The protein myth

Stephen100

Banned
Awards
I would like to know if anyone else is becoming aware of the protein myth that most bodybuilders have fallen for: "You must eat lots of protein, otherwise you won't make any gains." As a result of this rotten lie, hundreds of thousands of bodybuilders are scoffing down ridiculous amounts of protein every day, often giving them smelly wind and bloating and leaving them with an empty wallet. What's worse is that most of the protein bodybuilders eat is animal protein, which is not natural for human consumption. Let me elaborate:

If you eat a dead animal, you are eating dead protein. When you cook meat or any other food, you kill the living enzymes, which will prevent proper digestion. It's not about how much protein you eat, it's how much you are able to absorb. Most of the protein that bodybuilders eat is not absorbed into the muscle because animal protein is hard to digest. Most of it just passes through them and puts a strain on their liver and kidneys. All you need is a small amount of good quality protein to grow. A baby can gain 12 pounds in 6 months by drinking breast milk, because breast milk, unlike cows milk, it a natrural protein. Dead animal protein is second hand.

The biggest scandal is whey protein. Whey is completely unnatural. Many bodybuilders complain of wind, bloating, and stomach upset after drinking whey protein. That's because whey protein is another dead animal protein. It has no living enzymes and it doesn't digest properly. It also sticks to the inside of your intestines. Rub some whey powder with a few drops of water between your fingers. It's horribly sticky, just like gue. No wonder it can cause wind and stomach upset. What you want is a plant protein powder like hemp protein or sun warrior. Ever since I've been on hemp protein, I've had no bloating or stomach upset. Hemp protein is completely natural and is very easy to digest. Whey protein is toxic to the digestive system, and the quality of the protein is very poor.

Small amounts of natural protein is all you need: protein found in seeds, nuts, fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Once you cut out animal protein and replace is with natures protein, you will recover faster, have more strength and energy, and be much healthier. Clogging yourself up with 200-300 grams of animal protein is the stupidist thing I've ever heard. You want hemp protein powder, seeds, nuts, bananas, spinach, kale, avocado, seaweed, spouts, and all other green herbs and vegetables. Animal protein is junk protein.

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
I would like to know if anyone else is becoming aware of the protein myth that most bodybuilders have fallen for: "You must eat lots of protein, otherwise you won't make any gains." As a result of this rotten lie, hundreds of thousands of bodybuilders are scoffing down ridiculous amounts of protein every day, often giving them smelly wind and bloating and leaving them with an empty wallet. What's worse is that most of the protein bodybuilders eat is animal protein, which is not natural for human consumption. Let me elaborate:

If you eat a dead animal, you are eating dead protein. When you cook meat or any other food, you kill the living enzymes, which will prevent proper digestion. It's not about how much protein you eat, it's how much you are able to absorb. Most of the protein that bodybuilders eat is not absorbed into the muscle because animal protein is hard to digest. Most of it just passes through them and puts a strain on their liver and kidneys. All you need is a small amount of good quality protein to grow. A baby can gain 12 pounds in 6 months by drinking breast milk, because breast milk, unlike cows milk, it a natrural protein. Dead animal protein is second hand.

The biggest scandal is whey protein. Whey is completely unnatural. Many bodybuilders complain of wind, bloating, and stomach upset after drinking whey protein. That's because whey protein is another dead animal protein. It has no living enzymes and it doesn't digest properly. It also sticks to the inside of your intestines. Rub some whey powder with a few drops of water between your fingers. It's horribly sticky, just like gue. No wonder it can cause wind and stomach upset. What you want is a plant protein powder like hemp protein or sun warrior. Ever since I've been on hemp protein, I've had no bloating or stomach upset. Hemp protein is completely natural and is very easy to digest. Whey protein is toxic to the digestive system, and the quality of the protein is very poor.

