Very tall and looking to add a fair amount of muscle

MistaFunnyMan

MistaFunnyMan

Awards
weighing at 220 pounds and 10% is not bad i dont think. But unfortunately I am stretching across a 6'7'' frame.

This means even at that weight, i still look very slender.

I really want to get a bulkier look. So mass all over is needed.

I know a fair bit about nutrition and training, but wanted light shed on the matter from other "tall folk"

:p

jrobran3644

Awards
Its a long road buddy, how old are you??? I'm 25, 6'5" and 230. I graduated high school at 170lbs lol. All i can say is eat, eat and eat. It sucks man, adding 10lbs to our frame only adds a quarter of an inch here and there if you're lucky. There isn't any shortcuts man, I've tried test, tried phs and while they're fun and all it doesn't beat the diet. The two juice cycles i did i ended up with injuries and lost all my gains anyways.

Flav24

Awards
There is no magic stuff but it helps a lot and makes you want to train harder and for longer periods

MistaFunnyMan

MistaFunnyMan

Awards
I'm 24.

Yeah i guess its all about just knuckling down and packing away the grub :)

I have not done test and not really interested in that at this time. I have done a PH here and there though they weren't bulkers, rather than for strength. They were fun though :p

I seem to get size better in certain areas like my biceps and my back after being good with food, but my consistency is terrible. Something i am overcoming at the moment. But glad to hear there are people similar.

I left college at 180 approximately and over the last 2 years have done well in gaining more weight but i think that was more due to genetics rather than good training and eating. I have now stopped at 220 and wont go up. So i think its my bodies way of saying "eat up or shut up" lol

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Much shorter than you but I was always the tall lanky kid.

My suggestion: Go high on the carbs, and don't be afraid of isolation movements.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
figure out macros, eat 10-20% calorie surplus

Khoury

Awards
I know how you feel man, in the end whats been working for me is heavy compound lifts and a huge amount of food, especially fats and carbs. Stick to a very high caloric surplus and you'll see results that suit our tall frame.

Fraser7276

Awards
Hi I'm 6ft6" 200lbs so I'm in a similar situation looking to clean bulk. I'm also finding it difficult to get clean calories. Looking at adding rolled oats to my current shakes to get an extra 300 calories per serving. Also eating brown/whole grain rice and adding advocado to meals to get slow release carbs and good fats.

Fraser7276

Awards
I'm 6ft 6" 200lbs so I'm in a similar situation looking to clean bulk. I've added rolled oats to my shakes giving an extra 300 calories per serving and upping my intake of brown/wholegrain rice to get slow release carbs, advocados a to get healthy fats. Any other suggestions guys?

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Milk and lots of it.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tall or short it doesnt matter. Adding mass is still done the same way. Eat over maintenance and keep lifting.

rva

Awards
Hi I'm 6ft6" 200lbs so I'm in a similar situation looking to clean bulk. I'm also finding it difficult to get clean calories.
This is idiotic. This broscience of clean calories is driving me insane. If i was 6'5" and 200lbs I would eat everything I could find. If you want to add 300 calories then eat 300 calories. Stop stressing about whole grain steal cut long form brown rice legumes farmed from unicorn ****.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
im with this guy ^^^

i find it pretty common for me to bulk on 5 mc chickens if im in a pinch and need food. theres a point where you need to care less about clean eating. im not endorsing bulking on banana splits or anything

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
"Clean food" the hell is that? According to layne Norton only eating "clean" foods does metabolic damage in the end. Better to eat all food hitting macros and get enough fiber.

Khoury

Awards
I'm 6ft 6" 200lbs so I'm in a similar situation looking to clean bulk. I've added rolled oats to my shakes giving an extra 300 calories per serving and upping my intake of brown/wholegrain rice to get slow release carbs, advocados a to get healthy fats. Any other suggestions guys?
I know you want to "clean bulk" but 200lbs at 6ft6 is incredibly skinny. So as the others have said, calories are calories, and seeing as how you are fairly skinny, fat gain is not an issue, it would actually improve your physique.

I was the same as you until i realised you just need to EAT, and when i started doing that not only my weight grew, but my lifts grew, thus helping me attain a better physique.

Pay attention to your macros but don't be strict in your eating and try to adhere to a certain number. Play around with your diet, and you'll start to see how your body repsonds to different methods, then you pick which one you like best.

Fraser7276

Awards
I know you want to "clean bulk" but 200lbs at 6ft6 is incredibly skinny. So as the others have said, calories are calories, and seeing as how you are fairly skinny, fat gain is not an issue, it would actually improve your physique.

