Insulin spike to add mass

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post

Haha so maybe just a little post workout advice.

Let me know when the knowledge bomb explodes for that thread. Will give me a good excuse to use up the WM I have.

Dang I don't know if I could handle that. Been beating my muscles into submission Mountain Dog style. Considering paying the monthly dues after I do a stint on ultra low carb island. Can't imagine doing the workouts I know I would do while on an ultra low carb diet. Once I get my body fat down to something reason time to pack on the muscle and chase 700 again.
    I wanna try MD ! I've heard wonderful things about it bit just haven't done it.

Right now Im doing HIT in the style mike mentzer and alternating it with yates B&G style HIT. Just kinda doin my own research to see what kind of results i can get.

Either way..Im gonna be dead tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

2. hawk clear pms
    •   

3. I would only spike insulin post workout. protein can do it alone but if you add high glycemic carbs into your shake it will spike insulin even more

4. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur

I wanna try MD ! I've heard wonderful things about it bit just haven't done it.

Right now Im doing HIT in the style mike mentzer and alternating it with yates B&G style HIT. Just kinda doin my own research to see what kind of results i can get.

Either way..Im gonna be dead tonight
    I am just going off some tnation articles he wrote. Basically mashing his ideas with others. Love some of the exercises he discusses. Hard and heavy training that is going to leave you drenched in sweat. If it doesn't deplete your glycogen stores you might be a woman.

Now a bad way to train. Are you training with a partner? Could only make HIT work with a regular training partner since it requires such frequent negatives.

My PMS is cleared haha.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post

I am just going off some tnation articles he wrote. Basically mashing his ideas with others. Love some of the exercises he discusses. Hard and heavy training that is going to leave you drenched in sweat. If it doesn't deplete your glycogen stores you might be a woman.

Now a bad way to train. Are you training with a partner? Could only make HIT work with a regular training partner since it requires such frequent negatives.

My PMS is cleared haha.
    Yeah I've got my wife and lil bro lol. Im doing it ot of my garage so its legit. My bro knows what he's doin cause i taught him everything i know lol and my wife touch anything until i tell her. I know its not the best idea to have a woman as a spot bit you gotta make do sometimes. Lol

Im on my phone now but i got some legit input on pwo needs and utilization of wm that Im gonna shoot you as soon as Im back at a comp

6. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    TLR
    Ehh?

7. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

Ehh?
    Too long. Didn't read.

In relation to your posts specifically lol.

8. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

Too long. Didn't read.

In relation to your posts specifically lol.
    Lol nice. I don't expect many people to read it. But i love the honesty! Keep it up!

9. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

Lol nice. I don't expect many people to read it. But i love the honesty! Keep it up!
    I'll probably get around to it eventually.

I normally post from the mobile app, so essays are a pain to read.
    •   

10. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur

Yeah I've got my wife and lil bro lol. Im doing it ot of my garage so its legit. My bro knows what he's doin cause i taught him everything i know lol and my wife touch anything until i tell her. I know its not the best idea to have a woman as a spot bit you gotta make do sometimes. Lol

Im on my phone now but i got some legit input on pwo needs and utilization of wm that Im gonna shoot you as soon as Im back at a comp
    Haha sounds legit. Guessing you have a decent set up in the garage. Idk if I could ever be a home gym person. I swear I love seeing some guy have his gf spot him. Most of the time it is some girl who looks like she is afraid of the non color coated dumbbells haha. Plus in the the past lifting never worked well for me. For some reason during that time I loved lying leg curls haha.

Sounds good I am always looking for info to read through. Might send you a link to comb through some stuff to get your opinion.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post

Haha sounds legit. Guessing you have a decent set up in the garage. Idk if I could ever be a home gym person. I swear I love seeing some guy have his gf spot him. Most of the time it is some girl who looks like she is afraid of the non color coated dumbbells haha. Plus in the the past lifting never worked well for me. For some reason during that time I loved lying leg curls haha.

Sounds good I am always looking for info to read through. Might send you a link to comb through some stuff to get your opinion.
    Sounds like a plan bro! Send away! Im always lookin for a good read!

12. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    this of course is utter nonsense
    Actually, no its not. Insulin infusion post workout decrease protein degradation following resistance exercise (i.e. favourably altering net protein balance).

insulin p/wo has a net stimulatory effect upon muscle protein synthesis primarily through a reduction in muscle proteolysis. After exercise, insulin has no effect on protein synthesis however it plays a role in reducing protein degradtion (as mentioned above) and increases amino acid transport.

13. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    wow....Im not really sure what to think about this....maybe I should educate everyone in here as to what insulin IS and what it DOES...then take that same information and apply it to what the OP is asking for.

Insulin, secreted by the β-cells of the pancreas, is directly infused via the portal vein to the liver, where it exerts profound metabolic effects. These effects are the response of the activation of the insulin receptor which belongs to the class of cell surface receptors that exhibit intrinsic tyrosine kinase activity. The insulin receptor is a heterotetramer of 2 extracellular α-subunits disulfide bonded to 2 transmembrane β-subunits. With respect to hepatic glucose homeostasis, the effects of insulin receptor activation are specific phosphorylation events that lead to an increase in the storage of glucose with a concomitant decrease in hepatic glucose release to the circulation as diagrammed below (only those responses at the level of glycogen synthase and glycogen phosphorylase are represented).

Insulin-insulin receptor actions on glycogen homeostasis showing the role of protein targeting glycogen (PTG) in complexing many of the enzymes and substrates together. PTG is a subunit of PP1. Also diagrammed is the response to insulin at the level of glucose transport into cells via GLUT4 translocation to the plasma membrane. GS/GP kinase = glycogen synthase: gycogen phosphorylase kinase. PP1 = protein phosphatase-1. Arrows denote either direction of flow or positive effects, T lines represent inhibitory effects.

In most nonhepatic tissues, insulin increases glucose uptake by increasing the number of plasma membrane glucose transporters: GLUTs. Glucose transporters are in a continuous state of turnover. Increases in the plasma membrane content of GLUTs stem from an increase in the rate of recruitment of the transporters into the plasma membrane, deriving from a special pool of preformed transporters localized in the cytoplasm. GLUT1 is present in most tissues, GLUT2 is found primarily in intestine, pancreatic β-cells, kidney and liver, GLUT3 is found primarily in neurons but also found in the intestine, GLUT4 is found in insulin-responsive tissues such as heart, adipose tissue and skeletal muscle and GLUT5 is expressed in intestine, kidney, testes, skeletal muscle, adipose tissue and brain.

The components of mammalian mTORC2 include mTOR, Deptor, mLST8, Sin1, Poctor (protein observed with Rictor; also known as PRR5L for proline-rich 5-like protein), and Rictor (rapamycin-insensitive companion of mTOR). mTORC2 is involved in the control of the activity of serum- and glucocorticoid-induced kinase (SGK). Full activation of Akt/PKB requires the involvement of mTORC2.
    I too can use copy and paste.. therefore it is not you who is educating me, rather some random on another website. Just saying.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ectomorph looking to add lean mass...
    By WPChickDiesel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 09:53 AM
  2. Trying to add more muscle mass
    By CryptoClean in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 12:49 PM
  3. Replies: 889
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 08:16 AM
  4. Give me something to add mass to my legs without SQUATS!
    By brownstown89 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 09:10 PM
  5. Alternative to cell tech's insulin spiking properties?
    By BigJack87 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 08:02 AM