Plateau on chest

ch198905

Awards
I've been bulking for a few months and made steady progress on all areas except my chest. I've changed my workout routine and swap between bar and dumbbell when I feel I'm stuck and seem to be stuck on the same numbers. Any tips/advice?

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Slowly lowering the bar/DBs increases the time under tension and helped me greatly in increasing the amount of weight over time.

Ever heard of Power, ranged Rep, shock workouts?

I believe they suggest loading a bar with slightly more weight then your 10 Rep Max (or so) and do slow descents with the weight (having a spotter or using a Smith machine) as in 4 seconds down 1 up. Made a huge difference in my bench strength

ch198905

Awards
I've tried a few different workouts and training tips and I tend to make a little progress then stall. I was wondering if there's anything nutritionally I can do i.e. more calls/carbs on chest days? My legs seem to grow no matter what and I always do them on a Friday didn't know if it was because I eat more on a weekend maybe? Sorry if the post is a little all over the place

ITW

ITW

Awards
BB takes not only time but patience and understanding. While forward progress is nice and different techniques/manipulations can help speed the progress up a bit people need to realize that genetics is hugeeeeeee. Some people no matter what will lack chest development. Not hating or knocking the thread I've just seen a million of these....chest, calves, ect ect. Follow a tried and true routine/diet, toss in some supps, get a good nights rest, and with time you will achieve your limit. End of story :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get stronger. Despite the crap that is spewed, increasing strength is critical to gaining mass.

Reactions: ITW
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Follow a plan, imo 5/3/1 works wonders in this regard. Do it as written, oh and eat more.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Train the eccentric part of the movement more I.e. the lowering of the BB, keep arms tucked in.

TUT= time under tension.

Important for stimulating growth.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Training Forum 4
Training Forum 1
Anabolics 2
ironspyder Training Forum 8
bigintensions Training Forum 13