Should i be bulking?

aviolentfluid

aviolentfluid

Awards
I do 3 full-body workouts a week.

Monday I deadlift, OHP and, squat supersetted with pull downs
Wednesday I bench press and squat supersetted with pull downs.
Friday is the same as Monday.

My question is, should I be eating a caloric surplus every day, when my workouts are only 3 days a week.
Also, I just started lifting about 6 months ago so I still have a surplus of bodyfat.
Hope I can get some advice, thanks

aviolentfluid

aviolentfluid

Awards
Skinny with a big beer gut. ****ty genetics

aviolentfluid

aviolentfluid

Awards
Skinny with a big beer gut. ****ty genetics. I'm 6foot 160lbs

TexasGuy

Awards
You're either super skinny or your beer gut is not all that big, in which case you're super skinny. Pics?

TexasGuy

Awards
You should also be rowing and working your hammies.

I would suggest finding a pre-written routine by a coach with a good reputation and follow it. You're headed for disappointment, injuries and imbalances.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I don't think you've explained enough about your overall goal for anyone to really help you. What is it you want to achieve and then maybe some people on here can at the least get you started.

aviolentfluid

aviolentfluid

Awards
Trying to get swolenation mothafyckin turbo-stacked brah duh.
I had a PT design my routine. He said it was up to build strength in my main lifts. It works a lot better than the 4-day split I had been using.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Trying to get swolenation mothafyckin turbo-stacked brah duh.
I had a PT design my routine. He said it was up to build strength in my main lifts. It works a lot better than the 4-day split I had been using.
Then eat and lift heavy ass weight. Once you get to a comfortable weight get back to the splits to bring in some definition and trim the fat. And then you'll have your "swolenation mothafyckin turbo-stacked" or whatever the kids call it these days.

bheslop

bheslop

Awards
  • Established
I would bulk and see how it goes for you. You can try a surplus of calories. Maybe mess with your carbs on non-training days. I think if you bust your butt those few days that you go to the gym you can get in good shape. I would just keep it a very clean "bulk"

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Looks like stronglifts but its not. If you like the three day routine look into Wendlers 5/3/1 or starting strength or stronglifts. All Pre written and dumbed down for us meatheads lol. Also I'd eat at a surplus on training days and at maintenence on off days.