The protein myth - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 First ... 3678910 ... Last

The protein myth

1. Registered User

and if you want the definitive answer ( and more about protein than most of us want to know )

yyy.jssm.org/vol3/n3/2/v3n3-2pdf.pdf

replace the yyy with www - it wont let me posst links yet

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Mike Tyson tried this route he became vegan, he lost 40 pounds

•   

3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.

Gorillas are omnivores just like humans they like red bloody meat just like we do. I do like the hemp protein and breast milk though (kinda miss my wife being pregnant).

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post
    And those who consume more animal proteins have more sickness and disease. Eating a dead, cooked animal is not as good as eating raw protein provided by nature.
    well the inuit prove that idea wrong and have for thousands of years. care to try again?
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

After an animal has been slaughtered and cooked in the oven or the grill, I think we can safely say that it's not natural.
    anthropologists have proven that eating animal based protein has allowed us to evolve to be homo sapiens in the first place.

humans have the amazing ability to learn from their experiences and the amazing ability to not do so. reminds me of a quote from einstein, the 2 most abundant things in the universe are hydrogen and human stupidity and im not so sure about helium.

6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

The strongest animals in the world are vegetarians. The few animals that eat meat have a huge amount of stomach acid and are able to digest the meat a lot easier. Dead animal protein doesn't digest very well in humans, yet ignorant and stupid bodybuilders think that meat is good quality protein. It is not! Even a gorilla has got the intelligence to get its protein from nature. Dumb humans are like sheep. They will follow anything that suits them.
    those herbovires have different metabolisms and different digestive tracts than we do. they do not require essential amino acids like homo sapiens. so you are not comparing the same things.

the only thing i can even come close to agreeing with you is that animal meat does not digest as well in our bodies as it would in a carnivore. but guess what, we are not carnivores. we are omnivores. so again not a valid argument.

and how is animal protein not natural. i have not ready past this post yet but you keep saying its not and i have not read why its not. you have made the claims, can you back them up with science from peer reviewed research journals?

7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    those herbovires have different metabolisms and different digestive tracts than we do. they do not require essential amino acids like homo sapiens. so you are not comparing the same things.

the only thing i can even come close to agreeing with you is that animal meat does not digest as well in our bodies as it would in a carnivore. but guess what, we are not carnivores. we are omnivores. so again not a valid argument.

and how is animal protein not natural. i have not ready past this post yet but you keep saying its not and i have not read why its not. you have made the claims, can you back them up with science from peer reviewed research journals?
    We could get biblical if anyone here is religious and believes the bible lol... read Genesis chapter 9 verses 1-3... just sayin
    Why not zoidberg?

8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by macdady View Post
    We could get biblical if anyone here is religious and believes the bible lol... read Genesis chapter 9 verses 1-3... just sayin
    we could, shall we involve all religions? or should we just stick to facts?

9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

we could, shall we involve all religions? or should we just stick to facts?
    Evolution isn't fact either mister its called the "the theory of evolution" for a reason lol... I'm not here to start a argument buddy just throwing out another view point on meat eating.
    Why not zoidberg?

10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Evolution isn't fact either mister its called the "the theory of evolution" for a reason lol... I'm not here to start a argument buddy just throwing out another view point on meat eating.
    http://ncse.com/evolution/education/...cientific-work
    http://undsci.berkeley.edu/article/howscienceworks_19
    http://thehappyscientist.com/study-u...ory-become-law

gravity is a theory, it is also a fact it exists. try again. this is not argument, it is facts. science FTW.

11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Dude you have your beliefs I have mine. I'm not trying g to start a argument. Its just another view is all. We could go back and forth all day with god this random explosion that but its not worth the time... I've looked into evolution but don't find anything that I agree with. And yes I believe in science, I'm not crazy, but I believe in god. Just put your computer sword away calm down and go about your friendly typing. Like I said just another view point no need to get all twisted up about it
    Why not zoidberg?

12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

thats the problem, i wasnt stating a belief. i was stating a fact. you cant compare facts with beliefs/opinions.

to define them so there is no missunderstanding.

fact
    noun
    1.something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
    2.something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.

be·lief
    noun
    1.something believed; an opinion or conviction: a belief that the earth is flat.
    2.confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof: a statement unworthy of belief.
    3.confidence; faith; trust: a child's belief in his parents.
    4.a religious tenet or tenets; religious creed or faith: the Christian belief.

o·pin·ion
    noun
    1.a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2.a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

as you can see, facts i am stating are not just viewed but are the truths of things accepted by all and are not up for debate. opinion and beliefs by definition can be proven incorrect with facts. i have not even brought up my beliefs and will state that they are such when i do.

i post this for the benefit of others that may be reading this, not just for any particular person.

