Favorite high protein snacks

connorj78

Awards
Hey I was just wondering what some thoughts were out there on how often to eat, and some favorite high protein snacks

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
dont know what is considered a "snack" but I enjoy eggs ,fish, any meat, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, string cheese.

Khoury

Awards
In the form of snacks, a trail mix is perfect for you, combining good fats with high protein. Also cottage cheese and peanut butter pre-bed is a great fulfilling snack to keep you going through the night.

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
I like greek yogurt + 1/2 scoop protein powder + peanut butter. Noms. I usually use a peanut butter, chocolate, or cinnamon flavor protein powder when making this. Other than that, I just eat the typical protein-rich foods.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I cook up about 3lbs of steak tips and snack on it the rest of the day..the lady above me has a good idea though too haha you can do a lot with Greek yogurt

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
vanilla greek yogurt with fresh fruits. not super duper high in protein, but its decent. 19g/cup isnt too bad compared to most snack foods. and you can add a scoop of whey to it

btw, got this idea from some thread on here a few weeks ago. best snack ever now

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chicken and roasted red pepper hummus

michaelxfc5

michaelxfc5

Awards
Two scoops of dymatize gourmet chocolate pb and some oats for a protein sludge. GAF. Sometimes add fruit. Customize it however you want. Super easy to make.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Tuna or sardines **** sometimes both.. Pop the can and enjoy

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
sounds gross, but im into the sardines too

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
A shake between meals, I use Trutein in water pretty regularly at work.

Either a home made or quality protein bar.

Leftovers! Cook a little extra dinner and Tupperware is your friend the next day, I do this fairly often when my fiancé can't finish her dinner haha

Canned turkey or chicken, I keep low sodium versions of both around.

Hardboiled eggs are simple and portable

Greek yogurt or cottage cheese, easy to find in single serving containers now as well.

Some notable vegetables for protein content: peas, beans (roasted chickpeas are a great snack you can flavor however you want), Brussels sprouts are a favorite of mine, equal carb/pro ratio and you're getting your greens + fiber.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Carne Asada!!!!! Cheep easy and tasty!

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
sounds gross, but im into the sardines too
Try the ones in mustard sauce..I scarf a can or two a day usually and make sure i carry mints or gym around with me the rest of the day lol

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't really do snacks. Just have big awesome meals.