The protein myth - AnabolicMinds.com

The protein myth

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
  1. Banned
    Stephen100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    The protein myth


    I would like to know if anyone else is becoming aware of the protein myth that most bodybuilders have fallen for: "You must eat lots of protein, otherwise you won't make any gains." As a result of this rotten lie, hundreds of thousands of bodybuilders are scoffing down ridiculous amounts of protein every day, often giving them smelly wind and bloating and leaving them with an empty wallet. What's worse is that most of the protein bodybuilders eat is animal protein, which is not natural for human consumption. Let me elaborate:


    If you eat a dead animal, you are eating dead protein. When you cook meat or any other food, you kill the living enzymes, which will prevent proper digestion. It's not about how much protein you eat, it's how much you are able to absorb. Most of the protein that bodybuilders eat is not absorbed into the muscle because animal protein is hard to digest. Most of it just passes through them and puts a strain on their liver and kidneys. All you need is a small amount of good quality protein to grow. A baby can gain 12 pounds in 6 months by drinking breast milk, because breast milk, unlike cows milk, it a natrural protein. Dead animal protein is second hand.


    The biggest scandal is whey protein. Whey is completely unnatural. Many bodybuilders complain of wind, bloating, and stomach upset after drinking whey protein. That's because whey protein is another dead animal protein. It has no living enzymes and it doesn't digest properly. It also sticks to the inside of your intestines. Rub some whey powder with a few drops of water between your fingers. It's horribly sticky, just like gue. No wonder it can cause wind and stomach upset. What you want is a plant protein powder like hemp protein or sun warrior. Ever since I've been on hemp protein, I've had no bloating or stomach upset. Hemp protein is completely natural and is very easy to digest. Whey protein is toxic to the digestive system, and the quality of the protein is very poor.


    Small amounts of natural protein is all you need: protein found in seeds, nuts, fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Once you cut out animal protein and replace is with natures protein, you will recover faster, have more strength and energy, and be much healthier. Clogging yourself up with 200-300 grams of animal protein is the stupidist thing I've ever heard. You want hemp protein powder, seeds, nuts, bananas, spinach, kale, avocado, seaweed, spouts, and all other green herbs and vegetables. Animal protein is junk protein.

  2. New Member
    Ballesteri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    1769574

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post
    I would like to know if anyone else is becoming aware of the protein myth that most bodybuilders have fallen for: "You must eat lots of protein, otherwise you won't make any gains." As a result of this rotten lie, hundreds of thousands of bodybuilders are scoffing down ridiculous amounts of protein every day, often giving them smelly wind and bloating and leaving them with an empty wallet. What's worse is that most of the protein bodybuilders eat is animal protein, which is not natural for human consumption. Let me elaborate:


    If you eat a dead animal, you are eating dead protein. When you cook meat or any other food, you kill the living enzymes, which will prevent proper digestion. It's not about how much protein you eat, it's how much you are able to absorb. Most of the protein that bodybuilders eat is not absorbed into the muscle because animal protein is hard to digest. Most of it just passes through them and puts a strain on their liver and kidneys. All you need is a small amount of good quality protein to grow. A baby can gain 12 pounds in 6 months by drinking breast milk, because breast milk, unlike cows milk, it a natrural protein. Dead animal protein is second hand.


    The biggest scandal is whey protein. Whey is completely unnatural. Many bodybuilders complain of wind, bloating, and stomach upset after drinking whey protein. That's because whey protein is another dead animal protein. It has no living enzymes and it doesn't digest properly. It also sticks to the inside of your intestines. Rub some whey powder with a few drops of water between your fingers. It's horribly sticky, just like gue. No wonder it can cause wind and stomach upset. What you want is a plant protein powder like hemp protein or sun warrior. Ever since I've been on hemp protein, I've had no bloating or stomach upset. Hemp protein is completely natural and is very easy to digest. Whey protein is toxic to the digestive system, and the quality of the protein is very poor.


