Muscle Growth for kids

RUSSELL78

RUSSELL78

Awards
My son is 15 and bout 145lbs. He wanting to get stronger and eat right. Any suggestions for me on eating habits for him and how to help him get stronger? He lifts at school but there is really no guidence there for them

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
teach him to lift yourself. school lifting = ego boosting and bad form. if he lifts with the football team in high schol, he might even be pressurd into oral steroids. they also have no sense of progression which makes lifting look prety fuking stupid for the avid lifters. ever see someone bench 135 and stay there for a year? dafuq does that accomplish?

and teach him the importance of calories and macronutrients

if he clicks to it at 14, hes virtually limitless in possibility

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
teach him to lift yourself. school lifting = ego boosting and bad form. if he lifts with the football team in high schol, he might even be pressurd into oral steroids. they also have no sense of progression which makes lifting look prety fuking stupid for the avid lifters. ever see someone bench 135 and stay there for a year? dafuq does that accomplish?

and teach him the importance of calories and macronutrients

if he clicks to it at 14, hes virtually limitless in possibility
all of this! came to say the exact same thing

TexasGuy

Awards
I would check out the coaching before jumping to conclusions. The highschool program I remember was built around the basics. The coaches weren't elite names but they knew how to squat, clean and press and could answer questions.

Diet was the tricky part. One ****ty meal for an eight hour school day and then a 2 hour football practice. Feed him a big breakfast and let him sneak protein powder in a shaker bottle with bottled water to mix along with a can of peanuts for a snack in the afternoon. He can keep them in a backpack and slip in to a bathroom stall or be discreet in his locker.. Steroids, oral and otherwise, will be around like any other drug but if he knows better it won't matter.