I think it'd be easier to add another scoop of protean into the shake

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
The point is because it's quicker. Ya you get less but reALISTICALLY IT PROBABLY ENDS UP BEING MUCH CHEAPER JUST TO USE WHEY.

Cap loicks stuck, not gonna change it :p

william247

william247

Awards
The point is because it's quicker. Ya you get less but reALISTICALLY IT PROBABLY ENDS UP BEING MUCH CHEAPER JUST TO USE WHEY. Cap loicks stuck, not gonna change it :p
So basically your saying just drink the shake for breakfast ?

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
Egg Whites!!! Throw 1 full egg in their for some extra fluff

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
So basically your saying just drink the shake for breakfast ?
I'm saying the reason people did it was they'd rather drink 12 eggs at once then cook them and eat them. Ya you end up getting a bit less but if it meant not having eggs at all, it was worth the sacrifice.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya you end up getting a bit less
40% less protein is quite a bit

If its the convenience of drinking that is appealing that why not just drink whey?

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The egg is a valuable protein supplement. There are no other foods that your body can ingest almost all of the protein, and it has a complete essential Amino Acid profile.
Now, this info is based on what an Army MD told me, but he is legit.
I will see if I can find some supporting documentation.

Game Day samples available, if you haven't tried it shoot me a PM and we can make this happen.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another fun fact about eggs-
The cholesterol in eggs is high, but in otherwise healthy adults without lipid issues, they will NOT cause any negative effects to your lipids.

I do my best to eat at least 4 WHOLE eggs everyday, and my lipids are as healthy as can be.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established

If its the convenience of drinking that is appealing that why not just drink whey?
Think back 20 years. That's when it was more prevalent.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards

You can poach them for 2-3 minutes then blend them up. Convenience meets Digestibility :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Brocodeout69 Nutrition / Health 71
bell1986 Nutrition / Health 15
cory0475 Nutrition / Health 25
Weight Loss 11
Nutrition / Health 43