    Small amounts of natural protein is all you need: protein found in seeds, nuts, fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Once you cut out animal protein and replace is with natures protein, you will recover faster, have more strength and energy, and be much healthier. Clogging yourself up with 200-300 grams of animal protein is the stupidist thing I've ever heard. You want hemp protein powder, seeds, nuts, bananas, spinach, kale, avocado, seaweed, spouts, and all other green herbs and vegetables. Animal protein is junk protein.
    I hear what you are saying and have tried this only to end up lacking energy, however I still do not eat red meat. I get most of my protein from eggs, fish, nuts, and yes whey but I go with the organic whey by now.
  3. Advanced Member
    Ape McGrapes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    701
    Rep Power
    279486

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I feel this to be a pretty ignorant statement, full of a bunch of BS claims, and personal opinions.
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,265
    Rep Power
    2311425

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
    I'm in for all the drama this thread is going start. And what I walked away from this was I have to drink breast milk to gain muscles.
    breast milk and I also articulated from it that I should eat live animals
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  5. Banned
    Stephen100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballesteri View Post
    I hear what you are saying and have tried this only to end up lacking energy, however I still do not eat red meat. I get most of my protein from eggs, fish, nuts, and yes whey but I go with the organic whey by now.
    I am replying to you because so far you are the only one who has managed to give an intelligent reply. All I know is that many other people who have done this have reported much more energy and quicker recovery, so I have no idea why it didn't work for you. The only thing I can think of is that when you start eating healthier protein foods, your body either starts to detox or has to get use to the new diet, which can make the body feel weak. But animal protein is not a natural protein. Natures protein is the best.
  6. New Member
    peter01's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    37
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    42890

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post

    I'm all for punching a cow right in the face and eating it right there.
    I'm all for breast milk. Actually tastes pretty good.
  7. New Member
    blaykeryan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    33504

    Reputation

    I'm not one to jump on threads but this is complete opinionated arrogance..the human race has been living on animal protein since mankind started...that's why animals like cow,chicken,pig etc, was created, so we can survive
  8. New Member
    scherbs's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    275
    Rep Power
    58844

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post

    But animal protein is not a natural protein. Natures protein is the best.
    Animals are not natural? This is so mind-bendingly brilliant that my head hurts!
  9. Banned
    Stephen100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by blaykeryan View Post
    I'm not one to jump on threads but this is complete opinionated arrogance..the human race has been living on animal protein since mankind started...that's why animals like cow,chicken,pig etc, was created, so we can survive
    And those who consume more animal proteins have more sickness and disease. Eating a dead, cooked animal is not as good as eating raw protein provided by nature.
  10. Banned
    Stephen100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by scherbs View Post
    Animals are not natural? This is so mind-bendingly brilliant that my head hurts!
    After an animal has been slaughtered and cooked in the oven or the grill, I think we can safely say that it's not natural.
  11. New Member
    scherbs's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    275
    Rep Power
    58844

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post

    After an animal has been slaughtered and cooked in the oven or the grill, I think we can safely say that it's not natural.
    So, slaughtering an animal and eating it raw is 'natural'?
  12. Banned
    Stephen100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    No, not unless you think killing is natural?
  13. Advanced Member
    Ape McGrapes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    701
    Rep Power
    279486

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    The most damning evidence is that babies can gain 12 pounds in 6 months.
  14. New Member
    LikeClockwork's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    11701

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post
    No, not unless you think killing is natural?
    I would say killing for food is perfectly natural. Lions eating zebras. SO UNNATURAL. Waitwut.
  15. Senior Member
    thyrod's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,315
    Rep Power
    74243

    Reputation Reputation

    Wow good read. I think I'm going to turn vegan right now. Lol
  16. New Member
    samson1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    21

    Reputation

    This article is terribly opinionated and ignorant.
  17. Banned
    Stephen100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by samson1987 View Post
    This article is terribly opinionated and ignorant.
    Feel free to refute my arguments, because so far nobody has had the intelligence to do it.
  18. Banned
    Stephen100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by LikeClockwork View Post
    I would say killing for food is perfectly natural. Lions eating zebras. SO UNNATURAL. Waitwut.
    The strongest animals in the world are vegetarians. The few animals that eat meat have a huge amount of stomach acid and are able to digest the meat a lot easier. Dead animal protein doesn't digest very well in humans, yet ignorant and stupid bodybuilders think that meat is good quality protein. It is not! Even a gorilla has got the intelligence to get its protein from nature. Dumb humans are like sheep. They will follow anything that suits them.
  19. Senior Member
    joh408's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,650
    Rep Power
    372703