Small amounts of natural protein is all you need: protein found in seeds, nuts, fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Once you cut out animal protein and replace is with natures protein, you will recover faster, have more strength and energy, and be much healthier. Clogging yourself up with 200-300 grams of animal protein is the stupidist thing I've ever heard. You want hemp protein powder, seeds, nuts, bananas, spinach, kale, avocado, seaweed, spouts, and all other green herbs and vegetables. Animal protein is junk protein.
I hear what you are saying and have tried this only to end up lacking energy, however I still do not eat red meat. I get most of my protein from eggs, fish, nuts, and yes whey but I go with the organic whey by now.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I feel this to be a pretty ignorant statement, full of a bunch of BS claims, and personal opinions.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in for all the drama this thread is going start. And what I walked away from this was I have to drink breast milk to gain muscles.
breast milk and I also articulated from it that I should eat live animals

Stephen100

Banned
Awards
I hear what you are saying and have tried this only to end up lacking energy, however I still do not eat red meat. I get most of my protein from eggs, fish, nuts, and yes whey but I go with the organic whey by now.
I am replying to you because so far you are the only one who has managed to give an intelligent reply. All I know is that many other people who have done this have reported much more energy and quicker recovery, so I have no idea why it didn't work for you. The only thing I can think of is that when you start eating healthier protein foods, your body either starts to detox or has to get use to the new diet, which can make the body feel weak. But animal protein is not a natural protein. Natures protein is the best.

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
I'm not one to jump on threads but this is complete opinionated arrogance..the human race has been living on animal protein since mankind started...that's why animals like cow,chicken,pig etc, was created, so we can survive

Stephen100

Banned
Awards
I'm not one to jump on threads but this is complete opinionated arrogance..the human race has been living on animal protein since mankind started...that's why animals like cow,chicken,pig etc, was created, so we can survive
And those who consume more animal proteins have more sickness and disease. Eating a dead, cooked animal is not as good as eating raw protein provided by nature.

Stephen100

Banned
Awards
Animals are not natural? This is so mind-bendingly brilliant that my head hurts!
After an animal has been slaughtered and cooked in the oven or the grill, I think we can safely say that it's not natural.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The most damning evidence is that babies can gain 12 pounds in 6 months.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Wow good read. I think I'm going to turn vegan right now. Lol

samson1987

samson1987

Awards
This article is terribly opinionated and ignorant.

Stephen100

Banned
Awards
I would say killing for food is perfectly natural. Lions eating zebras. SO UNNATURAL. Waitwut.
The strongest animals in the world are vegetarians. The few animals that eat meat have a huge amount of stomach acid and are able to digest the meat a lot easier. Dead animal protein doesn't digest very well in humans, yet ignorant and stupid bodybuilders think that meat is good quality protein. It is not! Even a gorilla has got the intelligence to get its protein from nature. Dumb humans are like sheep. They will follow anything that suits them.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Edit: double post

anarchy

anarchy

Awards
There is some truth to this thread.... We as humans eat meat but aren't meant to eat meat often... As cave people we had to survive off of plants for our nutritional needs. It isn't like we caught an animal everyday and also we used a lot more energy in gathering and or catching our food. Broccoli has more protein per calorie than steak. The United States has the highest cancer rate in the world but we are also the largest consumer of animal based proteins which have been proven to activate the dormant cancer cells that we all possess. There are documentaries on this same subject on Netflix. Just like America has the highest percentage of degenerate bone diseases, which has been linked to the consumption of milk, which we are the largest consumer of. When ingested it actually increases acidity in your stomach and our body draws calcium from our bones to neutralize this increase. I consume all of the above, but there is fact in what dude is saying he just didnt include many details.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stupidist or stupidest? Kind of ironic, huh? You come in here degrading people calling them stupid, dumb and ignorant while you misspell your insulting remarks.

Animal protein is not now nor has it ever been "unnatural". Unless you are talking specifically about hormones.

You seem to be a strong advocate of being a vegan, that's fantastic but don't come in here telling people how stupidist, stupidir them are when they disagree. You approached the possibility for an intellectual conversation in an extremely inappropriate fashion.

Start over with actual evidence. Not using some asinine statement of the development of infants as support for your argument. If you honestly believe that to be evidence, I suggest you research the stages of development of infants. You were so quick to discredit those that furnished no factual evidence while you came in doing the exact same thing.

- Valdez

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
I hope this thread blows up. I could use a few good laughs throughout the day. Oh man... Theres already room for so much criticism and half-brained theories...