13. Registered User

No, it's not proven. At the end of Darwin's book of theory of evolution, he lists a number of things that would totally derail the theory to begin with. You should search for that list. Granted, you won't find that list on the internet.

Gravity isn't a theory. It's a force in nature, along with the strong & weak nuclear forces and electromagnetic force. That's about like saying atmospheric wind is a theory, lol.

Science is a constantly evolving in itself, which means what is "fact" or "accepted theory" or even "accepted fact" as in your case, will be bad information tomorrow. To say that we as humans, who in fact don't know everything there is to know about everything, can declare something as truth and fact is arrogant and ignorant and will prove itself in time that we are such. And as a matter of "fact", the only thing we can take to the bank is that we dont know everything and will constantly be revising what we call truth & fact, lol. To be fair, the individual who brought up the book of Genesis is in fact referring back to the most reliable and complete form of historical records that we have. Just know that if you don't believe Genesis chapter 9, then you should probably not believe any historical reference in the Bible, which means you should also believe nothing that our current historians talk about as "history".

Take the scientific articles with a grain of salt, please. Otherwise you'll fall victim of "knowledge" that will be laughed at in the future.

14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Thank you for that fueledpassion. I'm not exactly a wordsmith lol that was nicely said... and all I was trying to do was bring something else to the table about us not being designed to eat meat. Not start a internet war
    Why not zoidberg?

15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

another article on law vs theory specifically pointed towards gravity.

http://thehappyscientist.com/science...-theory-or-law

many people truly do not understand what law, theory, and hypothesis is in the usage of science. that is why i posted earlier [links to] definitions of those items to clarify so that the above post need not be posted at all. please refer to those links for the meaning of theory and law as used in my previous posts. if you do not understand please refer to those links again for the meaning of theory and law as used in my previous posts.

16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

atmospheric wind, which can also be referenced as atmospheric pressure and dynamics is a theory. here is some research on such.

http://www.atmos-chem-phys.net/13/10...1039-2013.html
    http://www.opticsinfobase.org/ao/abstract.cfm?id=39756

if you reference the links i provided earlier on the definition of theory as used in science you will see you analogy was not as effective as you think it was.

17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Thank you for that fueledpassion. I'm not exactly a wordsmith lol that was nicely said... and all I was trying to do was bring something else to the table about us not being designed to eat meat. Not start a internet war
    feel free to bring assumptions, opinions, beliefs, and even facts to the discussion. just realize that assumptions, opinions, and beliefs are not necessarily based upon fact. they can be used to allow a person to think of things and in ways that they have not before which is healthy in discussion. but in the end, especially during a discussion about truths, facts win out. that is why they are facts.

18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Wow your really going all out? Why is it that throughout this entire thread there is talk of evolution and no one has argued or chastised anyone yet when one person says something about the bible you go crazy? I smell a internet bully lol
    Why not zoidberg?

19. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

feel free to bring assumptions, opinions, beliefs, and even facts to the discussion. just realize that assumptions, opinions, and beliefs are not necessarily based upon fact. they can be used to allow a person to think of things and in ways that they have not before which is healthy in discussion. but in the end, especially during a discussion about truths, facts win out. that is why they are facts.
    The problem with calling evolution fact rather than a strongly documented theory is that there is no empirical way to duplicate it and show that overall an organism as a species will change to fit its environment better. The process is too long and slow. Is there evidence that makes it look like it happened? yes, and it very likely did. But it isn't provable to scientific standards due to that timeframe issue.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far

20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Haha do you know how many scientists actually do not believe evolution to be true? Probably more than you think. Evolution is not fact you cannot prove evolution just the same as I cannot physically prove there is a god. But if you think that the earth and every delicate thing about it and even humans came about by chance I don't get that? And another thing. The big bang is funny because all I have to say is god is the one who put those gases in the air in order for it to happen and you can't prove otherwise lol
    Why not zoidberg?

•   

Page 8 of 11 First ... 3678910 ... Last

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 06:52 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 05:42 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 05:41 PM
  4. Seems the Old Myth is Actually True
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics