Calorie surplus

Gw44

Gw44

Awards
I'm cutting as of right now, but I was just getting everything set up for my lean bulk coming up. Would 150-200 calories over maintenance be good for no fat gain? Or little fat gain? I'd like to know if anyone has done this before and what the results were and if you had some cheat meals whilst doing it. Any response would be appreciated.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Prevailing bro science is about 500 calories over maintenance. Some go 1000 with good results as well.

I honestly think 150 is way too little. Hell, 150 is less than my "margin of error" when considering my daily calories. I track them, but not that tightly.

Gw44

Gw44

Awards
I'm trying to add absolutely no fat. Maybe a little at most. I add fat at 500. I wanna be lean all year and this is what I have heard to do. Low calorie surpluses.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
2-300 calories over maintenance would be good to stay lean during bulk. 500 cals over is a pound a week and you will for sure get more fat gains than muscle. I would try adding around 0.5 lbs a week to keep fat to the minimum.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to add absolutely no fat. Maybe a little at most. I add fat at 500. I wanna be lean all year and this is what I have heard to do. Low calorie surpluses.
By trying to add "no fat", do you mean to not have any at all?