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is some truth to this thread.... We as humans eat meat but aren't meant to eat meat often... As cave people we had to survive off of plants for our nutritional needs. It isn't like we caught an animal everyday and also we used a lot more energy in gathering and or catching our food. Broccoli has more protein per calorie than steak. The United States has the highest cancer rate in the world but we are also the largest consumer of animal based proteins which have been proven to activate the dormant cancer cells that we all possess. There are documentaries on this same subject on Netflix. Just like America has the highest percentage of degenerate bone diseases, which has been linked to the consumption of milk, which we are the largest consumer of. When ingested it actually increases acidity in your stomach and our body draws calcium from our bones to neutralize this increase. I consume all of the above, but there is fact in what dude is saying he just didnt include many details.
There is fact in what dude is saying? No, that is incorrect, science is ALWAYS changing and in the field of nutrition it's even worse. The study or studies that you have read have been refuted in hundreds of other studies that back up the original study.

Netflix documentaries and the studies behind them, if looked into deep enough, will usually lead you to the biased individuals that funded them.

- Valdez

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Netflix documentaries and the studies behind them, if looked into deep enough, will usually lead you to the biased individuals that funded them.
I don't like the notion of using a documentary from Netflix as a foundation upon which to form wholly encompassing ideas about human nutrition. Using this as the evidence to paint broad strokes of "fact" on the canvas of nutritional needs of people shows a serious lack of attention to many sides of the argument. Never assume what you have just read or seen and heard from a publication to be the end all be all of SCIENCE... Like Valdez stated above, the only consistent thing about science is that its forever changing and evolving based on the findings of previous research and theories

anarchy

anarchy

Awards
W-w-w.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/12.07/11-dairy.html

I can't post links yet so correct the www

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I def agree bodybuilders dont need a ton of protein. I use to eat 300 plus.. i now eat 150g and gain just as good

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
This is ridiculous.... cavemen ate meat.... and mostly organs too. Hence why they could live healthily. From all the vits and mins in organs... not plants.... *sigh*

I dont know why im even commenting.... this is retarded.... but could get entertaining....

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
And second of all if you believe all this bull, you obviously havent thought about evolution.

But then why would the average person be living longer than 10 yrs ago? Please tell me its because of all the nuts and herbs i have been eating.

Your logic is illogical and only have come on here to start trouble... leave this forum or start acting right...

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Gah i cant stop posting....

And third cells die slowely. Not immediate. Dont animals twitch still after death?

How old are you? Are you in a cult?

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
In for this awesome read!

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
I am replying to you because so far you are the only one who has managed to give an intelligent reply. All I know is that many other people who have done this have reported much more energy and quicker recovery, so I have no idea why it didn't work for you. The only thing I can think of is that when you start eating healthier protein foods, your body either starts to detox or has to get use to the new diet, which can make the body feel weak. But animal protein is not a natural protein. Natures protein is the best.
I think it has to do with being able to survive the life stessors that each has to deal with. Now I know people who have great health and longevity on this diet, but they are also rather sedentary. I on the other hand am not and my body just could not recover from all I was putting it through on this diet, actually had a bit of back trouble while on it.
That being said I still do not eat any animals with four legs lol. for all kinds of reasons not the least of which is the way in which many of these animals are treated. Other than eggs, and fish, I only eat free range turkey and chicken raised without rbgh.

And second of all if you believe all this bull, you obviously havent thought about evolution.

But then why would the average person be living longer than 10 yrs ago? Please tell me its because of all the nuts and herbs i have been eating.

Your logic is illogical and only have come on here to start trouble... leave this forum or start acting right...
1. 10 yrs has much to do with advances in medicine etc.
2. Who are you to tell the dude to leave the forum. Who are you to decide what constitues, "acting right", not trying to put "you" down but you do come across rather adolescent...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

You are a fanatic.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

anarchy

anarchy

Awards
For the record, I'm not affiliated with this Steven guy... Nor am I here to bash lifters... I'm here for information and to gain and share my knowledge on lifting, supplementation, AAS, nutrition, etc.

This is ridiculous.... cavemen ate meat.... and mostly organs too. Hence why they could live healthily. From all the vits and mins in organs... not plants.... *sigh*

I dont know why im even commenting.... this is retarded.... but could get entertaining....
Idk why your commenting either when you obviously aren't comprehending my statements. I stated we did eat meat but not everyday because we had to catch and kill to do so. It wasnt like we just rolled into a grocery store, so therefore we got the bulk of our nutrition from plants/ vegetables etc.

