Insulin spike to add mass

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW002 View Post
    Yeah im confused now. With the bro science thing and what you were being sarcastic about haha
    montego has got me confused but other than that
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site


  2. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    yes I may only have been HERE a month but I have been on the forums and researching for years. and if you had a meal anytime pre workout you know you are still digesting that meal, so unless you only eat protein and nothing else, you wont be running on amino acids. And btw heavy lifting does not deplete glycogen levels a significant amount so no need for rapid glycogen replenishment. also the addition of carbohydrates post workout do not further stimulate protein synthesis than protein alone.
    You do realize forums are basically breeding grounds for broscience. If protein is your primary source of calories. Excuse me? What kind of training do you do? Personally the addition of carbs is for the replenishment of glycogen.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    You do realize forums are basically breeding grounds for broscience. If protein is your primary source of calories. Excuse me? What kind of training do you do? Personally the addition of carbs is for the replenishment of glycogen.
    I said you will only turn to gluconeogenesis if you are not eating enough carbohydrates. I do 5x5 training, so I am not depleting my glycogen a significant amount. and yes im not arguing that carbs replenish glycogen. my argument was you do not need to "spike" insulin PWO with high glycemic carbs to rapidly replenish glycogen levels
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  4. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    I said you will only turn to gluconeogenesis if you are not eating enough carbohydrates. I do 5x5 training, so I am not depleting my glycogen a significant amount. and yes im not arguing that carbs replenish glycogen. my argument was you do not need to "spike" insulin PWO with high glycemic carbs to rapidly replenish glycogen levels
    Well I stay ULTRA low carb preworkout. If you say so little buddy. I guess do whatever you like.

  5. Ohh oh im back on track. Yeah im not looking to do it before to replenish fastwr while im lifting. Im looking for when im done, trying to get as many nutrients back into my muscles as fast as possible to speed recovery/get more in than if i were to let it happen from a normal diet over time.

    Again, i have no idea how beneficial this actually is, or at all. Trying to figure that out

    So looks like low carb before (not no carb) then after a mix of high/low glyco carbs along with protien
    •   
       


  6. I was agreeing with Tomahawk. Confusion cleared.
    Use Code Montego15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com

  7. Haha ok i thought so thanks!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW002 View Post
    Ohh oh im back on track. Yeah im not looking to do it before to replenish fastwr while im lifting. Im looking for when im done, trying to get as many nutrients back into my muscles as fast as possible to speed recovery/get more in than if i were to let it happen from a normal diet over time.

    Again, i have no idea how beneficial this actually is, or at all. Trying to figure that out

    So looks like low carb before (not no carb) then after a mix of high/low glyco carbs along with protien
    protein synthesis is elevated well above baseline for 24hrs and then starts to drop after that so as long as you meet your macro requirements in that 24 hour period you are fine. no need for "rapid replenishment"
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Well I stay ULTRA low carb preworkout. If you say so little buddy. I guess do whatever you like.
    I haha check and mate
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  10. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter
    I haha check and mate
    No there just isn't a point in "debating" with someone who is convinced they can't be wrong.

  11. Spiking insulin post workout isn't about replenishing glycogen because unless your doing some seriously intense decathlon type training you glycogen store will have replenished by your next lifting session. Spiking insulin for OP purpose of gaining mass is good because its efficient at how it store nutrients pwo

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    No there just isn't a point in "debating" with someone who is convinced they can't be wrong.
    Yeah he does this in all the threads he posts in.
    Use Code Montego15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by machorox123 View Post
    Spiking insulin post workout isn't about replenishing glycogen because unless your doing some seriously intense decathlon type training you glycogen store will have replenished by your next lifting session. Spiking insulin for OP purpose of gaining mass is good because its efficient at how it store nutrients pwo
    Wait so spike it pre workout?

    Im not worried about glycogen being replenished by my next training session. Im trying to figure out how to use insulins anabolic properties to gain mass.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW002 View Post
    Wait so spike it pre workout?

    Im not worried about glycogen being replenished by my next training session. Im trying to figure out how to use insulins anabolic properties to gain mass.
    No don't spike it pre workout. Post workout.
    Use Code Montego15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    No don't spike it pre workout. Post workout.
    eating anything will spike insulin, so do it pre or post, or both, it dosent matter
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    No there just isn't a point in "debating" with someone who is convinced they can't be wrong.
    show me studies where you need to use high glycemic carbs pwo to spike insulin. please I would love to see them
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  17. Quote Originally Posted by machorox123 View Post
    Spiking insulin post workout isn't about replenishing glycogen because unless your doing some seriously intense decathlon type training you glycogen store will have replenished by your next lifting session. Spiking insulin for OP purpose of gaining mass is good because its efficient at how it store nutrients pwo
    basicly this, finally someone who knows something about nutrition
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  18. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    basicly this, finally someone who knows something about nutrition
    Like we said. You're hopeless have fun in your ivory tower.
    Use Code Montego15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Like we said. You're hopeless have fun in your ivory tower.
    hopeless how? that I don't follow broscience? and actually know nutrition and how it works?
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

  20. No in the fact that you think you are always right and can't accept a different point of view. I'm with Tomahawk. Have a good time. Hope you achieve your fitness goals.
    Use Code Montego15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com

  21. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter
    show me studies where you need to use high glycemic carbs pwo to spike insulin. please I would love to see them
    You don't NEED to do anything. Hell you can workout and not eat anything at all post workout. The men are talking about optimal gains. When you want to make some real gains maybe you will learn.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

    Yeah he does this in all the threads he posts in.
    So do I, wanna fight about it?!


    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post

    You don't NEED to do anything. Hell you can workout and not eat anything at all post workout. The men are talking about optimal gains. When you want to make some real gains maybe you will learn.
    See bold.

    Hilarious.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    So do I, wanna fight about it?!




    See bold.

    Hilarious.
    Sure. Stick your head up your butt and fight for air
    Use Code Montego15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

    Sure. Stick your head up your butt and fight for air

  25. If OP is trying to get big, a shake post with .5-1 g/ kg bw carbs and .5 g / kg bw pro would be ideal.
    And yes the fast digesting carbs are ideal post wo for bulking.

    If you can handle dairy, it wouldn't hurt. The sugars, lactose specifically, has been shown to further increase the recovery process.

    Don't be like me though and try to drink a gallon every other day, the estrogenic effects can begin to show.

    This isn't bro science it's basic nutrition.

    OP, try to have a whole food meal within an hour after this, plenty of slower digesting carbs, healthy fats, and protein.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Ectomorph looking to add lean mass...
    By WPChickDiesel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 09:53 AM
  2. Trying to add more muscle mass
    By CryptoClean in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 12:49 PM
  3. Replies: 889
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 08:16 AM
  4. Give me something to add mass to my legs without SQUATS!
    By brownstown89 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 09:10 PM
  5. Alternative to cell tech's insulin spiking properties?
    By BigJack87 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Log in
Log in