15 year old questions

connorj78

Awards
Hey I'm 15 just starting out I'm 5'9 140lbs and was wondering if you guys had any tips for getting clean lean gains, in regards to diet and so on. All is appreciated, thanks!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Hey I'm 15 just starting out I'm 5'9 140lbs and was wondering if you guys had any tips for getting clean lean gains, in regards to diet and so on. All is appreciated, thanks!
Eat man. That simple. Figure out your TDEE add a surplus of 500calories. 40/40/20 protein carb fat ratio. Utilize heavy compound lifts like squat, deadlift, bench press and strict standing overhead press. Base your workouts around these main lifts. Lift, eat, sleep and repeat :)

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Eat man. That simple. Figure out your TDEE add a surplus of 500calories. 40/40/20 protein carb fat ratio. Utilize heavy compound lifts like squat, deadlift, bench press and strict standing overhead press. Base your workouts around these main lifts. Lift, eat, sleep and repeat :)
this^ find TDEE eat 10-20% above TDEE .4-1g fat per lb BW 1g protein per pound bw. fill the remainder of calories in with a mixture of fats/carbs/proteins as you please.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I disagree with both of them.

For most people I would recommend that type of modest surplus.

However, at your age/height/weight you should eat literally as much as you can.

I fell to the mistake of trying to keep my gains as clean as possible in High School and did all that calorie tracking and graduated at 5'9" 142 (also what I enlisted at).

I didn't really start making progress (BW wise) until I just ate more, I "dirtied" up my food choices more but still was able to stay lean as long as my training stayed on point.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
I disagree with both of them.

For most people I would recommend that type of modest surplus.

However, at your age/height/weight you should eat literally as much as you can.

I fell to the mistake of trying to keep my gains as clean as possible in High School and did all that calorie tracking and graduated at 5'9" 142 (also what I enlisted at).

I didn't really start making progress (BW wise) until I just ate more, I "dirtied" up my food choices more but still was able to stay lean as long as my training stayed on point.
i agree here. just dirty bulk and make it easy. bulk on McChickens if you have to. youre too small,too light, and too young to focus on doing it clean. especially since youre in ih school and have less control over your diet

Walkerballer

Walkerballer

Awards
If I were you bud I would listen to Jim Buick, I graduated high school at 5'11" 160 and due to knowing next to nothing about nutrition, I ate as clean as possible based on what was in my parents fridge, and unfortunately unless you're doing your own shopping at a place like sam's club, it's hard for you to take in the amount of calories your body needs to grow in a day. My advice to you is to eat everything in sight. If you are an ectomorph, then as long as you can keep yourself full and fueled you should be good.