This is illogical if you are trying to use it as an argument of eating meat... Your great great grandparents surely ate meat yet their life expectancy was drastically shorter. Advances in medicine are mostly to thank. For example of discovery of penicillin, as common as it is today, saved millions of lives in the past.

And for the record, I eat meats, and dairy... I'm not here to bash doing so...

TexasGuy

Awards
Regarding the first paragraph, the idea isn't that small intake of protein will lead to no gains, but finding an amount that will lead to best gains and there are already active discussions about this on both sides.

If you eat a dead animal, you are getting a delicious source of bioavailable protein, proven to build muscle. A few enzymes may be lost in the cooking process but it's better than food poisoning and parasites. Don't overcook your food and you'll still preserve some of th enzymes anyhow. Bloody steak for the win. Either way though, you are getting a delicious source of bioavailable protein, proven to build muscle.

Whey protein has an extremely high biological value, and tops the list of proteins for this particular topic. It is not a whole food and nobody argues it to be. It's a "supplement" taken along side whole foods to achieve an amount of protein that creates the optimal conditions for muscle recovery.

Fruits, vegetables, nuts et cetera make excellent additions to a bloody steak dinner and to a whey shake for a convenient snack but if you want to talk about bad gas, eat a handful of chia seeds and report back.

Your entire post is off base and incorrect where building muscle is concerned. And for the record, once you rip a fruit, veggie or nut from the vine, it is dead and begins decaying immediatly. By the time you pick fruit up from the grocery store, cart it home and eat it a few days later, it has been dead for weeks. The decomposition may not be horrendous or even noticeable to the senses but many of its enzymes, phytochemicals et cetera have started to degrade.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cite sources or GTFO.

Mmmmm...12or ribeye and 4 eggs for breakfast.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
edit: try'd punching cow in the face and was counter blocked by 4 utters across my jaw, he stands over me mumbling "stay vegetarian bish"

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Oh man you never go head to head with a cow, that's just suicide. They have horrible peripheral vision similar to that of a T-Rex you need to catch them with a side hook to the face first and then do work on the body.
brb, studying fight scene from kung pow enter the fist....

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Regarding the first paragraph, the idea isn't that small intake of protein will lead to no gains, but finding an amount that will lead to best gains and there are already active discussions about this on both sides.

If you eat a dead animal, you are getting a delicious source of bioavailable protein, proven to build muscle. A few enzymes may be lost in the cooking process but it's better than food poisoning and parasites. Don't overcook your food and you'll still preserve some of th enzymes anyhow. Bloody steak for the win. Either way though, you are getting a delicious source of bioavailable protein, proven to build muscle.

Whey protein has an extremely high biological value, and tops the list of proteins for this particular topic. It is not a whole food and nobody argues it to be. It's a "supplement" taken along side whole foods to achieve an amount of protein that creates the optimal conditions for muscle recovery.

Fruits, vegetables, nuts et cetera make excellent additions to a bloody steak dinner and to a whey shake for a convenient snack but if you want to talk about bad gas, eat a handful of chia seeds and report back.

Your entire post is off base and incorrect where building muscle is concerned. And for the record, once you rip a fruit, veggie or nut from the vine, it is dead and begins decaying immediatly. By the time you pick fruit up from the grocery store, cart it home and eat it a few days later, it has been dead for weeks. The decomposition may not be horrendous or even noticeable to the senses but many of its enzymes, phytochemicals et cetera have started to degrade.
Boom...well said brother....

Reactions: ITW
OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
he's a tree hugging troll. why is this thread so active

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
It was written as a persons opinion I am not sure If it was based off the OPs experience.

When fire was invented this put a major stride in the evolution of man. We hunched forward and had large bellies. Fire and cooking food made it much easier for our bodies to absorb and digest the meat. That is the point when human postures started to stand straight up and the bellies reduced. Cooked meet is not dead your body will still break it down into anino acids. What the OP stated may be seen on a doctor Phill show, people here have different nutritional needs that an average person.

I had a General Practitioner sware all this to me. He was short, little muscle, a bit over weight. I laughed.