I was the same as you until i realised you just need to EAT, and when i started doing that not only my weight grew, but my lifts grew, thus helping me attain a better physique.

Pay attention to your macros but don't be strict in your eating and try to adhere to a certain number. Play around with your diet, and you'll start to see how your body repsonds to different methods, then you pick which one you like best.
Thank you, constructive criticism is always appreciated. I'm always learning!

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
GOMAD diet. Don't worry about eating "clean."
Think of your body as a clay sculpture. Is it easier to take a giant big piece of clay and then sculpt it down or sculpt it piece by little piece at a time?

That doesn't give you the right to be a fat fuk, but whole milk peanut butter lots of red meat and pasta is a good start. Also add 2 tbl's of EVOO to every protein shake you're taking.

Oh and if you're not using an app like myfitnesspal to track everything then it's not even worth trying as you will always think you're eating more than what you really are.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Ya probably know this, eat food all day, doesnt matter if its just meat and potatos, Take a teaspoon of Creatine,Whey and Glutamine, (available at LEF) mixed with water or milk every 2 hours. Aim for 3000 to 4000 cals a day,Eat a gallon of vanilla ice cream that has Whey in the ingredient list(really this works) every day, a gallon of ice cream is about 8 bucks, do 3 full body workouts a week, no splits, use high reps, low weights, and no more than 3 sets If what I outlined doesnt help, well yer not a Human (or yer a speed freak). Most guys your height are either pure ectomorph, or a combination of ectomorph, mesomorph adjust your training according to what somato type you are. Do squats as the first exercise, skip all isolation movements, no more than 2-3 sets per exercise. Avoid aerobics or running. This Will work guaranteed. (provided yer not a regular stim user) Id appreciate some reps please. Thanks!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree on eating food but glutamine won't do anything. Gallon of ice cream? I'd rather a gallon of whole milk: healthy fats and protein, and nutritional. I'm 5'9" and eat 4k a day. Also rep ranges should vary. IMO

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Glutamine helps with tissue repair(bigger, denser, muscles). A gallon of Ice Cream is easier to digest than a gallon of milk, and its loaded with proteins as well. Also, eating ice creams produces endorphins. The product I mentioned is all combined in the same powder.

What's??!!?? Lol

joeblow1

Awards
300 lbs would be the bear minimum I'd be at that height. Eat as much as you need to get there. You can worry about clean bulking when you get to 300. Until then, eat as much protein, carbs, and quality fat as you can. Then eat more. I also like the gallon of milk idea if you can stomach it. Some don't tolerate milk well, and if it bloats you too much then that's gonna prevent you from eating more food.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
20061213mcdonalds.gif

Benjamin1

Awards
Hey man, I feel you!

I'm 6'5, 220. I used to be 180. I started with eating more and kept working out. I was stuck at 192 for the longest time. Then I started eating even more!! then I was stuck at 196-198...

It was not until I did very limited cardio and ONLY heavy compound lifting exercises along with a clean diet that I was able to break the 200 then the 210 plateau.
**I also took a 650cal mass gainer shake 5-6 days a week.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
300 lbs would be the bear minimum I'd be at that height. Eat as much as you need to get there. You can worry about clean bulking when you get to 300. Until then, eat as much protein, carbs, and quality fat as you can. Then eat more. I also like the gallon of milk idea if you can stomach it. Some don't tolerate milk well, and if it bloats you too much then that's gonna prevent you from eating more food.
I think this guy hit it on the nose. Being 6'5" @ 352 was not an intentional thing. Also, AZ hit it on the nose as well. I was stuck at 190 throughout college until I borke my ankle and kept eating like a horse. I packed on the pounds but got back to playing basketball months aster gaining weight to 240. Following that period I was quit happy with the weight but military + McDonalds added more. I hit 295 with ease and was more fat than muscle. Afoter meeting a guy who was 5'3" and looked like a heman toy, he taught me how to lift heavy and I followed him and his lifting while out at sea and mixed chicken and chili as a staple. Soon after the fat melted away but the muscle grew. Every time I went on a diet and lifted heavy I gained weight. This was not supposed to happen. I went from 315-325-335-352 in a year.

Why? I ate and lifted Heavy constantly, Squat, Bench, Deads. I don't even like the size but it's funny becuase I get stopped all the time asking if I ever played football. No. Although I have walked onto two different semi-pro teams and played @35 and 37. I will play now if I could find a team close, just for fun. I have competed in multiple powerlifting contests in a 2 yr span {13}. I'm usually the only SHW when I enter no matter where I go. I'm always competing against myself.

You don't need to utilize anything beyond food to get your size. Beware once it packs on and your body responds it's hard to come off. The only way to do so is to stop working out and lower calories.