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post
    Dumb humans are like sheep.
    Dumb humans = Sheep
    Sheep = Vegetarians
    Vegetarians = Dumb People?
    Justin
    joh408 is taking Follidrone on a ride:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252416-joh408-taking-follidrone.html
  20. Senior Member
    joh408's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,650
    Rep Power
    372703

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Edit: double post
    Justin
    joh408 is taking Follidrone on a ride:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252416-joh408-taking-follidrone.html
  21. New Member
    anarchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    35

    Reputation

    There is some truth to this thread.... We as humans eat meat but aren't meant to eat meat often... As cave people we had to survive off of plants for our nutritional needs. It isn't like we caught an animal everyday and also we used a lot more energy in gathering and or catching our food. Broccoli has more protein per calorie than steak. The United States has the highest cancer rate in the world but we are also the largest consumer of animal based proteins which have been proven to activate the dormant cancer cells that we all possess. There are documentaries on this same subject on Netflix. Just like America has the highest percentage of degenerate bone diseases, which has been linked to the consumption of milk, which we are the largest consumer of. When ingested it actually increases acidity in your stomach and our body draws calcium from our bones to neutralize this increase. I consume all of the above, but there is fact in what dude is saying he just didnt include many details.
  22. Professional Member
    PalmFist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,293
    Rep Power
    1896201

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Here we go again...
    Independent Review
  23. Elite Member
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,874
    Rep Power
    3744472

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Re: The protein myth


    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post


    Small amounts of natural protein is all you need: protein found in seeds, nuts, fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Once you cut out animal protein and replace is with natures protein, you will recover faster, have more strength and energy, and be much healthier. Clogging yourself up with 200-300 grams of animal protein is the stupidist thing I've ever heard. You want hemp protein powder, seeds, nuts, bananas, spinach, kale, avocado, seaweed, spouts, and all other green herbs and vegetables. Animal protein is junk protein.
    Stupidist or stupidest? Kind of ironic, huh? You come in here degrading people calling them stupid, dumb and ignorant while you misspell your insulting remarks.

    Animal protein is not now nor has it ever been "unnatural". Unless you are talking specifically about hormones.

    You seem to be a strong advocate of being a vegan, that's fantastic but don't come in here telling people how stupidist, stupidir them are when they disagree. You approached the possibility for an intellectual conversation in an extremely inappropriate fashion.

    Start over with actual evidence. Not using some asinine statement of the development of infants as support for your argument. If you honestly believe that to be evidence, I suggest you research the stages of development of infants. You were so quick to discredit those that furnished no factual evidence while you came in doing the exact same thing.

    - Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  24. Professional Member
    PalmFist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,293
    Rep Power
    1896201

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I hope this thread blows up. I could use a few good laughs throughout the day. Oh man... Theres already room for so much criticism and half-brained theories...
    Independent Review
  25. Elite Member
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,874
    Rep Power
    3744472

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Re: The protein myth


    Quote Originally Posted by anarchy View Post
    There is some truth to this thread.... We as humans eat meat but aren't meant to eat meat often... As cave people we had to survive off of plants for our nutritional needs. It isn't like we caught an animal everyday and also we used a lot more energy in gathering and or catching our food. Broccoli has more protein per calorie than steak. The United States has the highest cancer rate in the world but we are also the largest consumer of animal based proteins which have been proven to activate the dormant cancer cells that we all possess. There are documentaries on this same subject on Netflix. Just like America has the highest percentage of degenerate bone diseases, which has been linked to the consumption of milk, which we are the largest consumer of. When ingested it actually increases acidity in your stomach and our body draws calcium from our bones to neutralize this increase. I consume all of the above, but there is fact in what dude is saying he just didnt include many details.
    There is fact in what dude is saying? No, that is incorrect, science is ALWAYS changing and in the field of nutrition it's even worse. The study or studies that you have read have been refuted in hundreds of other studies that back up the original study.

    Netflix documentaries and the studies behind them, if looked into deep enough, will usually lead you to the biased individuals that funded them.


    - Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  26. Professional Member
    PalmFist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,293
    Rep Power
    1896201

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    Netflix documentaries and the studies behind them, if looked into deep enough, will usually lead you to the biased individuals that funded them.
    I don't like the notion of using a documentary from Netflix as a foundation upon which to form wholly encompassing ideas about human nutrition. Using this as the evidence to paint broad strokes of "fact" on the canvas of nutritional needs of people shows a serious lack of attention to many sides of the argument. Never assume what you have just read or seen and heard from a publication to be the end all be all of SCIENCE... Like Valdez stated above, the only consistent thing about science is that its forever changing and evolving based on the findings of previous research and theories
    Independent Review
  27. New Member
    anarchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    35

    Reputation

    W-w-w.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/12.07/11-dairy.html

    I can't post links yet so correct the www
  28. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    767474

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I def agree bodybuilders dont need a ton of protein. I use to eat 300 plus.. i now eat 150g and gain just as good
  29. Senior Member
    madds87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,903
    Rep Power
    98804

    Reputation Reputation

    This is ridiculous.... cavemen ate meat.... and mostly organs too. Hence why they could live healthily. From all the vits and mins in organs... not plants.... *sigh*

    I dont know why im even commenting.... this is retarded.... but could get entertaining....
  30. Senior Member
    madds87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,903
    Rep Power
    98804

    Reputation Reputation

    And second of all if you believe all this bull, you obviously havent thought about evolution.

    But then why would the average person be living longer than 10 yrs ago? Please tell me its because of all the nuts and herbs i have been eating.

    Your logic is illogical and only have come on here to start trouble... leave this forum or start acting right...
  31. Senior Member
    madds87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,903
    Rep Power
    98804

    Reputation Reputation

    Gah i cant stop posting....

    And third cells die slowely. Not immediate. Dont animals twitch still after death?

    How old are you? Are you in a cult?
  32. New Member
    Russianog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    174
    Rep Power
    41641

    Reputation

    In for this awesome read!
    OBSESSED is a word the LAZY use to describe the DEDICATED.
    Beast Mode RECOMP: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/224356-beast-mode recomp.html
  33. New Member
    Ballesteri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    1769574

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post
    I am replying to you because so far you are the only one who has managed to give an intelligent reply. All I know is that many other people who have done this have reported much more energy and quicker recovery, so I have no idea why it didn't work for you. The only thing I can think of is that when you start eating healthier protein foods, your body either starts to detox or has to get use to the new diet, which can make the body feel weak. But animal protein is not a natural protein. Natures protein is the best.
    I think it has to do with being able to survive the life stessors that each has to deal with. Now I know people who have great health and longevity on this diet, but they are also rather sedentary. I on the other hand am not and my body just could not recover from all I was putting it through on this diet, actually had a bit of back trouble while on it.
    That being said I still do not eat any animals with four legs lol. for all kinds of reasons not the least of which is the way in which many of these animals are treated. Other than eggs, and fish, I only eat free range turkey and chicken raised without rbgh.

    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    And second of all if you believe all this bull, you obviously havent thought about evolution.

    But then why would the average person be living longer than 10 yrs ago? Please tell me its because of all the nuts and herbs i have been eating.

    Your logic is illogical and only have come on here to start trouble... leave this forum or start acting right...
    1. 10 yrs has much to do with advances in medicine etc.
    2. Who are you to tell the dude to leave the forum. Who are you to decide what constitues, "acting right", not trying to put "you" down but you do come across rather adolescent...
  34. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,836
    Rep Power
    2105225

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Re: The protein myth


    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post
    I would like to know if anyone else is becoming aware of the protein myth that most bodybuilders have fallen for: "You must eat lots of protein, otherwise you won't make any gains." As a result of this rotten lie, hundreds of thousands of bodybuilders are scoffing down ridiculous amounts of protein every day, often giving them smelly wind and bloating and leaving them with an empty wallet. What's worse is that most of the protein bodybuilders eat is animal protein, which is not natural for human consumption. Let me elaborate:


    If you eat a dead animal, you are eating dead protein. When you cook meat or any other food, you kill the living enzymes, which will prevent proper digestion. It's not about how much protein you eat, it's how much you are able to absorb. Most of the protein that bodybuilders eat is not absorbed into the muscle because animal protein is hard to digest. Most of it just passes through them and puts a strain on their liver and kidneys. All you need is a small amount of good quality protein to grow. A baby can gain 12 pounds in 6 months by drinking breast milk, because breast milk, unlike cows milk, it a natrural protein. Dead animal protein is second hand.


