10 pounds in 3 months

connorj78

Awards
Hey I was wondering what you guys thought proper calories and macros would be to gain 10 pounds in 3 months with no fat game training 3 times a week.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
+600 calorie surplus. It's pretty impossible to do that without fat gain though

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
+600 calorie surplus. It's pretty impossible to do that without fat gain though
Not exactly....first off we have no ideahow much of a surplus you will need based on the info you have not given us....10 pds in 3 months is actually easy with min fat gain...all.depends on diet

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
10lbs of muscle in 3 months? try 10lbs of muscle in 1 year. thats a lot more realistic

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey I was wondering what you guys thought proper calories and macros would be to gain 10 pounds in 3 months with no fat game training 3 times a week.
Depends on your training experience. Fresh off the block you could probably gain 12 lbs in your first 6 months but who on here didn't screw up in some way when they started. That being said aim for 1 lb every week or 2 which is an awesome start.

Note when you add muscle fat will come along unless your a recomp fan which means a lot of screwing up and slow gains

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Not exactly....first off we have no ideahow much of a surplus you will need based on the info you have not given us....10 pds in 3 months is actually easy with min fat gain...all.depends on diet
A 600 calorie surplus is a 600 calorie surplus for anyone regardless of any other variable.. The only difference wud be a persons metabolic rate

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Depends on your training experience. Fresh off the block you could probably gain 12 lbs in your first 6 months but who on here didn't screw up in some way when they started. That being said aim for 1 lb every week or 2 which is an awesome start.

Note when you add muscle fat will come along unless your a recomp fan which means a lot of screwing up and slow gains
I sure as hell did.. When i first got into bodybuilding i thought i was swole when i gained 30lbs in my first 4 months.. That was before knowing anything about counting calories and macro ratios.. Didnt realize how much of a slob i was until summer rolled around and saw other dudes at the beach no homo lol

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I sure as hell did.. When i first got into bodybuilding i thought i was swole when i gained 30lbs in my first 4 months.. That was before knowing anything about counting calories and macro ratios.. Didnt realize how much of a slob i was until summer rolled around and saw other dudes at the beach no homo lol
I used to do full body 3x a week in high-school. My .....gym teacher*I use that term loosely * was a firm believer in training that way every day. ......then a bud of mine taught me the glory of splits and calories.

Thankfully I was only 5 months in when this happened. 5 years later and boom. My avi is me and I believe that's an okay physique

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
lol i still do full body routines. strength trainer though

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
I used to do full body 3x a week in high-school. My .....gym teacher*I use that term loosely * was a firm believer in training that way every day. ......then a bud of mine taught me the glory of splits and calories.

Thankfully I was only 5 months in when this happened. 5 years later and boom. My avi is me and I believe that's an okay physique
Okay? Dude yur ripped!! Lol ima get there eventually

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol i still do full body routines. strength trainer though
Strength is different. If I wanted to do powerlifting I would be doing deadlifts 4x a week haha!

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay? Dude yur ripped!! Lol ima get there eventually
That's after a Ph cycle at about 8% body fat.

I got down to 6% shortly after but didn't stay there long. I'm at 12 % ATM and loving the extra bodyfat. 12% is still good but its more comfortable to me.

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Yes true about metabolic rate, but anyone could eat 600 cal surplus of what they usually consume..but the usual amount they consume may not even be enough cals to begin with....that's what I mean ha sorry need to be more specific...and the op just said 10 pds...if he wants 10 pds muscle that's a diff story...

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna put on 15 pounds in the next 8 weeks....1k cal surplus....SUPERDROLLLLL style hahahaha

For the OP, find a baseline for your calories, add in an addition 500+ calories than what keeps your weight maintained. Shoot for some macros, 1g protein per body weight, 0.5g of fat per pound and fill the rest in with carbs. Tweak as you want, that's baseline...simple

rva

Awards
3500 calories per pound. 35000cal (10lbs) / 84 (days in 12 weeks) = 417 calorie surplus.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
3500 calories per pound. 35000cal (10lbs) / 84 (days in 12 weeks) = 417 calorie surplus.
3500 cals/lb only applies to fat. so its not quite so simple lol

OHlympia

OHlympia

Awards
You need to start by calculating your BMR which would help you determine your macros. But we do need more info, how many meals a day do you eat ? I usually start my Clients at 50g protein for each meal, carbs and fat on the other and purely depends on the type of client, body type, training style, experience, etc...

As far as gaining 10lbs in 3 months, it can be done, but it's all going to be about your diet/supplementation and training style.