Help bulking!! 10-15lbs clean in 3 months

connorj78

Awards
I'm 16 and over the course of the next 3 months I need to gain 10-15 lbs of clean muscle, I was wondering what my macros should be like? How much of a calorie surplus? And how many meals a day? Thanks for ur help:))

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't be done.

10-15lbs, sure. All muscle, no way.

Edit: why could you possibly NEED to gain that in a few months.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
good luck kiddo. expect 15lbs of clean muscle in more like 2 years. assuming u work your ass off

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
good luck kiddo. expect 15lbs of clean muscle in more like 2 years. assuming u work your ass off
He's 16... He could gain 50 pounds from 16-18 if he wanted. Obviously there's tons of factors.. But it's still possible.

Best advice to OP is eat 1.5 g of protein per day, 80g fat per day, and the rest of your calories from low glycemic/low sugar carbs. Center your carbs around breakfast, pre and post workout.

Lift simple and heavy. 5x5 is great for squats deads rows overhead press and bench. Do lots of pull-ups too. Focus on those things and getting your food in. Less time in the gym is better for you. Do enough to cause muscle damage (for growth) but don't over train your body to the point it can't recover and grow.

I would implement some prowler pulls and pushes and variations of it too. That thing is great.

Even if you don't gain 10 or 15 pounds... There's no sense in NOT trying.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's 16... He could gain 50 pounds from 16-18 if he wanted. Obviously there's tons of factors.. But it's still possible.

Best advice to OP is eat 1.5 g of protein per day, 80g fat per day, and the rest of your calories from low glycemic/low sugar carbs. Center your carbs around breakfast, pre and post workout.

Lift simple and heavy. 5x5 is great for squats deads rows overhead press and bench. Do lots of pull-ups too. Focus on those things and getting your food in. Less time in the gym is better for you. Do enough to cause muscle damage (for growth) but don't over train your body to the point it can't recover and grow.

I would implement some prowler pulls and pushes and variations of it too. That thing is great.

Even if you don't gain 10 or 15 pounds... There's no sense in NOT trying.
No one said anything about him not trying to bulk up, especially at a young age.

But 10-15 pounds of pure muscle in 3 months is not attainable.

He very well may be able to gain 50 pounds in 2 years, but it won't be pure muscle and a lot of that weight will come from growing in height as well as from eating/training.

Don't fill his head with false hopes of going from scrawny to jacked in 2 years, all that will do is disappoint him in the long run.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
10-15lbs of muscle at the age of 16 is doable in maybe 6 months, but they won't come clean, and you'd better have EVERYTHING ON POINT.

I went from 150 in February 2005 to 170 at a comparable body fat in November 05. BUUUUT, I was 197 in July. I was programmed by a SHW bodybuilder, taught the meaning of training intensity AND taught how to eat that year. I was 15 turning 16. You can do it, but you better spend a lot of time eating, a lot of time training, and the rest of your time learning how to do it.

Even then, it'll take a lot of luck. Your best approach is to think long term. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Growth spurts the only thing packing on that kinda weight and it be useful

A season coming up or you just picked that number as a bulking goal?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
height / weight?

gonna prolly be 7 meals

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
7 meals at 16 wont happen..
lets be realistic. OP you should be eating your face off at every chance u get. also don't be afraid to eat some junk food.. in 3 mos it would be hard to get sloppy fat unless u were fat before and lost a buch of weight.. you should be taking two big dumps a day if your eating enough.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I have trouble gaining 10-15lbs in 16weeks on 1g of test, 1.2g EQ and orals. Eating 3700 calories I put on only 8-10lbs of DRY muscle. That's hardcore especially how far past my genetics I am.

So 16yo no way haha. Eat your face off bro. Lift heavy and hard as fuk. Smash protein shakes and burgers after you lift. You are young enough fat gain won't be a big problem as long as you workout hard.

gmanall

Awards
All muscle? Nah, but you can gain that relatively lean(2-3% BF+glycogen/carbs/water+4-6 pounds of muscle=12-15 LB). Just eat 500 over maintenance(7x500=3500, about a pound a week) with a good diet and workout and you'll be fine. I started this year 166 at 9-10% BF and jumped up to 216 at 16% so you can make gains fast if you work hard and eat right.

Also instead of focusing on the number on the scale, try just getting the best results you can.

Dnnytth

Awards
around the half of the gained weight would be fat or water but you can surely cut it in a couple of months and gain nearly 10 lb of muscle in that bulk and cut period.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Just eat a ton of Protean, but you won't put on that much pure muscle in that period of time.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
there is no legit way to put that much lean mass on in that short amount of time. You can increase your Protean intake and that will help!

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
OP first, what are you eating? Second, what do you think you should be eating?

Finally, eat your a$$ off and best bet would be to have a trainer who can train with you to push you constantly. Not saying you cant do it yourself but just like everyone else has said, 15lbs in this short amount of time is likely not going to happen.