    The biggest scandal is whey protein. Whey is completely unnatural. Many bodybuilders complain of wind, bloating, and stomach upset after drinking whey protein. That's because whey protein is another dead animal protein. It has no living enzymes and it doesn't digest properly. It also sticks to the inside of your intestines. Rub some whey powder with a few drops of water between your fingers. It's horribly sticky, just like gue. No wonder it can cause wind and stomach upset. What you want is a plant protein powder like hemp protein or sun warrior. Ever since I've been on hemp protein, I've had no bloating or stomach upset. Hemp protein is completely natural and is very easy to digest. Whey protein is toxic to the digestive system, and the quality of the protein is very poor.


    Small amounts of natural protein is all you need: protein found in seeds, nuts, fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Once you cut out animal protein and replace is with natures protein, you will recover faster, have more strength and energy, and be much healthier. Clogging yourself up with 200-300 grams of animal protein is the stupidist thing I've ever heard. You want hemp protein powder, seeds, nuts, bananas, spinach, kale, avocado, seaweed, spouts, and all other green herbs and vegetables. Animal protein is junk protein.
    You are a fanatic.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  35. New Member
    anarchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    35

    Reputation

    For the record, I'm not affiliated with this Steven guy... Nor am I here to bash lifters... I'm here for information and to gain and share my knowledge on lifting, supplementation, AAS, nutrition, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    This is ridiculous.... cavemen ate meat.... and mostly organs too. Hence why they could live healthily. From all the vits and mins in organs... not plants.... *sigh*

    I dont know why im even commenting.... this is retarded.... but could get entertaining....
    Idk why your commenting either when you obviously aren't comprehending my statements. I stated we did eat meat but not everyday because we had to catch and kill to do so. It wasnt like we just rolled into a grocery store, so therefore we got the bulk of our nutrition from plants/ vegetables etc.




    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    And second of all if you believe all this bull, you obviously havent thought about evolution.

    But then why would the average person be living longer than 10 yrs ago? Please tell me its because of all the nuts and herbs i have been eating.

    Your logic is illogical and only have come on here to start trouble... leave this forum or start acting right...
    This is illogical if you are trying to use it as an argument of eating meat... Your great great grandparents surely ate meat yet their life expectancy was drastically shorter. Advances in medicine are mostly to thank. For example of discovery of penicillin, as common as it is today, saved millions of lives in the past.

    And for the record, I eat meats, and dairy... I'm not here to bash doing so...
  36. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,438
    Rep Power
    2612250

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post

    I'm all for punching a cow right in the face and eating it right there.
    this gave me slight chuckle...good stuff
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  37. Advanced Member
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    188234

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Regarding the first paragraph, the idea isn't that small intake of protein will lead to no gains, but finding an amount that will lead to best gains and there are already active discussions about this on both sides.

    If you eat a dead animal, you are getting a delicious source of bioavailable protein, proven to build muscle. A few enzymes may be lost in the cooking process but it's better than food poisoning and parasites. Don't overcook your food and you'll still preserve some of th enzymes anyhow. Bloody steak for the win. Either way though, you are getting a delicious source of bioavailable protein, proven to build muscle.

    Whey protein has an extremely high biological value, and tops the list of proteins for this particular topic. It is not a whole food and nobody argues it to be. It's a "supplement" taken along side whole foods to achieve an amount of protein that creates the optimal conditions for muscle recovery.

    Fruits, vegetables, nuts et cetera make excellent additions to a bloody steak dinner and to a whey shake for a convenient snack but if you want to talk about bad gas, eat a handful of chia seeds and report back.

    Your entire post is off base and incorrect where building muscle is concerned. And for the record, once you rip a fruit, veggie or nut from the vine, it is dead and begins decaying immediatly. By the time you pick fruit up from the grocery store, cart it home and eat it a few days later, it has been dead for weeks. The decomposition may not be horrendous or even noticeable to the senses but many of its enzymes, phytochemicals et cetera have started to degrade.
  38. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532237

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    The protein myth


    Cite sources or GTFO.

    Mmmmm...12or ribeye and 4 eggs for breakfast.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  39. New Member
    DV663's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    54134

    Reputation Reputation

    sounds like hippy science to me
  40. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,438
    Rep Power
    2612250

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    edit: try'd punching cow in the face and was counter blocked by 4 utters across my jaw, he stands over me mumbling "stay vegetarian bish"
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 06:52 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 05:42 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 05:41 PM
  4. Seems the Old Myth is Actually True
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in