Bulking advice

scottladd

Awards
I'm currently 23, 14% BF, 6ft 4in, 12st 6. I want to bulk up to 15stone. Training for a 2-3 years. Looking to add some real size and bulk. Want are people's opinions on 477g of carbs, 274g protein and 113g fat? Also anybody got advice on making your own mass gaining shakes.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently 23, 14% BF, 6ft 4in, 12st 6. I want to bulk up to 15stone. Training for a 2-3 years. Looking to add some real size and bulk. Want are people's opinions on 477g of carbs, 274g protein and 113g fat? Also anybody got advice on making your own mass gaining shakes.
Don't really need more than a gram per lb of bodyweight for protein.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
find TDEE eat 10-20% above TDEE .4-1g fat per lb BW 1g protein per pound bw. fill the remainder of calories in with a mixture of fats/carbs/proteins as you please.

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
find TDEE eat 10-20% above TDEE .4-1g fat per lb BW 1g protein per pound bw. fill the remainder of calories in with a mixture of fats/carbs/proteins as you please.
^^ Winning

For your own pre-made mass gainer:
protein powder
whole milk
oats
peanut butter
greek yogurt
honey
fruit if you want

cory0475

cory0475

Awards
Try serious mass by optimum nutrition. It has 1250 calories, 250g carbs, and 50g of protein per serving

flamini

flamini

Awards

definitely dont need all that protein, at least not to build muscle. Your body actually has a tremendous ability to digest and use protein but not all for muscle building. It will take between 30-35 g from muscle building and everything else will be distributed to your bodies needs. Its literally a myth that you just **** the extra protein out, even if it makes you **** its not the protein thats coming out. ANYway, try eating extremely small meals through the day and post workout eta about 3,000 cals over a 4 hour period split evenly. People in the BB community have lost sight on your bodies hormonal ability to build muscle. Now all you hear is "its all about the macros bro". Thats just stupid. YES fundamentals, like macros are important but it goes far more in-depth then that. Your body produces GH while hunger increases, by eats stuff like raw veggies and low glycemic fruit throughout the day with small portions of protein your body actually utilizes that protein more effiecntly. WHile getting proper nutrients like digestive enzymes and vitamins throughout the day you are also prepping your body for proper digestion. Eating small, and satisfying hunger when needed raises your GH and LH levels before your workout and also preps your body to be more readily available to burn fat during your routine. Eat smal and nutritious throughout the day low carb. nuts, fruits, veggies,and post workout over a 4 hour period KILL the food and healthy carbohydrates along with liquid carbs! There is a TON of bodybuilders who do this. Most people do not take this approach because it requires more discipline. try it for 6-8 weeks, if you dont like it go back to a normal bulk routine which also works well but for lower quality muscle.

TexasGuy

Awards
Please take protein recommendations with a grain of salt. Try a gram per pound and realize gains. Then step it up to 1.5-2 and see what you think. Then keep itup and let science catch up. Or read articles by Layne Norton.