How long before weight gain

dbrodrive1211

Awards
If you are going over your caloric maintenance level by about 300-500 cals everyday and staying within your macros and eating healthy foods,how long before the scale goes up..Or at least how many days should I be eating the same amount of calories with no weight gain before I increase them..a week maybe??

Ducoteycd

Ducoteycd

Awards
I've always heard to check the scale on a weekly basis and adjust calories depending on how much weight gained. If you are gaining less than 1 lb/week you can increase calories but if you're gaining more than 1 lb/week you should probably ease up on the calories a bit.

Obviously it's different for everyone, but that's what has worked for me in the past.

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
depends on your caloric expendature.....if you eat an extra 500 calories a day and lay on the couch all day then you will gain a few lbs a week....if you add 500 calories and have a high metabolism and are active then you will probably never see any gains....shoot for 1000 to 1500 EXTRA calories a day and try and be as sedintary as your schedule will allow....then you will gain.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
depends on your caloric expendature.....if you eat an extra 500 calories a day and lay on the couch all day then you will gain a few lbs a week....if you add 500 calories and have a high metabolism and are active then you will probably never see any gains....shoot for 1000 to 1500 EXTRA calories a day and try and be as sedintary as your schedule will allow....then you will gain.
youre suggesting a large surplus with little exercise? gains will be made just not muscle....