There are just way to many studies about benefits of protein and high protein diets.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I think it has to do with being able to survive the life stessors that each has to deal with. Now I know people who have great health and longevity on this diet, but they are also rather sedentary. I on the other hand am not and my body just could not recover from all I was putting it through on this diet, actually had a bit of back trouble while on it.
That being said I still do not eat any animals with four legs lol. for all kinds of reasons not the least of which is the way in which many of these animals are treated. Other than eggs, and fish, I only eat free range turkey and chicken raised without rbgh.

1. 10 yrs has much to do with advances in medicine etc.
2. Who are you to tell the dude to leave the forum. Who are you to decide what constitues, "acting right", not trying to put "you" down but you do come across rather adolescent...
So you support this kind of behavior. Someone coming on a bodybuilding forum and pretty much telling them all that there idiots and dont know what there talking about. On top of it no research. Just biassed opinion.

I can say that im sure the forum doesnt want a trouble maker. You know how i know? I was one of them. lol

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Ok ok... op ill believ yah if you start a log to prove it and i will gladly follow. :)

Stephen100

Banned
Awards
Stupidist or stupidest? Kind of ironic, huh? You come in here degrading people calling them stupid, dumb and ignorant while you misspell your insulting remarks.

Animal protein is not now nor has it ever been "unnatural". Unless you are talking specifically about hormones.

You seem to be a strong advocate of being a vegan, that's fantastic but don't come in here telling people how stupidist, stupidir them are when they disagree. You approached the possibility for an intellectual conversation in an extremely inappropriate fashion.

Start over with actual evidence. Not using some asinine statement of the development of infants as support for your argument. If you honestly believe that to be evidence, I suggest you research the stages of development of infants. You were so quick to discredit those that furnished no factual evidence while you came in doing the exact same thing.

- Valdez
Yes, people ARE dumb, and your reply is proof of this. Animal protein is not natural for human consumption. The scientific evidence backs this up.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, people ARE dumb, and your reply is proof of this. Animal protein is not natural for human consumption. The scientific evidence backs this up.
and what evidence is this?

Stephen100

Banned
Awards

If you were to spew this nonsense in front of a gorilla, the gorilla would call you an ignorant retard.

Stephen100

Banned
Awards
Regarding the first paragraph, the idea isn't that small intake of protein will lead to no gains, but finding an amount that will lead to best gains and there are already active discussions about this on both sides.If you eat a dead animal, you are getting a delicious source of bioavailable protein, proven to build muscle. A few enzymes may be lost in the cooking process but it's better than food poisoning and parasites. Don't overcook your food and you'll still preserve some of th enzymes anyhow. Bloody steak for the win. Either way though, you are getting a delicious source of bioavailable protein, proven to build muscle.Whey protein has an extremely high biological value, and tops the list of proteins for this particular topic. It is not a whole food and nobody argues it to be. It's a "supplement" taken along side whole foods to achieve an amount of protein that creates the optimal conditions for muscle recovery.Fruits, vegetables, nuts et cetera make excellent additions to a bloody steak dinner and to a whey shake for a convenient snack but if you want to talk about bad gas, eat a handful of chia seeds and report back. Your entire post is off base and incorrect where building muscle is concerned. And for the record, once you rip a fruit, veggie or nut from the vine, it is dead and begins decaying immediatly. By the time you pick fruit up from the grocery store, cart it home and eat it a few days later, it has been dead for weeks. The decomposition may not be horrendous or even noticeable to the senses but many of its enzymes, phytochemicals et cetera have started to degrade.
Your ignorance is probably the worst yet. Cooking a dead animal does not give you good protein. Most of the enzymes have been killed, and it doesn't digest properly. Most of the protein is not absorbed into the muscle, because eating a dead animal that has been cooked is not healthy. You can't believe this because of years and years of brainwashing. Whey protein is toxic. Many bodybuilders scratch their heads in confusion as to why whey protein keeps giving them smelly wind and an upset stomach. It's because whey protein is dead animal protein. It has no living enzymes and very little fiber. Hemp protein is the best protein powder for building muscle because it's a natural organic protein. Sun Warrior is another natural protein that is fantastic. Bodybuilders who consume whey protein are being duped.