help with my overall workout/nutrition plan!!

jjagg0125

Awards
im relatively new to lifting again after a break for a while. i have a very active job as im a union pipefitter. some days i will pick up heavy things all day long at the minimum im on my feet 8hrs a day! my workout routine im doing is 4-5 times a week
mon chest/bi's
tue tri's/back
wed legs
thur chest/bi's
fri tri's/back

my goal is to gain as much muscle as possible as fast as possible while staying trim in my core area, any recommendations as far as calorie/carb/protein intake? ive put on 10 lbs since i got back into it but i want another 10 lbs yet. trying to improve my overall workout/nutrition plan to maximize my results. i eat pretty healthy and try to stay away from processed sugar i eat a lot of chicken/salmon/almonds/berries/spinach etc etc etc
any help would be much appreciated
Thanks!
justin

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Firstly, rethink your workout. Why does you legs only have 1 day vs. up to 4 days for other muscle groups? Not to mention you completely neglect the shoulders.. imo you need to follow a tried-and-true program rather than try develop your own as it seems you lack programming knowledge.

What is your TDEE? (google it) then tell us that is (+ age, height, weight etc.). It's like trying to build a house without you giving us any specs; the more you tell us, the more we can help you.

jjagg0125

Awards
Thnks for the input any good routine recommendations? I do shoulders when I do legs. The reason I only do legs once is because I climb probably 40 sets of stairs a day and am climbing a lot which I know is no excuse. I will get on more legs ASAP I know I lack that area. I'm 6' and 180 lbs my activity level is pretty high from being on my feet everyday alone not to mention working out 4-5 times a week ya know.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thnks for the input any good routine recommendations? I do shoulders when I do legs. The reason I only do legs once is because I climb probably 40 sets of stairs a day and am climbing a lot which I know is no excuse. I will get on more legs ASAP I know I lack that area. I'm 6' and 180 lbs my activity level is pretty high from being on my feet everyday alone not to mention working out 4-5 times a week ya know.
Its always good to build a good strength foundation first; its quite a common misconception that building strength will not increase muscle mass but the stronger you get, the bigger you get. Programs like 5/3/1 with Periodization assistance templates are a good place to start.

Once you get more adept you can play around with it more to suit your future goals.

I maintain at around 4000kcals during sporting on-season (sometimes more) so just play around with intake till you start getting where yu want to be. Google TDEE and try work it out, then aim for 1g per lb of bodyweight of protein, .5g per lb of bodyweight of fat and the rest carbs.

This is just one plan example

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
The cleaner you eat the longer it will take to put on weight...this is why bodybuilders only eat clean when they are "dieting". You cant put on mass or weight or muscle or anything else eating brown rice and chicken breasts all day long. If you want to remain natural and want 10 lbs of muscle then be prepared to try for 6 months to a year. If you want 10 lbs of weight/mass then up your calories and it will only take a few months at most

jjagg0125

Awards
Hmm interesting FYI I am incorporating a more balanced workout now. The only thing I am worried about is putting on fat but it sounds like that can't really be a concern if I'm trying to gain some muscle mass is that correct?