benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
Chicken and rice

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Don't waste your money on a mass gainer. Either eat whole food or use a chocolate whey and blend it with whole milk, peanut butter and oats. It will taste a whole lot better than a mass gainer anyways. Also mass gainers usually use low end ingredients.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Buy

Quality Whey
Whole milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk if to want to keep the sugar content even further down
1tbsp natural peanut butter or almond butter
1tbsp evoo
Half or whole banana or and type of berries
Oatmeal ground in a coffee grinder so it's more of a powder

There are many options

IFBBound

IFBBound

Awards
Don't waste your money on a mass gainer. Either eat whole food or use a chocolate whey and blend it with whole milk, peanut butter and oats. It will taste a whole lot better than a mass gainer anyways. Also mass gainers usually use low end ingredients.
What exactly do u mean "low end ingredients"? I use pro complex gainer.... And it is noticeable as far as weight gaining. I'm definitely a person with a fast metabolism and my type of body doesn't like to carry mass. My opinion is its quality stuff AND I get a 10 lb bag for 70$. Can't beat that. I know some companies use a lot of "fillers" but nutritional facts are nutritional facts right? 60 protein. 80 carb. 650 calories!! Just sayin I like it.

Sent from my iPad using Am.com

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
What exactly do u mean "low end ingredients"? I use pro complex gainer.... And it is noticeable as far as weight gaining. I'm definitely a person with a fast metabolism and my type of body doesn't like to carry mass. My opinion is its quality stuff AND I get a 10 lb bag for 70$. Can't beat that. I know some companies use a lot of "fillers" but nutritional facts are nutritional facts right? 60 protein. 80 carb. 650 calories!! Just sayin I like it.

He might mean things like Maltodextrin which is typically considered a low-end ingredient. Which as it happens is also ingredient #1 on that pro complex mass gainer. No gripes with it or anything but 650kcals is not an overly dense mass gainer IMO; I made a shake yesterday with a medium banana, lactose free whole milk, protein powder, EVCO+ EVOO, and nut meat which was ~1700kcals and ~80g of protein

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He might mean things like Maltodextrin which is typically considered a low-end ingredient. Which as it happens is also ingredient #1 on that pro complex mass gainer. No gripes with it or anything but 650kcals is not an overly dense mass gainer IMO; I made a shake yesterday with a medium banana, lactose free whole milk, protein powder, EVCO+ EVOO, and nut meat which was ~1700kcals and ~80g of protein
You da man!

Geeze, what were the servings of each, lol?

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
supplement mass gainers just make you poop more and eat fewer meals..... try adding peanut oil to your protein shakes, two table spoons in two shakes is an extra 480 calories, and you wont even taste the difference if you make your shakes with water.

IFBBound

IFBBound

Awards
What about mhp mass gainer???? No maltodextrin in ingredient

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would the quality of this protein be better than say pro complex gainer

Probably not, soy protein is the main protein in MHP. Pro Complex is a blend of isolate/egg/casein, correct?

Carb sources, IMO are much better in MHP. That is my main concern in gainers, carb sources.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like to add MCT oil to my meals. Its clean energy and if ur stomach can handle it you can add a great deal of calories to ur diet. I have added as much as 800 calories per day on it but thats kinda extreme though.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
What about mhp mass gainer???? No maltodextrin in ingredient

I would avoid just because it contains soy as its base protein

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I like to add MCT oil to my meals. Its clean energy and if ur stomach can handle it you can add a great deal of calories to ur diet. I have added as much as 800 calories per day on it but thats kinda extreme though.
you and your mct oil! i still need to get some....

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
If your using due to lack of time and cost effectiveness, I would say Dymatize Elite Mass is a solid choice.

But real food is the best option. Chicken and rice, chicken and sweet potato, Oatmeal and eggs, and lots of PB

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
my mass gainer is the all you can eat breakfast buffet across from the gym

fast00

fast00

Awards
i wouldn't waist cash on a mass gainers, a good whey powder, double scoop it, banana & strawberry's + peanut butter, table spoon extra virgin olive oil / table spoon flax seed oil, and a cup of oats is all you need, either with water or milk for extra calories but i take it with water since i am not very tolerant to lactose and it tastes great. 1000+ calorie drink

or you can always eat more real food.. lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
musclemaker Company Promotions 3
louis19 Weight Loss 9
double s Supplements 50
dmax79 Natural Bodybuilding 17
rojasdave Supplements 7